I'll show you one of my caches

Woodstramp

My wife showed me something cool on Google Maps that I wasn't aware of.

Here's one of my hides, GC1G3ET :

(Note: you can't really see the hide, just the area it is located as seen from the interstate.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...245212816342725

Anyway, if you've not used this new function on GM just use your cursor to move around, pan and truck down the road. Really neat if you haven't used this before.

Well, it's not really a new function. Google Street View has been around for a couple of years, but perhaps they just have recently photographed your area.

Vwaldoguy,

You're probably right....I never been one who's had his finger on the pulse of "what's new". Shoot, one time my wife bought a new recliner and I didn't notice it for three days. :lol:

The yellow guy was only there in a select few areas. A couple days ago he showed up in all areas. Also the street view was only available for a few select areas. It looks like they recently did a major roll out of the street view feature.

I know there was thread where in someone posted a street view link where you could see his cache. I wonder how many more caches are visible via street view now.

The yellow guy was only there in a select few areas. A couple days ago he showed up in all areas. Also the street view was only available for a few select areas. It looks like they recently did a major roll out of the street view feature.

I know there was thread where in someone posted a street view link where you could see his cache. I wonder how many more caches are visible via street view now.

About a year ago, someone posted a street view link where you could actually see the answer for a Las Vegas virtual. I'm told Google has goofy looking vans with dozens of camera's mounted on them to do the whole street view thing.

They've done my area...and its a little strange to be able to "drive" down my side street and see my house, my fence, gate, flowers in flower pots, deck... Unfortunately my dog wasn't in there. However, someone noticed a strange little thing that looked like a Star Wars stormtrooper in my shrubbery and that produced a lot of funny comments. :laughing: