Support the Geocaching Troops MISSION

The Finding Irish 4

Awhile back (see top of thread) I donated to Lone Sapper for an event. Last weekend I just donated for the Iraq event thru River Cacher who was collecting for it. Is this the same event I donated to again or is it a different one?? I was thinking they were different but now am thinking its the same one. I'm confused :laughing:

Awhile back (see top of thread) I donated to Lone Sapper for an event. Last weekend I just donated for the Iraq event thru River Cacher who was collecting for it. Is this the same event I donated to again or is it a different one?? I was thinking they were different but now am thinking its the same one. I'm confused :laughing:

Hello LoriDarlin,

Not sure about the other event, I have not been contacted by Lone Sapper or received a package from him.

This does not mean that he did not send directly, so please do not infer anything by y response.

I did receive River Cachers package and there was a donation from you in the package.

Thank you for the support.

LoriDarlin,

LoneSapper did collect donations for an Event in OCT, but only one of the boxes got here in time. The box with all the swag arrived but the one with all the coins took longer, about two more weeks. The late box didn't make it, so I held it for this Event. The mail getting over can be really unpredictable and screwy. Brandon (LoneSapper) tried his very best to get both boxes to us, but the USPS got 'em!

I hope that clears it up. Again, I want to let everyone know who has any questions; please email me at any time. All of the stuff that is being or has been donated is going given away out the Event. I made sure that during both Events (the one in APR 08 and OCT 08), that I didn't end up with any HOT coins or swag that someone might think that I purposefully held one or two back. I even traded 15 coins to Rashry for a 08 Lackey and turned right around and gave that 08 Lackey away!!! Call me nuts, but I'm a giver!!!

BTW LoriDarlin-send me your address please.

probably a dumb question, but are there geocaches in afghanistan? i figure if i can not get there, perhaps an activated coin could visit. i did send an activated coin - maybe i make its mission to travel to afghanistan, cache or not!

rsg

Hello RSG,

Yes there are Caches in Afghanistan.

I sent you an e-mail.

got it, thanks so much!

rsg

Hello All,

Just got through logging the Coins, Pins, Swag, Caches, and Personal items, WOW :antenna:

We started packing the items and I thought we need a picture.

So I had the kids lay out the non-activated items....

Here is a nice shot:

20af7bee-54de-4032-9431-cf62b2a724ea.jpg

Here we are showing 193 Coins, and 12 Travel Bugs.

Right after we repacked these the kids found anothe container of coins with 15 coins we did not include in the pictue....

This does not include the Activated items also sent....

I just want to say thank you to everyone to everyone who sent something you can be proud of your efforts.

I am honored to have be associated with this Mission and showing our support for:

MAGC and all of our Troops

To all of the Troops who will attend, let me again say:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Queenie-Boo-Bay, Fredhead, & The Finding Irish 4

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

Hello All,

Just got through logging the Coins, Pins, Swag, Caches, and Personal items, WOW :antenna:

We started packing the items and I thought we need a picture.

So I had the kids lay out the non-activated items....

Here is a nice shot:

20af7bee-54de-4032-9431-cf62b2a724ea.jpg

Here we are showing 193 Coins, and 12 Travel Bugs.

Right after we repacked these the kids found anothe container of coins with 15 coins we did not include in the pictue....

This does not include the Activated items also sent....

I just want to say thank you to everyone to everyone who sent something you can be proud of your efforts.

I am honored to have be associated with this Mission and showing our support for:

MAGC and all of our Troops

To all of the Troops who will attend, let me again say:

Queenie-Boo-Bay, Fredhead, & The Finding Irish 4

Nicely done folks! Thanks for all your efforts - may this event be Blessed and enjoyed by all who are able to attend.

IS ALL THAT FOR US!!!! HOLY COW!!!! Seriously, that is freakin' AWESOME!!!!! I will totally take some pictures pre, during and post Event!! I think I might have to use a wide angle lens though to get all of the SWAG and coins in there!

James

RLTW~Sua Asponte

Wow TFI4,

Great job, and thanx for getting us involved in something that alot of us didn't know about!

You Rock!!!!

Opalsns

Yes, thanks for joining - new folks always welcome! Thanks for your support to the National Forums.

I'm totally serious here,

I never knew there was an Assosiation of Military Cachers, and After I saw the Post for requests, I was floored... Of course there are cachers out there, there had to be, Cachers are hard core !!!! And to take the time and energy it takes to set up an event , ( just ask anyone who has) well would be almost impossible over there, But They managed to. How Cool. I am honored to send the little trinkets and have them so appreciated there.

I said it before and I'll say it again,...

I LOVE a man, (and woman) in Uniform!!!!!!!!!!

You Folks Rock my World!!!!!

