Make your own self inking stamp

drdick&vick

I was looking for one of these a couple of months ago, and ended up spending £20 getting one custom made (looks good). arock&ahardplace seemed keen on a stamp too, so I might nip out to Adli tomorrow and see if they've got any left.

Thanks for the link.

I got one of these a while ago, and left it in the car. It did notlike it I am not certain how or why but it started leaking ink... They are good just keep an eye on it...

I was looking for one of these a couple of months ago, and ended up spending £20 getting one custom made (looks good). arock&ahardplace seemed keen on a stamp too, so I might nip out to Adli tomorrow and see if they've got any left.

Thanks for the link.

I got one of these a while ago, and left it in the car. It did notlike it I am not certain how or why but it started leaking ink... They are good just keep an eye on it...

Thanks, GerritS. I keep mine in a sealable bag just in case this happens, I'll be sure to mention this before handing the ALDI one over to arock&ahardplace. If the stamp was to leak in her cache bag, I can see myself walking around with "This cache has be found by arock&ahardplace, TFTC." stamped on my forehead. :D

Thanks for the link.

Thanks, GerritS. I keep mine in a sealable bag just in case this happens, I'll be sure to mention this before handing the ALDI one over to arock&ahardplace. If the stamp was to leak in her cache bag, I can see myself walking around with "This cache has be found by arock&ahardplace, TFTC." stamped on my forehead. :D

Now that would look nice if you could get some nice Red Ink :D:D:D

I am new to caching and will be doing my first in Nottingham this coming weekend. I got a self inking stamp custom made for something else from a place in Nottingham but I will be able to use it for caching as well. It only cost me £15 for a 2cm square one. It should be good for a few thousand stamps as well. If anyone wants details of the company let me know and I will pass it on to you as I am not sure if I should name them or not on here. I know they do post out though as well.

Thanks for the link.

Thanks, GerritS. I keep mine in a sealable bag just in case this happens, I'll be sure to mention this before handing the ALDI one over to arock&ahardplace. If the stamp was to leak in her cache bag, I can see myself walking around with "This cache has be found by arock&ahardplace, TFTC." stamped on my forehead. :unsure:

.......Just usual shipping charges small print...

.......and never ending e-mails from that point onwards......

As well as signing you up for a monthly fee that's impossible to claw back

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=202892

We got ours from Superstickers.com

They appear to be much more expensive lately and I wonder if they were sourcing them from the EU or the US.

.......Just usual shipping charges small print...

.......and never ending e-mails from that point onwards......

As well as signing you up for a monthly fee that's impossible to claw back

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=202892

We got ours from Superstickers.com

They appear to be much more expensive lately and I wonder if they were sourcing them from the EU or the US.

I've never had any problem apart from the weekly email. I looked at that link you provided and I get the impression that the troubles are caused by people linking to Vistaprint via other sites. Pressing too many buttons for special offers.

However, I will keep an eye on my card transactions, having brought something from them about 2 months ago. Nothing untoward as yet.

I've never had any problem apart from the weekly email. I looked at that link you provided and I get the impression that the troubles are caused by people linking to Vistaprint via other sites. Pressing too many buttons for special offers.

However, I will keep an eye on my card transactions, having brought something from them about 2 months ago. Nothing untoward as yet.

If you do a Google UK search for VPRewards, you'll find a lot of others were in a similar position.

I'm not saying it still goes on, but for a short period of time, there was some small print in the account setup that said something like "If you order something from us, we will sign you up for the VPRewards scheme unless you tell us otherwise and we will charge you for the privilege". I think they stopped it after a witch hunt by a consumer organisation.

I think the way to tell them otherwise was to turn up with 3 generations of your family in a Volkswagen Camper in Jersey on the 31st February 2035.

It also appears that some US Consumer Champions took Vistaprint on and it appears that the problem has "disappeared" from your side of the pond (figuratively speaking!)

Stu

If anybody is interested in making themselves a reasonably cheap 'self inking' stamp then have a look in ALDI's today and hopefully tomorrow as they are doing a make your own kit for only £3.40

CLICK HERE to view

I know this might sound a silly question but what do you put on your stamp? Just your caching name? I've only done a couple so haven't had a chance to read many logs etc to see what is expected?

Kittb