Garmin 60CSX issues?

softball29

I have no clue what's going on here, so I figured I should see if the wonderful world here has heard of this or knows what might be going on.

I have a Garmin 60CSX. I love the thing. But all of a sudden, I'm having problems loading geocaches through the USB port.

I use EasyGPS (and have tried the GSAK, too) and all of a sudden when I go to load some caches, it just shows none found.

Now, I cleared the memory of caches before trying to load. I've used two computers (my desktop and laptop), three USB cords, changed the batteries, turned the GPS on and off and nothing is working. The caches just won't load. It shows they are loading, but they aren't on the GPS.

I am going away in the AM and want to go to bed soon, but I really would like to load these in so I am good to go over the next two days.

Anyone with any ideas?

Interesting.

I can see them when I go "by" name, but not by "nearest." Why is that? I never had those problems before when doing this -- even when something is 130-140 miles away. Even when I switch back on the "nearest" ones, it comes up with none found.

Is there a way to switch that so I can see it even though they are a long way away?

That's the way it has always been --- the "nearest caches" only shows the first 50 caches closest to your home out to a distance of about 50 miles.

You probably just didn't notice it before because you checked on them using the search by name for some reason.

Really, nothing is wrong with your unit.

If you want to see them, choose one of them and select "map" and it will show you where they are in relation to each other. Just be careful not to "move" any of them as you scroll around.

"Is there a way to switch that so I can see it even though they are a long way away?"

YES - simply go to the map page, pan the map (using the rocker switch) to where you want to start searching, and select "FIND". The search will then be centered on the center of your map. In other words, pan to a location on your map near to where you have a waypoint or point of interest, and then select FIND. "Nearest" should work. There is a limit to how far away the "nearest" function works; it may be something like 100 miles.