Support the Geocaching Troops MISSION

The Finding Irish 4

I'd be glad to send you a Geocoin & a Bison tube For the Forward Fighting & deployed MAGC members. just let me know where to shipp them, & I salute you for what you are doing.

HOOAH,

Dad asked that I tell you e-mail has been sent.

Thank you for your service.

Thank You Queenie-Boo-Bay for the Email I've packed up the Geocoin & a cuple of my personal coins "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS HOOAH!!" & "Hiking The U.S. HOOAH!!" coins a Bison Tube Cache, some pens,& a card for the Troops. I'll ship out tomorrow to the address you sent.

River Cacher,

What a great Idea. It's nice of you to put those together for all of us who helped The Finding Four complete their mission. It was so nice for TFF to let us in on their mission so we can show our support as a group !!!!!! I know TFF is working hard to put this together and I'm sure it was as exciting to see the donations the cachers sent to them to package, and I'm sure the caching soldiers will love opening TFFs BOX O GOODIES. Thank You River Cacher and The Finding Four for all you've done !!!

YOU ROCK !!!!!!! :D

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

WOW!! Those are really awesome cards! It STILL amazes me the number of folks who are coming up online to offer their support and those who are generously sending donations. It's really good to know that we still have support out there!

I did get an odd email. PLEASE, PLEASE don't send any cash or any other type of monies as or with your donation. If that is something you are interested in, please understand it is totally unsolicitated. If you are interested in some worth while places that take donations, drop me an email or PM. I know when someone tells someone else who tells someone about gathering donations for Events, things might get a little miscommunicated. I just don't want anyone to run into any trouble.

Again, I really love all the kind emails and offers. Please understand that we are totally happy with anything you want to send, even if it is your prayers of safe return. Thanks to all who are involved!!

James

RLTW~Sua Asponte

WOW!! Those are really awesome cards! It STILL amazes me the number of folks who are coming up online to offer their support and those who are generously sending donations. It's really good to know that we still have support out there!

I did get an odd email. PLEASE, PLEASE don't send any cash or any other type of monies as or with your donation. If that is something you are interested in, please understand it is totally unsolicitated. If you are interested in some worth while places that take donations, drop me an email or PM. I know when someone tells someone else who tells someone about gathering donations for Events, things might get a little miscommunicated. I just don't want anyone to run into any trouble.

Again, I really love all the kind emails and offers. Please understand that we are totally happy with anything you want to send, even if it is your prayers of safe return. Thanks to all who are involved!!

James

RLTW~Sua Asponte

I believe this email has to do with my cards you like.

I had a few people say they did not have anything to donate and i offered to do a card up with a coin on it and i would charge them six dollars to cover part of the cost for the coin, card, postage and if they paid me via pay pal.

I was not making anything form this and was donating my time and efforts to help as much as possible.

I was not asking for monetary donations to give to the event but i was willing to sell them, a coin to send if they did not have anything.

I will paste my post of the Idahogeocachers forum.

COPY BELOW

Yes of course i will be sending some UR#1 Geocoins from me and my kids.

It would be nice to have a bunch of the UR#1 Geocoins go over there so the soldiers could send some to there loved ones that are #1 in there life.

I would be willing to sell these UR#1 Geocoins at $6.00 each and make a card to go with them for anyone that would like me to send one over there.

Please note the price of the Coins, Shipping, Cards and Pay Pal fees will not cover the whole cost so these will be availible at this cost for this event donation only.

You can send me a email if you are interested.

I am so sorry if i offended anyone from trying to help support our fellow military geocachers.

There is only so much i can donate and do.

I had asked if anyone wanted to donate 6.00 to help cover part of the cost for the coin, shipping, card and etc.

I have recieved some really negative responses on this and if i offended anyone i am sorry for trying to help.

I am still working hard to get as much as we can from Idaho.

I got two more coins from grampapa in Northern Idaho.

Edited by River Cacher

Now, My turn.

I evidently offended Hollora for some reason with my post re: the Thank You for the cards. I thought it was a nice thing to do , That's All!!!She sent me an email that bothered me alot.

I referred "A Group" because TTF mentioned in her post that it may help bring more interest in the mission if we sent to them and they took on the cost of the shipping to Iraq. At least that's how I understood it.

If I offended anyone by my post I'm Sorry. I just reread my post and I still can't figure out what I said wrong. I thought it was wrote OK.

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

Now, My turn.

I evidently offended Hollora for some reason with my post re: the Thank You for the cards. I thought it was a nice thing to do , That's All!!!She sent me an email that bothered me alot.

I referred "A Group" because TTF mentioned in her post that it may help bring more interest in the mission if we sent to them and they took on the cost of the shipping to Iraq. At least that's how I understood it.

If I offended anyone by my post I'm Sorry. I just reread my post and I still can't figure out what I said wrong. I thought it was wrote OK.

Opalsns

The email I sent was not intended to upset you Opalsns, rather to ask a question.......I am sorry and have tried to apologize. It is wonderful what you and all the others are doing to support the troops. For the record, I, too, did not intend to bother or offend you and I am Sorry.

