New caching....Mississippi.

Samuraibill

Hi guys and gals,

I am new to this whole thing and I will be getting my first gps (PN-20) on Tuesday. I originally ordered my GPS for hunting and hiking, but while doing a little research, I came across geocaching. It sounds like a ton of fun because I have always like being outdoors, and to have another reason to get out and about, made my day. I would like to meet others that are into caching in my area. I am currently in Starkville for college, but I don't know anyone that does this. There are apparently many caches in the Starkvegas area though. There is also a group of cachers called the "Starkville Mafia," and I would like to meet up with these people to learn what i can and make new friends. Since I am home for the break, in Brandon, I will be going on my first caching adventure soon in this area. I am more interested in the caches that are off the beaten path as I love to hike. I may even place one or two in few places i have find interesting; I love waterfall hunting, so there may one close to the falls that I find.

One question though, do people hind caches under water? The best part about going to waterfalls and swimming holes the dip you get once you get to them. Its to cold now, but when it warms up that sounds like an option for me :blink:

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I wish everyone the best of luck in their hunts.

Will

your gonna love this game....it is very addicting...I don't know about your area but yeah there is some who have underwater caches..I have seen one that was submerssed in a lake...I have also seen one in the cache containers forum that was a remote controlled submerssible tube...Once you found the remote control it would raise the tube that was underwater...You are in for a treat as far as what all people will use for a cache hide and where they will hide them...

Hi guys and gals,

I am new to this whole thing and I will be getting my first gps (PN-20) on Tuesday. I originally ordered my GPS for hunting and hiking, but while doing a little research, I came across geocaching. It sounds like a ton of fun because I have always like being outdoors, and to have another reason to get out and about, made my day. I would like to meet others that are into caching in my area. I am currently in Starkville for college, but I don't know anyone that does this. There are apparently many caches in the Starkvegas area though. There is also a group of cachers called the "Starkville Mafia," and I would like to meet up with these people to learn what i can and make new friends. Since I am home for the break, in Brandon, I will be going on my first caching adventure soon in this area. I am more interested in the caches that are off the beaten path as I love to hike. I may even place one or two in few places i have find interesting; I love waterfall hunting, so there may one close to the falls that I find.

One question though, do people hind caches under water? The best part about going to waterfalls and swimming holes the dip you get once you get to them. Its to cold now, but when it warms up that sounds like an option for me :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I wish everyone the best of luck in their hunts.

Will

I'm in your area, and am finally purchasing a gps soon to start caching. Looks like it could be fun, and i have a few friends that are into it, though none are in this area.

I'm in your area, and am finally purchasing a gps soon to start caching. Looks like it could be fun, and i have a few friends that are into it, though none are in this area.

i just got mine as well. The delorme that i purchased is very complicated, but it offers a ton of features that others in the price range. I have been playing with for about a day and i still need more to get the hang of it. I am going to go caching tomorrow though haha. we will see how it works for me. :rolleyes:

i just got mine as well. The delorme that i purchased is very complicated, but it offers a ton of features that others in the price range. I have been playing with for about a day and i still need more to get the hang of it. I am going to go caching tomorrow though haha. we will see how it works for me. :)

hit me up if you want to cache sometime, seeing as we're both starting out

When you get back to Starkville, swing by Plant Pathology sometime during the day and feel free to stop in and say hi. You'll know where to go :D .

One question though, do people hind caches under water? The best part about going to waterfalls and swimming holes the dip you get once you get to them. Its to cold now, but when it warms up that sounds like an option for me ph34r.gif

There aren't many around here, but I know it's been done. Do you know of any swimming holes in this part of the state?

I'm not sure how far out you're planning on caching, but if you're ever in Cleveland, feel free to hit me up. I've been looking for a caching partner for a while but I can't ever find someone.

Hi again Darth,

I offered several times, and will again be in your area the whole first week of February, drop me a line and we will do some caches.