COINTEST: Children's Story

Wandering Vikings

Getting word that the Cachers Wheels have shipped has made me giddy with excitement! I'm so eager to see them that I'm going to jump the gun a little and start their cointest a few days early... :lol:

Peter Pan is one of my favorite childrens stories and one that as a child I wanted to live in. Flying around at whim, swimming with mermaids, hunting (geocaching!) all over the place trying to find Captain Hooks treasure and as a young girl, the thought of being a mother to a large pack of boys was very appealing!

So for this cointest I want to know- if you could live in any children's story what would it be and why? We will have two categories, one for those under 16 and one for those over. If you are entering the childrens competition please specify that in your entry- if it doesn't say that it is a childs entry it will automatically be added to the grown-ups cointest.

The details...

One entry per person please. If you cache as a team under one name each member can still enter their own story, but please specify that it is a different person entering.

Cointest will run until January 5th.

There will be a first and second prize for each age group, first prize will be an AE Cachers Wheel and second prize will be your choice (1 coin) of either the gold, silver or copper SE.

We have really enjoyed the creativity that is shown in these cointests and look forward to reading your entries! :lol:

I'm over 16, so put me in with the grown-ups. : )

I think that if I had to live in a children's story, it'd probably be in the "Harry Potter" series. In fact, I have a little storyline going on in my head about an adult military person whose affinity for magic comes very late into her life (of course, it is me).

She is a US Navy person, and ends up being told in no uncertain terms that a magically-apt person must undergo training, lest she cause harm by uncontrolled magic. All of the persons in her life -- both family and at the commands at which she has served -- are magically made to "forget" that she was ever there, and she is sent to Hogwart's to learn how to control her magic.

It's an abrupt and brutal severing of her ties to her society -- plus, she's now in the company of people whom she does not know, most of whom are much younger than her. The society is confusingly different -- in many ways, it is much like standard European society (difficult enough for an American, of course), but there are still different expectations and assumptions due to the fact that there is magic and it actually works, which is also quite a shock for this older person who's grown up with science.

She gets Sorted into Hufflepuff and fits in fairly well there (I associate Hufflepuff with staunch and loyal defenders, and I like to think that's what I am -- or at least am trying to be).

Most of the story in my head consists of vignettes of her learning and exploring magic (using a specifically science-based outlook). In addition, she struggles with a really basic topic never covered in the books: if magic does exist, then why have magicians not intervened in some of the world's conflicts (or have they)? Where are the magicians doing something, say, for Darfur? (Or are they?)

Plus, she deals with bad guys in unusual ways because she is, essentially, totally alien. Her military and muggle background give her some extremely non-magical lines of thinking that end up serving her well (and, in the end, there's a religious angle that ends up throwing the bad guy totally on his keister).

And that's essentially why I think I'd enjoy living in the Harry Potter world, since this character is an idealized me. For one, Rowling's world is extremely well-realized. For another, I think that magic could not only be fun but extremely interesting. The fact that mythical creatures exist in that world is tantalizing -- what about mythical gods? That could both be very interesting (Athena) or interesting-in-a-not-pleasant-way (Ares).

And, of course, there's the basic issue of power: magic makes you powerful. Think about it. If you or I could go there, we could learn how to fly. Without an aircraft.

I mean, the first thing I'd do is devote myself to developing a spell to fly myself and a huge bubble of air into the upper atmosphere so that I could see the curvature of the earth with my own eyes. And then I'd probably break all the prohibitions against interfering in the muggle world and interfere like crazy. Darfur? No problem. So, essentially, I'd be a superhero*. Which incoporates any number of other children's stories. : )

Thanks for the cointest!

*Or a mass-murderer, depending on how powerful and how mad I got. Which incorporates any number of adult stories...

I'm over 16, so put me in with the grown-ups. : )

I think that if I had to live in a children's story, it'd probably be in the "Harry Potter" series.

