Geocaching Dreams

meralgia

I sometimes have dreams (nightmares?) of my cache being muggled, or washed away by the rain into the nearby stream, ect...

Needless to say it's still there [:anitongue:]

I'm still a newbie, so I'm sure there will be more cache dreams to come :laughing:

- ClanBlakley #3

Hello ClanBlakely #3

If you hide a nice Mystery/Puzzle cache then you can create nightmares for even the most experienced geocacher. Her ein Alberta we have one of the world's leading Mystery/Puzzle geocachers, if you hide a good Puzzle /Mystery cache you can rest assured that this Alberta geocacher and Charter Member of geocaching.com is working on it.

On my cache Goldfish this geocacher actually left a log describing the nightmares that this hide caused. Here is link to the nightmare log* left on my cache Goldfish.

That is not an accurate description of my wardrobe by the way, I don't own any gold clothing. :laughing:

*If you are a new Alberta geocacher then this message could be clue to help you in the "subtext contest". The subtext contest is a smaller separate contest in the Christmas Caching Puzzle. Watch the Christmas Caching Puzzle thread to see if/when the eligibility dates are expanded to include accounts created in September of 2008.

Edited by wavector

I have! Earlier this month I dreamed that I was at an outdoor mall in Atlanta and just started geocaching out of the blue. I had no GPS or anything and just started digging around in some shrubs and found 3 caches there. Then when I looked up from signing the logs and started walking back down the hill I was up on Chris Noth (the guy who plays Big on Sex & the City) was there and helped me down and then we cached together.

There was a lot more to the dream but not related to geocaching so I won't bore you with the rest. Not sure what it all means but it was entertaining for sure.

yes.

this entire cache came to me in a dream, complete with calculations and intermediary locations.

at first i didn't know WHERE it was supposed to be, but then i realized what one of the things in the dream was, so i went there and then did the math and all the other things were right where the calculations from the dream said they'd be.

that sucker stole three months of my life.

people seem to like it.

II was up on Chris Noth (the guy who plays Big on Sex & the City) was there and helped me down and then we cached together.

There was a lot more to the dream but not related to geocaching so I won't bore you with the rest.

IT WON'T BORE US!!!! :)

I promise you it's boring, but here goes:

I looked up to find Chris Noth reaching a hand out to help me down to the sidewalk. He and I found a few caches and then started walking around the inside part of the mall where we enjoyed a Cinnabon and some Carrie/Big type conversation and then went to a section of the mall where Old English Sheepdog races were taking place. Big, being a rich SOB gave me $13,000 to bet on which dog I thought would win the race. I lost every penny of it. He gave me some more money to bet on a different dog and the 2nd time my dog (Fred) won the race and we made a killing. However on the way out of the racetrack I was stopped and had to give the money back because I was ineligible.

After that Chris disappeared and I was wandering down a street in what looked to be a very dangerous part of town. After walking for a while and being scared and totally lost, I came upon a huge stadium with tons of people milling around outside. I found out that the Superbowl was being played there that day and didn't want to get into the crowd and all the traffic so I turned around and figured I try to find my way back to the mall and hopefully my hotel. Fortunately Big pulled up in his limo before too long and gave me a ride back to a hotel that was wayyyy nicer than the one I was staying in. The end.

Ain't ya sorry you asked? :rolleyes:

II was up on Chris Noth (the guy who plays Big on Sex & the City) was there and helped me down and then we cached together.

There was a lot more to the dream but not related to geocaching so I won't bore you with the rest.

IT WON'T BORE US!!!! :)

I promise you it's boring, but here goes:

Ain't ya sorry you asked? :)

I was expecting something a bit racier... yes. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

I had one the other night. I was hiding a cache(haven't hid one yet); went on this long walk through the woods; ended up at this weird place that had this big cone thing coming down; like those rings in the movie Stargate, except it was a solid cone cylinder; some guy got stuck under it and died; so I decided not to hide it there; kept walking; ended up in the parking lot of a police station and hid and hid it there.

Actually, yes, I have. I've had many caching dreams, but I think the most interesting ones are those where you either solve a DNF, or think that you have solved it.

I can think of one DNF'd cache where I actually figured it out in my sleep, after repeated DNFs, and another much more recent DNF where I was sure that I had it all figured out, following a dream, but arrived only to find that reality didn't match my dreams.