Just wanted to let those out there know that I received a great box from dlkempf. What a great little hand written note in there for us. I will make sure to spread around all the goodies and those coins are really awesome!

On a side note about some of the posts above (I haven't quite figured out how to quote someone's posts). I think everything boils down to the fact that it is very hard to truly "read" a person’s feeling and emotions in an email. But I think that we can all agree that EVERYONE here that is sending their prayers, well wishes and donations represents the not-so-often-seen good side of people. If I could line each one of you guys up, I how be honored to shake your hands. Some of you might even get a bear hug!!!

James

RLTW~Sua Sponte

If I could line each one of you guys up, I how be honored to shake your hands. Some of you might even get a bear hug!!!

James

RLTW~Sua Sponte

James,

That goes double from everyone here as well. Every Man and Woman there desires our respect and admiration.

Again Thank You for your Service.

P.S.

Just click the Quote button under the desired post, then hit add reply and its done.

If you want two quotes just click Quote under both of the quotes......

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

Below is a copy of my updates from the Idahogeocachers.org forum.

I will try and keep the list updated as much as possible and if you see something i missed please let me know.

1. Jenzard & idahoflyer 2 IGO Hats

2. N2Life, 1 N2ife Geocoin.

3. grampapa & nana, 2 End of summer Event Geocoins.

4. Toni Idaho, 1 Unactivated geocoin 1 active of Toni's and 1 active geocoin from another cacher.

5. Parko, 2 Nano Caches, 1 Bison Tube Cache 1 activated Geocoin.

6. Maine Family, 10 UR#1 Geocoins.

7. Comsja, 2 UR#1 Geocoins

8. haggle1, 1 UR#1 Geocoin

9. River Tinkerbell, 2 UR#1 Geocoins.

10.River Princess, 2 UR#1 Geocoins.

11. River Cacher ? ? I will make sure we hit atleast 20 and maybe 30 UR#1 Geocoins to show the troops they are #1. The Maine Family had a great idea to try and make sure all that attend the event will recieve a UR#1 Geocoin.

12. Ma & Pa Spud

13. Idaho Geocachers, 1 Cache full of prayers.

14. LeslieDodson, 1 UR#1 Geocoin, Geocache

Thanks for all of the donations so far and remember there is a ORIDA Event on the 24th off Interstate 84 between Caldwell and The Oregon border and this will be one of the last chaces to give donations as they will ship on the 26th.

Thank You Queenie-Boo-Bay for the Email I've packed up the Geocoin & a cuple of my personal coins "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS HOOAH!!" & "Hiking The U.S. HOOAH!!" coins a Bison Tube Cache, some pens,& a card for the Troops. I'll ship out tomorrow to the address you sent.

Box went off in today's mail.

TMOCM

Well all I just wanted to drop a note and let you know that three packaes arrived today.

What a day, the coins and swag are fantastic, what great support for the troops.

Thank you again for the support.

I will try and keep the list updated as much as possible and if you see something i missed please let me know.

4. Toni Idaho, 1 Unactivated geocoin 1 active of Toni's and 1 active geocoin from another cacher.

11. River Cacher ? ? I will make sure we hit atleast 20 and maybe 30 UR#1 Geocoins to show the troops they are #1. The Maine Family had a great idea to try and make sure all that attend the event will recieve a UR#1 Geocoin.

12. Ma & Pa Spud

15. Toojin, 5 UR#1 Geocoins.

Thanks for all of the donations so far and remember there is a ORIDA Event on the 24th off Interstate 84 between Caldwell and The Oregon border and this will be one of the last chaces to give donations as they will ship on the 26th.

WOW 23 UR#1 Geocoins so far.

OUTSTANDING

I sent a package off to ATC06 a couple of days ago* with about 7 and a half pounds of stuff. I hope you guys really enjoy it (especially the beef jerky). : ) Take lots and lots of pictures, please!

And THANK YOU to The Finding Irish 4 for getting this going and organizing it. Thanks for a great idea, and for doing a GREAT JOB! : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

Thanks everyone so far as this is a great way to show our support.

11. River Cacher ? ? I will make sure we hit atleast 20 and maybe 30 UR#1 Geocoins to show the troops they are #1. The Maine Family had a great idea to try and make sure all that attend the event will recieve a UR#1 Geocoin. I have shirts I would Rather send.

12. Ma & Pa Spud

16. McCall_Ma and Pa, 1 UR#1 Geocoin

17. idtimberwolf, Geocoins

18. Broken W, Tons of items, Geocoins and all types of swag.

Thanks for all of the donations so far and remember there is a ORIDA Event on the 24th off Interstate 84 between Caldwell, Idaho and The Oregon border as this will be one of the last chances to give donations as they will ship on the 26th.

WOW Great Job Everyone.