Opalsns

Hello All,

Just a quick update, as of 11:15 a.m., here in STEELER COUNTRY, or as it is now known SIX-Burgh.

The USPS has recevied the packages, they should be on their way to CAMP VICTORY soon.

Any items that arrive today and for the next few days will be shipped upon receipt to ATC06, and our Troops.

GO STEELERS

view.jpg

Great Idea for a coin..... NUDGE NUDGE

DeadCardinal.jpg

As it is being said Just one more DA@N Bird to go.....

ATC06 kids want me to get you to clairify your tag:

RLTW~Sua Asponte

The 189th General Aviation Support Battalion from the Montana National Guard left yesterday for their 2nd Tour of Duty in Iraq. They're headed to Oklahoma for a couple weeks of training and then over the pond. I know you won't see any of them at the event but if those of you who are stationed over there now, see them at a later date, tell them hello :laughing: I know 2 of the pilots headed over in this group; Dave Bebich and Clint Smith. I don't think either are geocachers but I bet you could talk them into it, lol.

Stay safe all!

The pics are of the crowd that saw them off and the group flying in formation over the Scratch Gravels here in Helena.

70lo_090201_iraq-2.jpg

70lo_090201_iraq.jpg

Edited by tsunrisebey
The 189th General Aviation Support Battalion from the Montana National Guard left yesterday for their 2nd Tour of Duty in Iraq. They're headed to Oklahoma for a couple weeks of training and then over the pond. I know you won't see any of them at the event but if those of you who are stationed over there now, see them at a later date, tell them hello :laughing: I know 2 of the pilots headed over in this group; Dave Bebich and Clint Smith. I don't think either are geocachers but I bet you could talk them into it, lol.

Stay safe all!

The pics are of the crowd that saw them off and the group flying in formation over the Scratch Gravels here in Helena.

70lo_090201_iraq-2.jpg

70lo_090201_iraq.jpg

Steph...those are beautiful pictures....we took a few minutes of silence today to pray for all of the troops who are being sent off and for all of the men and woman that are serving. Thank You for sharing

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Tsun,

Got your box this morning!! DANG!!! I opened this very heavy box up and it looked like a gourmet of sweets and goodies and some AWESOME coins!!! Oh, the temptation...........

Thanks for the instructions, I will make sure to follow them!!!

Thanks again Steph!

James

RLTW~Sua Asponte

I got two more boxes last night!! These both came from The Fighting Irish 4. I gotta tell ya, these boxes were heavy!! I looks like a TON of great stuff!! Only eight more days until the Event. Thanks again to all those who donated and especially to The Fighting Irish 4 family for getting it all together and sending it over here.

James

RLTW~Sua Asponte

I got two more boxes last night!! These both came from The Fighting Irish 4. I gotta tell ya, these boxes were heavy!! I looks like a TON of great stuff!! Only eight more days until the Event. Thanks again to all those who donated and especially to The Fighting Irish 4 family for getting it all together and sending it over here.

James

RLTW~Sua Asponte

James,

I must say I can breath easier at this point a bit worried that they would get caught-up somewhere.

It was our pleaseure to to the Mission, and we had a great time working with all of the Cachers to get

the items to you.

E-mail will be on its way with the file...

To all of the Troops there with you, in Afghanistan, and stationed all over the world....

Hello All,

A few days back I came home and found a letter from the U.S. Army, needless to say many things went

through my mind however what I found was unexpected.

I was so incredibly honored to find this inside:

d7f36c02-bf2c-4458-8d88-70d960aaca91.jpg

Also included was a letter from the U.S. Army Freedom Team explaining the certificate, a lapel pin, which

I will wear with pride, and window clings.

I just wanted to post this to share this honor with all of you who donated to the mission, you all deserve to

share in this, without each and everyone of you the mission would have not been possible.

Here is to our next mission, hopefully we will be sending here within the United States of America.

Again Thank You to all of our Troops, we owe you a debt we will never be able to repay.

Please be safe, our prayers are with you.

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

Hello All,

A few days back I came home and found a letter from the U.S. Army, needless to say many things went

through my mind however what I found was unexpected.

I was so incredibly honored to find this inside:

d7f36c02-bf2c-4458-8d88-70d960aaca91.jpg

Also included was a letter from the U.S. Army Freedom Team explaining the certificate, a lapel pin, which

I will wear with pride, and window clings.

I just wanted to post this to share this honor with all of you who donated to the mission, you all deserve to

share in this, without each and everyone of you the mission would have not been possible.

Here is to our next mission, hopefully we will be sending here within the United States of America.

Again Thank You to all of our Troops, we owe you a debt we will never be able to repay.

Please be safe, our prayers are with you.

Wow - an awesome honor! Be proud my friend, be proud......and you are right - it is but through the service of our troops, our Heros, we are proud to say - We are All Americans just doing what we can do!