Oooooohhhh! Good one! I didn't even think about that...

(btw- I think your story line sounds fascinating... you should write a book!)

I'd love to, but I don't think Ms. Rowling would be too happy about it. And I am willing to bet a large case of your favorite beverage that she gets hounded by fans with story ideas all the time. So I'll let it run around the inside of my head and maybe tell my kid the story when she gets old enough to appreciate Harry Potter. But thank you very much! It certainly keeps me entertained -- especially when I'm on the treadmill pretending that I'm jogging from Hogwarts to Hogsmeade and back. : )

When i was young..1970 ..there was a serie at dutch tv about the pied of hameln.

Every time the serie was at tv at sarerday night..i was washed [shower] my night-gown on and then i may watch from my parents. :D

It was a very thrilling serie :(

The dutch show Kunt u mij de weg naar hamelen vertellen goes about

When the ratcatcher solves the rat problem in the town of Hamelin but then disappears with all the children of the town, the alternate reality they find themselves in is an Alice in Wonderland-like adventure with flying pumpkins and carpets, mud fighting princes, dwarfs and witches, a love elixir, Wensela's melting ice palace and a lot more. The show featured over 120 songs and 45 series.

The songs were great for me as kid and the story was thrilling.

gallery127.jpg

I sure loved to be the character Lidwientje Walg..she was in every adventure and she was in love with Bertram Bierenbroodspot.

And i sure loved adventure and love..a good combination :D

foto-frontpage.jpg

The title song :D

Kunt U ons de weg naar Hamelen vertellen, mijnheer

Kunt U ons de weg zonodig stamelen

We willen heel gewoon terug naar Hamelen

Kunt U ons de weg naar Hamelen verklappen, mijnheer

‘k Moet er morgen vroeg de lamen nog gaan lappen, mijnheer

‘k Moet er nodig heen, ik heb een beurt op school

Ik heb een linkerschoen met een gescheurde zool

Kunt U ons de weg naar Hamelen verklappen, mijnheer

Ik heb een huis met zorgen en een bed dat wacht

Het vuurtje in m’n keuken spittert, spettert zacht

Weet U ook de weg, ik weet hier heg noch steg

Kunt U ons de weg de weg de weg de weg de weg de weg

De kortste weg, ik wil terug

U hoeft ons maar te wijzen tot de poort, maar vlug

Hamelen, Hamelen........

The pied of hameln is a legend about the abduction of many children from the town of Hamelin (Hameln), Germany. Famous versions of the legend are given by the Brothers Grimm and, in English, by Robert Browning.

250px-Pied_Piper_with_Children.jpg

The pied piper of hameln

I was so impressed with this story that i went last year to hameln in germany.

They have every day a little musical about the pied piper of hameln.

You see also in the village the whole legend when you walk true hameln.

And if you are lucky ..you meet als o the pied piper.

It was a wonderful holiday. :D

But the most funny thing is that they have in Hameln again a rat problem.

To much rats living nearby the river.

So the pied piper most do his work again. :lol::lol::(

065c15e1-0751-4555-9763-1286993b1ab7.jpg

Rats return to Pied Piper's town

Rats feeding (file pic)

According to legend, the piper led the rats into the river

The Pied Piper's services might be needed again in Hamelin, northern Germany - because the rats are back.

An abandoned allotment site on the edge of town has become a haven for rats, with plenty of discarded food and rubbish lying around.

According to legend, in 1284 Hamelin - called Hameln in Germany - was infested with rats but a Pied Piper lured them out of town by playing a pipe.

He later lured the children out too - but the town still celebrates the tale.

Next year the town plans to mark the 725th anniversary of the Pied Piper conquering the plague, with various events including a huge children's procession.

A street in Hamelin

Medieval buildings preserve the charm of Hamelin

Instead of drowning the rats in the nearby river, as the Pied Piper allegedly did, the authorities have placed traps around the allotment site to deal with them.