11. River Cacher ? ? I will make sure we hit atleast 20 and maybe 30 UR#1 Geocoins to show the troops they are #1. The Maine Family had a great idea to try and make sure all that attend the event will recieve a UR#1 Geocoin. I have shirts I would Rather send.

12. Ma & Pa Spud

19. Firehawk, 50 custom MAGC Approved Buttons.

20. Lori Darlin, Several Items

WOW OUTSTANDING.

Congrats to all.

12. Ma & Pa Spud

WOW OUTSTANDING.

Congrats to all.

River Cacher,

I have been logging all donations this weekend and so far I am overwhelmed by all the outpouring from

everyone.

It looks as if we will have quite an addition from ORIDA, that is great, thank you.

I have not seen a Finding Irish 4, Fredhead or Queenie-Boo-Bay, tag.

We would be honored if you could see your way to producing one for us, we look forward to seeing it

posted here in the thread.

Again thank you, my friend.

P.S. Dropping you an e-mail

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

The support has been outstanding from the Idahogeocachers.

The Donation Request have came in Via Idahogeocachers.org Forum.

As for the ORIDA Geocacher part it is just a small group that host events out in the small rual towns.

I have not recieved much via ORIDA as Idahogeocachers has a Forum and a lot of active Geocachers.

We hope and are working on getting more People Involved in Geocaching around the Eastern Oregon (OR)and Western Idaho (IDA) Area as there is endless beauty to explore and share with fellow Geocachers.

I was hoping to contact the Geocachers that attend the ORIDA events but the first person i contacted with a email regarding this got very upset and misunderstood and over reacted on this.

The day of the ORIDA event and the Event Page will be the only way i am able to contact Fellow Geocachers in the Rural Areas due to me not using Email and stirring up issues.

We do have a lot of active members involved with Geocaching and if they deploy i will be making sure we host a few events to help collect and show our support with donations being able to be dropped off and etc.

The support from Idaho and other areas has been great for this event and i am so Pleased to be involved with such wonderful supportive group of Geocachers.

I will be making some cards for you as well :)

Thanks Again to All For The Amazing Support.

Edited by River Cacher

Updating the list some.

I got Broken W's donations of 8 Geocoins 11 pins and a bunch more. THANKS

12. Ma & Pa Spud

21. Eastern Oregon Traveler, 2 UR#1 Geocoins

Amazing support, Thanks

Here is what i dropped in the mail.

Other items have or may be sent form others in our area as well.

OVER 60 GEOCOINS AND TRAVEL BUGS ON THE WAY :)

1. Lori Darlin, 1 small cache with (1 micro geocoin, 1 coin, 3 pencil, log book, Swag.) 3 large buttons, 8 geocoins. 2 small log only caches.

2. Leslie Dodson 9, 1 Geocache, Log book, Geocoin, Path Tag, Camera, 2 pins, small bison, compass kit ,1 UR#1 Geocoin.

3. Fire Hawk, 50 one inch Military Association of Geocachers pins, 6 Large pins & 4 small.

4. BRoKeN W, 8 Geocoins, Lanyard, 11 geopins, 12 rubber tag holder, wooden nicke, Geocaching Patch, Small snap lock cache with log.

5. Tater 42, 1 geocoin, 4 Geocaching stickers.

6. Granny 62, UR#1 Geocoin

7. Tim Treinen, Small Geocache with log

8. Parko, 2 Nano Caches, 1 Bison Tube Cache 1 activated Geocoin.

9. N2Life, 2 N2life Geocoin, 1 Travel Bug.

10. DLNJB, UR#1 Geocoin, Bottle cooler & swag.

11. MaSpud, Idaho micro coin, Travel Bug.

12. Toni IdAho, Unactivated Geocoin, 2 activated.

13. Prayers from Idaho, Oregon and Geocachers world wide.

14. Maine Family, 10 UR#1 Geocoins

15. Toojin, 5 UR#1 Geocoins

16. easternoregontraveler, 2 UR#1 Geocoins.

17. mccall_ma&pa, 1 UR#1 Geocoin.

18. Haggle 1, UR#1 Geocoin.

19. Comjsa, 2 UR#1 Geocoins

20. River Cacher and kids Below 1 UR#1 LE,2008 Idaho coin, Black Canyon event coin, 3 other coins, 2 small caches. a few buttons, pins and swag.

21. River Princess, 2 UR#1 Geocoin

22. River TinekerBell, 2 UR#1 Geocoin

23. River Bells, 1 UR#1 Geocoin.

This is just a list that i had picked up and mailed.

There is more that have sent items via mail.

Thanks to all for supporting our troops.

I will be willing to help host a 2010 support drive as well.

Edited by River Cacher

OMG!!! I can't not believe all the stuff everyone has collected!! Again, a great big thanks!!! I got another box yesterday from TEAM_DDNight. This year he is on the donating side. He was a huge organizer over here for the last HUGE one we had in Apr 08. Thanks DAN!! Once these boxes come in, I will do my best to post the next day about what I got and who it came from. Seriously, I love all ya'll!!!!

RLTW~ Sua Asponte