Recommendation for a Garmin 60CSX screen protector?

Sgt_Strider

I just bought an InvisableShield (www.zagg.com) for my Garmin 60csx and it fit GREAT! It was only $9.95 with FREE shipping (which took 2 weeks!!) The other option was to pay $8.79 for shipping. The product is awesome but getting it in a timely manner was tough.

I second the invisible shield. I tried other products but wasn't as satisfied with their clarity.

I just bought an InvisableShield (www.zagg.com) for my Garmin 60csx and it fit GREAT! It was only $9.95 with FREE shipping (which took 2 weeks!!) The other option was to pay $8.79 for shipping. The product is awesome but getting it in a timely manner was tough.

I second the invisible shield. I tried other products but wasn't as satisfied with their clarity.

Another satisfied customer for Zagg. I've had 10 or so over the years and have been extremely happy. They also have a lifetime warranty, so unless you lose it they will replace it for the price of shipping.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for a Garmin 60CSX screen protector? The ones that I've tried like from Martin Fields and Boxwave doesn't fit the screen perfectly. It seemed like they rely on internet pictures to design their screen protectors rather than having the actual devices in front of them.

I just use PDA screen protectors. Precision cut them myself.

Thanks for the information. I ordered one for my Vista Hcx.

OldA'sFan

So the fit is perfect? If so, I'll order one asap!

I recently got my Zagg screen protector from the mail and I'm very disappointed with the product. The screen protector doesn't cover the entire screen. I don't understand how you guys can be satisfied with a product that only covers 80% of the screen. It just doesn't go all the way to the edges. I've already filed for a full refund. I guess I'll be looking at other alternatives for my Garmin 60CSX.

Hi Sgt_Strider,

Has Zagg changed the design from what the photo shows in the following post/photo? Where do you find the 20% uncovered......looks nearly 100% in the photo.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=3545386

Cheers,

Jim

I recently got my Zagg screen protector from the mail and I'm very disappointed with the product. The screen protector doesn't cover the entire screen. I don't understand how you guys can be satisfied with a product that only covers 80% of the screen. It just doesn't go all the way to the edges. I've already filed for a full refund. I guess I'll be looking at other alternatives for my Garmin 60CSX.

Edited by jimlarkey

On my 60csx, the Zagg screen protector pretty much covers the whole screen. There is about 1/16" inch around each edge that is not covered, but good enough coverage for me. If a scratch would nick that edge around the screen protector, it wouldn't bother me since it's not in the field of view of the screen.

On the 60CSx, if it went to the edge on the sides, it would create snag point if you didn't get it 100% exactly centered. On recessed screens, it would be impossible to remove if it fit exactly to the edge.

Same thing, lower price.

The price is right. Do you use one of these on your Colorado? How does it affect visibility and reflections?

Yes, I have one. Actually, I've bought a bunch of this stuff in bulk and everything I own has one.

Visibility and reflections are not as good as a plain screen, but they are as good as any screen protector I've seen.

Well i have not used the above product,,,it sure sounds good. I opted for the 8 dollar pack of "cut your own" stuff from Radio Shack. It comes in big sheets about 5x8 and about ten sheets or so in a box. With that amount you could change every month and it will last for a very long time. I just change them when-ever they get a little scratched up. They have done a wonderfull job of protection and I feel it's the best bang for my buck,,,, shoot, I use it to cover my camera, wrist watch, ipod,on and on ,,,anyathing with a screen cell phone etc,,,,,:unsure:

I originally had a Garmin Legend and the screen gathered several scratches while riding off-road bikes in the mud, rocks and woods. When I switched to a 60Cx 3 years ago I bought screen protectors but they downgraded the screen visibility so I releuctantly stopped using them.

3 years later I haven't got a single scratch on my 60Cx or the 60CSx I bought used 12 months ago.

The screen seems incredibly tough and not in need in protection.

Bob

I just installed the Zagg Invisible shield tonight on my new GPSMAP 60Cx. I scratched my old eTrex H GPSr on a cache hunt called "The Ditch." The ditch was super steep and down I went and so did my GPSr screen, right on a nearby piece of gravel. CURSES!! So, I decided that when I got the new unit I wanted some protection. Apparently this ZAGG setup is supposed to dry totally clear and not ruin the clarity. Thought I'd give it a shot. Zagg :D