A spokesman for the authorities, Thomas Wahmes, said the problem was for now localised - but there was a threat that the rats could spread to a neighbouring housing estate.

Mr Wahmes said the rat population had "exploded" on the allotment site, but he could not tackle them there because he would be trespassing on private property, although it was not clear who owned which plots.

"We need to deal with the rats directly on the spot," he told the BBC News website on Wednesday, adding that the infested area was about the size of a football pitch.

He said offers of help had come from all over Germany since the media had broken news of Hamelin's new rat problem.

"There is no rat problem in the town centre and we hope that within weeks we'll have removed this threat," he said.

:DSo the fairy and legend goes on and i may keep dreaming :D

If I am over 16??? Well...I am just a little more than the double of that age! :lol: Ok...I am 33 and going to 34! :(

I am confused on which children's story I would like to live in!!!

I am between stories with knights and dragons, or to live the 1000 & 1 nights, or be Sebah the seaman (why this reminds me Ulysses???)..... or.... to live where I always wanted to live when I was a child!!! In the ancient Greek mythology times!!!!!!!

I would love to see all the ancient greek heroes, what they did, to meet Hercules, to help him on his adventures and exploits.... to be near Ulysses in his voyages.... see the centaures, the Olympian Gods (meet Afrodite!!! :( ), fight the monsters of the mythology, see the Minotaure... live the Greek myth....!!!

Why not be one of the heroes, or.... all of them!!! :D

Oh boy!!! Even if I am not a child anymore, I wish I could do that!!!!! :lol:

Edited by GATOULIS

a childrens story i have always loved and enjoyed (and still own my childhood copy of) is Ronia the Robbers Daughter by Astrid Lindgren. i loved the wildness of the world in the book and i loved to imagine i was ronia. she wasnt afraid of being in a world inhabited by scary and untameable spirits and denizens of nature and folklore. i loved the fact that it wasnt a world bound by supposed "normal" civilisation , i have always loathed all these stiff and starchy unwritten rules of how we are meant to live , and in Ronias world it is where i wanted to live.

a childrens story i have always loved and enjoyed (and still own my childhood copy of) is Ronia the Robbers Daughter by Astrid Lindgren. i loved the wildness of the world in the book and i loved to imagine i was ronia. she wasnt afraid of being in a world inhabited by scary and untameable spirits and denizens of nature and folklore. i loved the fact that it wasnt a world bound by supposed "normal" civilisation , i have always loathed all these stiff and starchy unwritten rules of how we are meant to live , and in Ronias world it is where i wanted to live.

How are you my dear Scotish friend??? I missed you!! :lol:

Did you receive my email wishes?? :lol:

Did you receive my email wishes?? :(

hiya there nikos my friend, yes i did get your message and thankyou for it. i apologise for not getting back to you just yet. its been so busy here so i havent been about as much. now i have almost got the house sorted out again (almost) and soon my parents are here. but anyway im waffling. speak to you soon my friend :lol:

Did you receive my email wishes?? :(

hiya there nikos my friend, yes i did get your message and thankyou for it. i apologise for not getting back to you just yet. its been so busy here so i havent been about as much. now i have almost got the house sorted out again (almost) and soon my parents are here. but anyway im waffling. speak to you soon my friend :lol:

:D Do not worry my friend!

you do not have to apologise!!

I can understand! these days are quite difficult, because we have so many things to do! :(

Oh! your parents will visit you?? a family reunion!!! GREAT!!!! :D

Entry for PengoBeky 6 years old.

I asked PengoBeky which story she would like to live in and got 2 answers. Sleeping Beauty and the Little Mermaid. Sleeping Beaty because PengoBeky thinks her dresses are the prettiest out of all the Disney Princesses...she really likes pink. And the Little Mermaid because she would love to swim in the ocean and have adventures. :lol::lol::(

I would have to say Misty of Chincoteague. Gosh, for the longest time it was my plan to move to the island and ride horses around town! This was before I was old enough to realize times change and the way things were portayed in the book differ from the way they are now.

