Table Mountain Traverse Extravaganza

the pooks

(With thanks and acknowledgements to Discombob whose caches started this enthusiasm)

I hereby invite all geocachers and other interested parties to the most exciting hike of all times incorporating not only two of Discombob's worthy caches but what in my opinion must be the most exciting and spectacular traverses Table Mountain has to offer.

The deal is thus:

Grotto-Fountain-Cairn Traverse (incorporating Traverse...Reverse cache) > up Kloof Corner chains (I have inside knowledge that this incorporates a cache yet to be placed) > down Right Face - Arrow Face Traverse (incorporating Frodo's Journey)

Now for the tricky part : to agree on a date that suits everybody or at best most participants.

This expedition is not for wooses! You need to be reasonably fit (or have an above average pain threshold) and heights and exposure must have a positive influence on your adrenalin.

Having said all that I am the first to admit that it was only a year ago that I was first introduced to Traverse...Reverse. At that stage it was a BROWN CORDUROY EXPERIENCE. I went on to complete Frodo's journey which was then another BCE. By now I have visited Trav...Rev four times and Frodo's three times and feel experienced enough to show you mere mortals what life is all about.

This expedition is not really more difficult that getting to the top of Table Mountain and back down again (without the cable car). My hands got a bit sweaty on the kloof corner chains. My brother mentioned something about technique whereby you lean back and let your legs do the work...

Let the action begin. What say you? Let us know what dates you are available and see if we can gravitate to a date.

Goodness, you really are quite the junkie!

Why don't you place Kloof Corner Difficult while on the big expedition ?

Preferably above the long chain, but before the last chain, and a Kloof corner Medium would be prefect at the gap in the wall a bit before the big chain!

Because who knows when I will get the chance to place them.

Oh darn, does that moratorium on SANP caches rules those out?