Oregon 400t - Which firmware?

hmarshall

This must be one of those 'something everyone knows' and I'm looking right past it, nor I can find anything regarding...

How do you know which firmware you're currently running? All I see is 2.01 for the maps on startup. Not tapping a menu twice or such? That being asked.. I want to hold off on the 2.8 update. But if I'm at 2.03 or whatever it is, and there are a couple relevant updates, is it possible to get just those. From the looks of the Garmin site its latest or nothing. Thanks!

HM

Go2

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Versions

Be aware, last updates 2.7 AND 2.8 are NOT recommended

Maybe better what most do, wait for next update.

Main Menu>Setup>About... will display the Software and GPS Software Versions.

Good grief.. thought I had been through every menu on the unit, missed that one! I'm at 'software' version 2.10 w/GPS @ 2.42. I gotta ask... which of these is actually the firmware that I'll be updating?

Just tried to get it registered and some updates via Garmin. Now thats ugly. All I kept getting was 'download complete' '..remove and restart, reconnect, click next'.. and so on.. must have went through that 10 times before it dawned on me that.. you know.. its probably not doing anything.. and likely wasn't. Am also using a PN-40.. much smoother firmware update procedure..

Okay.. now I see which is firmware, I'll learn to read one of these days.. apparently just not today. Thanks!

HM

Edited by hmarshall

You can find information on how to do things like this in the extremely detailed and all encompassing owners manual. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laughing::anitongue::laughing:

:laughing: Calling it a 'Manual' is a pretty good stretch. They should just print the wiki pages and stick'em in the box, at least you'd get some useful documentation!

You can find information on how to do things like this in the extremely detailed and all encompassing owners manual. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laughing::anitongue::laughing:

:laughing: Calling it a 'Manual' is a pretty good stretch. They should just print the wiki pages and stick'em in the box, at least you'd get some useful documentation!

...and now I'm double posting.. aarrgg...

Edited by hmarshall