I would so love to grow up during a time when things were simpler, people worked hard but still made time to enjoy life. It would have been neat to have a beach all to yourself, race the wind and have your dreams come true!

I love visiting the island and wish one day I could help the saltwater cowboys round up the herd of while horses (one can still dream :laughing: !). It took 13 years but in 2007 I finally was able to purchase a foal from the annual pony swim and auction. This book has been a big influence to me!

http://www.assateagueisland.com/ponyswim/ponyswim.htm

PengoMommy entry:

For me it would have to be my favorite book growing up; Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Anne's character is such a stubborn, imaginative and creative girl. She has a free spirit and I think it's a great story for 'kids' of any age. As a girl I used to imagine having adventures just like Anne. Here is a great description from wikipedia:

Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert, middle-aged siblings who live together at Green Gables, a farm in Avonlea, on Prince Edward Island, decide to adopt a boy from an orphan asylum in Nova Scotia as a helper on their farm. Through a series of mishaps, the person who ends up under their roof is a precocious girl of eleven named Anne Shirley. Anne is bright and quick, eager to please but dissatisfied with her name, her pale countenance dotted with freckles, and with her long braids of red hair. Being a child of imagination, however, Anne takes much joy in life, and adapts quickly, thriving in the environment of Prince Edward Island.

The rest of the book recounts her continued education at school, where she excels in studies very quickly, her budding literary ambitions and her friendships with people such as Diana Barry (her best friend, "bosom friend" as Anne fondly calls her), Jane Andrews, Ruby Gillis, and her rivalry with Gilbert Blythe, who teases her about her red hair and for that acquires her hatred, although he apologizes many times. Anne and Gilbert compete in class and Anne one day realizes she no longer hates Gilbert, but will not admit it.

The book also follows her misadventures in quiet, old-fashioned Avonlea. These adventures include her games with her friendship group (Diana, Jane and Ruby), her rivalries with the Pye sisters (Gertie and Josie) and her domestic mistakes such as dyeing her hair green. Anne, along with Gilbert, Ruby, Josie, Jane and a couple of others, eventually goes to the Queen's Academy and obtains a teaching license in one year, in addition to winning the Avery Prize in English, which allows her to pursue a B.A. at Redmond College.

The book ends with Matthew's death, caused by a heart attack after learning of the loss of all his and Marilla's money. Anne shows her devotion to Marilla and Green Gables by giving up the Avery Prize, deciding to stay at home and help Marilla, whose eyesight is diminishing, and teaching at the Carmody school, the nearest school available. To show his friendship, Gilbert Blythe gives up his teaching position in the Avonlea School to work at White Sands School instead, thus enabling Anne to teach at the Avonlea School and stay at Green Gables all through the week. After this kind act, Anne and Gilbert become best friends.

Over 16

If I could live inside a book, it would have to be a fantastical story full of mythical creatures and great adventures such as the Chronicles of Narnia. I would roam the plains of Middle Earth, discover the secrets of the true Narnia, and comb the corridors of Hogwarts. I would converse with centaurs, elves, and fauns. :laughing:

There are seven books in the series

1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)

2 Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia (1951)

3 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)

4 The Silver Chair (1953)

5 The Horse and His Boy (1954)

6 The Magician's Nephew (1955)

7 The Last Battle (1956)

narnialogo.jpg

Edited by Team CeDo

In the over 16 age group - by a long shot... :anitongue:

Most of the books I am considering are in the "Young Reader" category, I suppose because I read a TON in my youth (still do, really...). We did not have a TV until I was older than 10 because Mom wouldn't allow one in the house for the longest time - not that Dad minded; he still doesn't watch much TV.

So anyhoo, one of my favorite books is a story called "Black and Blue Magic" by Zilpha Keatley Snyder but I don't think I would like to live in that story, particularly.