We are T-5 days and counting (GMT+3 time). Thanks to the hard work, tireless effort and all the great donations everyone sent, this Event promises to be a great time!! FOG, a local cacher here, did a fantastic job designing and making a poster that will double as the log. It mirrors the signs that our convoys have attached to the back of all vehicles, only there’s are a little bit more menacing and are fairly explicit in telling those what will happen if you get within 100 meters. He did a great job and this turned out really well. Thanks Mike!!

I tried to add the picture, but I couldn't get it to take. You can see it on the Event page in the Gallery.

ps. He is also responsible for placing and maintaining a lot of our caches here and I think he will be the first to own a Wherigo Cache in Iraq!

LoriDarlin,

LoneSapper did collect donations for an Event in OCT, but only one of the boxes got here in time. The box with all the swag arrived but the one with all the coins took longer, about two more weeks. The late box didn't make it, so I held it for this Event. The mail getting over can be really unpredictable and screwy. Brandon (LoneSapper) tried his very best to get both boxes to us, but the USPS got 'em!

I hope that clears it up. Again, I want to let everyone know who has any questions; please email me at any time. All of the stuff that is being or has been donated is going given away out the Event. I made sure that during both Events (the one in APR 08 and OCT 08), that I didn't end up with any HOT coins or swag that someone might think that I purposefully held one or two back. I even traded 15 coins to Rashry for a 08 Lackey and turned right around and gave that 08 Lackey away!!! Call me nuts, but I'm a giver!!!

BTW LoriDarlin-send me your address please.

Thanks for clearing that up for me ATC06 :) I understand USPS delays lol and it doesn't matter that they are used on different military events. I was just confused but am not anymore!! Ya'll have a great time at that event now! :D You guys & gals ROCK!!!!!!

MAN!!!! We just finished up with the Event about an hour ago and it was a great time!! I actually felt relaxed and I can't remember when the last time that happened!! I will post my 'Attended" log later tonight when I get done at work. I can upload all my pictures from there.

Thanks again to all the great people out there for the terrific donations. We had donations from Canada, Korea, Japan, the US and Germany. A true coalition of geocachers. What an awesome thing ya'll did, pulling together and sending all the Geocoins, Path Tags, Pins, SWAG and containers over here.

There were about four different cameras snapping away so be on the lookout for some pictures soon!

James

RLTW~Sua Asponte

Here are a few pics I lifted from the event site:

c935b6cd-3571-478c-9fa9-9eac503d53f1.jpg

3b4e1f62-b074-4e41-930d-d63cb3057595.jpg

How cool a Geocac, Benchmark, I am torn I would like to visit this one and shake evryones hand who is there keeping us Free & Safe, but I am a bit leary as well.

f4d06b7d-a3eb-4251-9cac-d68aaf440f98.jpg

Great to see a piece of home there for everyone to enjoy.

THANK YOU for allowing all of us to to show our THANKS to you for what you are doing for us.

For those who ended up with activated (I sent activated and unactivated coins.) Chiro-cache, or my Jukebox Top 50 coins (Kathy's Song/I Miss You,) I would like to offer to rename the coins to a memorial coin, in honor of a fallen comrad/friend, or a family member...just grab the coin, and e-mail me to let me know who you would like to have honored, as the coins get discovered or moved...thanks for your work and sacrifice!

drneal

ILYK

edited to ask for the event site address

Edited by drneal

With permission of SFC Brandon Windes, who ended up with this coin, the name of the coin has been changed to:

"In Honor Of Staff SGT. Eric Caban", KIA 18 July 2006 in southern Afghanistan when his combat reconnaissance patrol was attacked by the enemy and he was hit by small arms fire. Age 28 a native from Manhattan, N.Y. He is survived by his father Efren and mother Iris, and his brothers Efren Caban Jr. and Edwin Caban. Thankyou Staff SGT Caban and SFC Windes for your sacrifices!

drneal

ILYK
Edited by drneal

Today I was surprised and honored to receive the following:

IMG-4.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-3.jpg

For once, I'm simply lost for words. SFC Finney, my thanks, I know my wife is also pleased.

ILYK

I received a similar mailing, except it had my name on it ;). At first, I was confused when I came home to the large envelope on my doorstep. Hubby is an Army vet, so I thought it was something for him...and then I saw it was address to me. It took a couple minutes before the light bulb went off, and figured it out...LOL! I will proudly wear my Army pin on my hat with my geocaching pins. I am honored.

Such a wonderful awesome package to receive in today's mail as thanks! Golly... I was thrilled when The Finding Irish 4 received theirs for all their work. And then for others to receive a GREAT certificate and pin. Just awesome, really really wonderful to be thanked for our support when the THANKS go so much the other way -- to you folks that serve our country!