Colorado 400t question

Shaderunner

Hello,

I am attempting to navigate to a geocache stored in my Garmin Colorado 400T using Automobile mode. I do not know what streets to use to get to this cache, but whenever I try to navigate to cache it does not let me go to it in automobile mode. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!

Are you using a routable map? If I recall correctly, the base map and topo map are not routable, so you can't get the GPS to show you turn-by-turn navigation. You'll need something like City Navigator® North America NT to be able to do that.

There are some utilities that are supposed to make standard maps routable, but I haven't tried them.

Thats right , you have to have a routable map. But when u do get a routable map it will only take u as close to the cache as a road will get u, u will have to then go to setup ,routing, guidance method, and change from on road to off road. That will let u get the crow flies route. What we do is set automotive mode for on road and set geocaching mode for off road, we use auto mode till we get there then just switch over to geocaching mode. Hope u like your Colorado we just love ours. :lol:

Whereas any other selected target gets you straight into route mode, "Geocache" as target gets into Geocache mode, from there you need to select "Options" then "go to Geocache" to get into routing mode.

You still need to have the mentioned routable maps installed.