The "Harry Potter" world would be wonderful to live in but someone else chose that one.

So I will go on to my all time favorite - Anne McCaffery's "Dragonriders of Pern". I think it would be wonderful to impress a Dragon or even some Fire Lizards if I weren't lucky enough to be searched to impress a Dragon. My Dragon's name would be Raventh - of course - a beautiful gold. :laughing:

CF30

Valarie of sweetlife: The story book that I would like to be included in would be the Wizard of Oz, reason being is that I am a adult living with a dwarfism and think it would be very cool to feel like I fit in. It would be very cool to be a munchkin. Being considered a dwarf is not been a easy for me as a child, I always got picked on and teased for being the shortest in school and now as I am a adult it still is not easy, I Always still get strange looks and being pointed at whenever I am out in public anywhere. I have over the years have collected the Wizard of Oz books.

My favorite children's book is "James and the Giant Peach," though I don't have a hard and fast reason why. So, the children's story I would most love to live in is "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" because I always wanted to be able to eat an Everlasting Gobstopper that truly lasted forever!

The Ugly Duckling. I collect this story in all languages.

It also gives me an excuse to walk in foreign bookstores of the country's I visit, but I love the story of the lonely Duckling turning into a beautiful swan

Marit

Since I won the last contest I don't really feel like I shoudl participate in this one...BUT I had to say that I do teh same thing as you! Although I collect "Cinderella" books...my mom travels a LOT now that she is retired and I got about 10 Cinderella books all in different languages for Christmas...I also collect different VERSIONS of the story...so while not called "Cinderella" the concept is the same! :laughing:

Although I love and have all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books I would have to pick "Little House In The Big Woods" as my favorite. Even when I was young the self reliance and family life was an enticing vision. The way she describes how they lived and survived made me yearn to do the same. I remember one store when I was growing up in the 60's where they had home made soap balls, real beef jerkey, and rabbit pelts. Needless to say that this was my all time favorite store and I just recently had to throw away one of the pelts. I want to make the maple syrup on snow and go places in a horse drawn wagon or sleigh. To live "off the grid" is my idea of heaven. Although I do live in the country, I still would like to have my little log cabin in the woods. Until then I will just settle for listening to the wind howl during the winter and snuggling under the quilt I made.

Edited by rbsb178

To live "off the grid" is my idea of heaven. Although I do live in the country, I still would like to have my little log cabin in the woods. Until then I will just settle for listening to the wind howl during the winter and snuggling under the quilt I made.

Lol! ;)

For several years as a child (mid eighties to early nineties) my parents lived 'off grid' in northern Washington State. No power, no phone, water was from a well, lighting was kerosene lamps or the gas light in the kitchen, heat was from two cast iron wood stoves and our fridge was a real ice box. I can relate to Laura Ingalls Wilder's childhood!

It was an adventure at the time, but now looking back I can definately say that I have a skill set that most of my peers will never achieve. Plus, out of necessity, it inspired a life-long love of reading and a dislike of pretty much everything on TV!

Over 16

If I could live inside a book, it would have to be a fantastical story full of mythical creatures and great adventures such as the Chronicles of Narnia. I would roam the plains of Middle Earth, discover the secrets of the true Narnia, and comb the corridors of Hogwarts. I would converse with centaurs, elves, and fauns. :D

There are seven books in the series

1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)

2 Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia (1951)

3 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)

4 The Silver Chair (1953)

5 The Horse and His Boy (1954)

6 The Magician's Nephew (1955)

7 The Last Battle (1956)

narnialogo.jpg

im sorry but i cant keep quiet any longer. i admit i am a bit of a geek for the tales of narnia. this is another childhood favourite of mine and i still have the box set of books i was given years ago.

that list is the order they were published in, BUT, the recommended order for reading them is....

