Caching and Camping in the Hamilton Area

brenda&&rew

Hi All,

My family (husband and two teenage daughters) and I love to camp and of course while doing so we go geocaching! We are interested in camping and caching in the Hamilton area in May or June 09 so that we could also go hiking on the Niagara Escarpment and enjoy the many waterfalls that are found in that area.

BUT we need some help in knowing where the best place to camp would be but be close to the trails and waterfalls and caches and were hoping to get some assistance from you! We are willing to drive to the hiking trails and cache locations. They do not all have to be in the same place :D

Any suggestions on where we could camp with a tent trailer? Hydro hookup is preferable and dogs and teenagers need to be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Valen's Conservation Area. About 30K out of town. Has hook ups. Nice park.

Hi All,

My family (husband and two teenage daughters) and I love to camp and of course while doing so we go geocaching! We are interested in camping and caching in the Hamilton area in May or June 09 so that we could also go hiking on the Niagara Escarpment and enjoy the many waterfalls that are found in that area.

BUT we need some help in knowing where the best place to camp would be but be close to the trails and waterfalls and caches and were hoping to get some assistance from you! We are willing to drive to the hiking trails and cache locations. They do not all have to be in the same place :laughing:

Any suggestions on where we could camp with a tent trailer? Hydro hookup is preferable and dogs and teenagers need to be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

hiking on the Niagara Escarpment and enjoy the many waterfalls that are found in that area.

Brendah ... I don't if this is the 'best' place to camp but it is local and has a very good reputation for being well maintained.

Here's the link to milton heights campgroundIt's located close to 401 , Guelph Line. The drive south to Hamilton City is 45 minutes tops. You'd probably find you had just over 1/2 hours drive any direction to take you to the many beautiful conservation areas.

If you want your campground just a little closer to Hamilton area try Emerald Lake . We have been there for day swimming and picnics ... if it's hot and sunny in June ...there'll been teens for your teens. My daughter has also camped at African Lion Safari ... no kidding ... monkeys galore on the other side of a little lake.

Milton is located in the middle of Halton Region. It is a destination point for many people who want to explore the Niagara Escaprment, Hilton Falls, Bruce Trails, Montsberg, Crawford Lake, Rattlesnack Point, Kelso, Mount Nemo ... this is a spectacularly beautiful area to live in or visit.

A geocache search from the Milton Height Camp grounds yeilds 4480 caches ...that's a whole lotta choices.

Happy trails ;)

Edited by ImaMystic

Brendah ... I don't if this is the 'best' place to camp but it is local and has a very good reputation for being well maintained.

Here's the link to milton heights campgroundIt's located close to 401 , Guelph Line. The drive south to Hamilton City is 45 minutes tops. You'd probably find you had just over 1/2 hours drive any direction to take you to the many beautiful conservation areas.

If you want your campground just a little closer to Hamilton area try Emerald Lake . We have been there for day swimming and picnics ... if it's hot and sunny in June ...there'll been teens for your teens. My daughter has also camped at African Lion Safari ... no kidding ... monkeys galore on the other side of a little lake.

Milton is located in the middle of Halton Region. It is a destination point for many people who want to explore the Niagara Escaprment, Hilton Falls, Bruce Trails, Montsberg, Crawford Lake, Rattlesnack Point, Kelso, Mount Nemo ... this is a spectacularly beautiful area to live in or visit.

A geocache search from the Milton Height Camp grounds yeilds 4480 caches ...that's a whole lotta choices.

Happy trails ;)

Thanks a bunch ImaMystic.. that is wonderful information!

eee.....milton heights campground is practically on top of the 401. So, if you like listening to the sounds of highway tractors and general traffic noise all night long, that's the place to stay. A bonus when we had a family reunion there was the resurfacing of the highway at night....that went over real big with the folks who were camping overnight there. :D

Check out the conservation areas....Valens has already been suggested.

http://www.conservationontario.ca/

http://www.conservationhamilton.ca/parks/visit/valens.asp

Pup Patrol