1) The Magicians Nephew

2) The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

3) The Horse and His Boy

4) Prince Caspian

5) The voyage of the DawnTreader

6) The Silver Chair

7) The last Battle

that is the order they run in for the saga of narnia. and dont even get me started on the movies, calling them the chronicles of narnia when half the blimmin book tales are not even included in it. ;)

but anyway if you liked the movie please read the complete sage in bookform, your missing so much if you dont.

Edited by paganfrog

I would have to say Thomas The Tank Engine because even though I read other books to my grandson we always have to add a Thomas book. He likes the Island of Sodor and all the trains. He has a lot of the trains, tracks, scenery and it is always fun to listen to him recreate a story his way.

We all went to the Boothbay Railway for A Day Out With Thomas so we all got to visit the Island of Sodor. Three generations and we all had a wonderful time.

My kids loved the peter pan Book and the whinnie the pooh books we would read through a chapter or two a night when they were four & five. another thing we used to watch the peterpan play with Mary Martin as pan that came out in the early 60s they just loved the songs in the play.

We made homemade books with moving pieces for some of the biblical stories I know the kids really enjoyed the interactivity of making and reading them.

When I was a child I remember reading the sambo books and my mother would take me out to breakfest to sambos and a shortened version of the stories was on the menu.

.....in the over 16 group here

There is a series of books, I haven't read them all but they are a wonderfully facinating read if you happen to have a warped sense of humor (I guess I do), they are-

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

I have read the first 9 Books, they are-

The Bad Beginning

The Reptile Room

The Wide Window

The Miserable Mill

The Austere Academy

The Ersatz Elevator

The Vile Village

The Hostile Hospital

The Carnivorous Carnival

In a nut shell it is the story of the 3 Baudelaire children, Violet, Klaus and Sunny. Their parents tragically die leaving the children to be raised by a distant relative, Count Olaf. The books are actually aimed at the upper elementary level and are very entertaining. I would like to be Violet, the oldest Child. She is wise beyond her years, is incredibly level headed and witty and takes good care of her younger brother and sister. You know that no matter what life might throw at her she will not only survive, she will come back as a stronger, wiser person.

Very good books in my book! :rolleyes:

.....in the over 16 group here

There is a series of books, I haven't read them all but they are a wonderfully facinating read if you happen to have a warped sense of humor (I guess I do), they are-

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Very good books in my book! :rolleyes:

I *love* these books! One of my favorite things is how they manage to teach a pretty impressive vocabulary without ever talking down to the reader. The author will use a word that most kids may not know, then he will have one of the characters explain it's meaning to another character. Very sneaky way of slipping some education into an adventure book!

THE NEVERENDING STORY .....Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah.

I love that song and the movie!!!

All the characters are incredable and the story is sad and happy, like a story should be,

Also any of THE STORY TELLER stories.

I'm a fan of life size puppets.

and being over 40, any of Sid and Marty Kroft shows.

Opalsns

I asked LittleLizard age 8 and here is his answer:

1) Star Wars a Journey Though Space - who can argue with riding in a spaceship around the Galaxies!

2nd Choice) Magic Tree House 'Afternoon in the Amazon' by Mary Pope Osborne - this is a story about 2 children who find a magic tree house that transports you to locations inside books stored in the tree house.

Guess my son wants to travel!

Here is Heather's (age 6) reply...

Heather would like to live in Neverland with the fairies of Pixie Hollow. She said that she would be a fast-flying fairy with a beautiful flower dress, and she would help all of the other fairies. She said that is her choice because the fairies are "so beautiful".

Edited by DresselDragons

I think that my choice would be The Labyrinth. Of course, I would make sure that I would have my trusty GPS with me to help me navigate the maze. LOL! It would be interesting to see who would outsmart whom...to see if the goblin king's tricks that he pulls in the labyrinth would be enough to trick my Garmin technology. I love the creatures in this fantasy world, and I gotta admit that I would enjoy atempting to solve the maze's puzzles (mystery caches are my favorites). Maybe it would be more fun to be the goblin queen, and be the one making the puzzles and tricks thoughout the maze. Ooooo...that would be one heck of a multi-staged puzzle!

Me :D

I loved the Black Stallion (especially the movie-even now as an adult). I had always wanted to be on an island with my horse by ourselves where I could ride on the beach all day. I used to dream about it as a kid :D

The movie is responsible for me collecting miniature horse figurines. There was the scene where Alec's dad gives him the little metal horse named Bucephelus after Alexander the Great's horse and tells him the magical story. I always pick up little miniatures and hold them in my hands and I call them Bucephelus and I think of that scene and pretend there is just a bit of magic within them (yup even as the big kid I still do, lol). It's also responsible for me collecting Judy Larsen prints of horses and the Trail of Painted ponies :D

It's also responsible for my love of Arabian horses (yup the Black was an Arab) and so was T Sunrise Bey and when I rode him I would sometimes pretend he was the Black Stallion or call him Bucephelus but only when it was just him and me :D

Maybe I'll put in the movie tonight... thanks for the cointest.

I am replying for Cinnabear, my daughter who is 10. She is an avid reader so this is a real hard choice for her.

1) The Shadow Thieves (Anne Ursu)-about two heroic children who save the world from the Shadow Thieves. She would be Zee because he is a hero.

2) Sunwing (Kenneth Oppel) about the disappearance of bats and one smart bat who discovers why...Shade.

I gather she would be the smart bat.

3) The Time Travelers (LInda Buckley-Archer) about two children who go back in time to 1763 and get stranded there. She would be Kate because she is normal farmgirl who can time travel.

Edited by gardengorilla

This is a selection from our 8 year old daughter (Little Ce AKA Star*08-her NEW, OWN Geocaching name):

She would like to live in the book titled "Junie B. Jones, Has a Monster Under Her Bed" because in the book Junie B's friend (Grace) gives her advise on how to bash up the monster :P that is living under her bed and how to dump him in the trash compactor and make him into a "flat-so", all this is done while saving "Raggidy Larry" with a heroic dive off her bed. Junie B then run into her mother's room with "Larry" and her other animals (Raggidy Ruth, Phillipe Johnny Bob, and more) to safety!! :ph34r::unsure::lol:

Thank you to everyone who took the time to enter! We loved reading all your entries and now have several new books to add to our library list. I really enjoyed reading about why you liked the stories you picked, it is always interesting to see something from another point of view!

After much deliberation we have finally decided on the winners. (drumroll please....) :lol:

First place in the grown-up category is-

I think that if I had to live in a children's story, it'd probably be in the "Harry Potter" series.

Second place is-

Valarie of sweetlife: The story book that I would like to be included in would be the Wizard of Oz.

Holmbiorn (being the sci-fi geek that he is) choose the children's first place-

I asked LittleLizard age 8 and here is his answer:

1) Star Wars a Journey Though Space

And the Children's second place is-

Entry for PengoBeky 6 years old.

I asked PengoBeky which story she would like to live in and got 2 answers. Sleeping Beauty and the Little Mermaid.

Congrats to all the winners, first prize will be an AE Cachers Wheel and second prize will be your choice (1 coin) of either the gold, silver or copper SE so please PM me with your address (and color choice of coin for 2nd place winners) so I can get your prize sent out!

Wow, thank you so kindly for picking my entry. Every year we watch the Wizard of Oz and can so much relate like I could be in the film. Hehehehe. With the little munchkins.

I like to give my thanks for holding the cointest.

Would also like to give my gradtulations to jackagirl, backhiker and Pengo Becky as well.

it was alot of fun reading everyone elses posts as well. :lol:

Yippee! Thanks so much for the cointest!

<dancity dancity dance!>

(I can't believe I've won two. I'm going to sit out a while until I get my own coins in and can run some cointests of my own.)

Congratulations to everyone and thank you for your interesting posts -- like Sofi & Holmbiorn, my reading list has expanded!