COINTEST: Win a geocoin!

wavector

Check this out.

An Albertosaurus Geocoin (The Purple Dinosaur) just sold on the eB place for $20.38USD and you have to pay for shipping to bring the grand total to $23.38USD.

That is one nice geocoin. :rolleyes:

On a separate note I just purchased two of the first GAS Geocoins for $26.50Euros with shippng!!!

I should have saved a couple of those.

The original GAS Geocoin was one of the first geocoins sold in the Geocoin Store and it was designed by Rusty at personalgeocoins, it is called the Orange Dinosaur and it is reprised on the Albertosaurus geocoin as an iconic representation.

So if you won an Albertosaurus then you are doing OK.

AlbertosaurusGeocoin.jpg

Mailing Update

Prizes Mailed;

L9T 4C8

K7N 1M5

RG10 9PT

If you haven't posted a picture of your geocaching bag in the My Geocaching Bag thread and added a lsit of contents then you wil not be able to win the 2007 Silver Earth Turtle geocoin. It isn't how you win the Earth Turtle but by not posting a picture of your bag in that thread you will ensure that you don't win the Earth Turtle.

I have added a Contest Update thread in the Geocaching Topics forum so you can get an update on all open contests in that one thread, there are hints included as well.

I will continue to add Mailing Updates in this thread and I will add new geocoins in this thread and then bump them out to other threads. If you see a geocoin appear in the My Geocaching Bag thread and you haven't posted a picture of your goecaching bag in that thead you will not be able to win that geocoin, so post a picture of your geocaching bag in that thread to ensure you have a chance to win a nice geocoin, all geocoins are trackable and all have a custom icon.

Mailing Update

Prizes Mailed;

L9T 4C8

K7N 1M5

RG10 9PT

Mailed Today

SK15 3LT

An update on mailed prizes is below;

Mailed

L9T 4C8

K7N 1M5

RG10 9PT

SK15 3LT

Mailed last Wednesday

S023 8AT

If you have not received a geocoin and your postal code information is on the list above then please let me know. It appears I have had one package go astray already! It should only take a couple of weeks to go anywhere in the world but delays have appeared before. I don't think they should be totally lost and they are packed well and have a correct return address but the post office can be very inventive when it comes to ways of losing things!

Edited by wavector

Woooo Hoooo,

Your back,

Glad to read you, my friend..

I just recieved my alertasouras coin today in the Mail.

It made my day!!!!!

Opalsns

That is great, I am glad you like it!

I was out of town for awhile and when I am one the road it is corporate laptop time.

When you activate your purple dinosaur you will get an icon of a medicine hat!!

I am adding a new geocoin today but I can tell you that this one is already gone. This is the nice prize won by surteb for being the FTF in "what contest?".

That is a 2008 Saskatchewan donated by bobbarley, thanks so much bobbarley and you will see it soon I am sure, as you know Mitch was there already and he is playing along as well. In addition to the 2008 Saskatchewan geocoin I have added the geocoin you see paired with it in the photo, a sold out 2007 Saskatchewan geocoin to make it a very special FTF prize.

The "what contest?" is stil open if you want to give it a try, you might win a nice prize, but not this nice.

The "what contest?" will close shortly.

Congratulations surteb!

20072008Saskatchewan.jpg

Thanks to everyone who entered the contests.

I want to say first that no one was actually left hanging in any of my unclosed contests, all the prizes that were rewarded were sent out, I gave away about 25 geocoins before things got screwed up here at my house.

There are still another more prizes to give away.

A little explanation might be in order.

We have just completed a renovation which gave us a new bathroom in the basement.

It disrupted life in our house and left me wondering what happened to my geocoins.

I mananged to find most of them easily but could not find the most important coin that had been mailed to me during the contest, I stuck it away and couldn't find it again, I actually couldn't find anything again and felt lucky to find the LnL that had most of my geocoins. I finally found everything.

I want to apologize to everyone for leaving the contests open for so long. I figured I would find the geocoin eventually and couldn't really close the contests until I found the prizes.

The entries dropped off but everyone who had won a prize at that point had received it so other than a bit of nail biting for the people who had entered there was no problem that wouldn't eventually get worked out, and it has. I have learned my lesson and will keep the next contest short and simple.

I have the other contests threads to finish up as well as there will be prizes in those threads as well. I should have everything done by tonight. (Famous last words!!!)

So that is where we stand right now.

Still on the table to give away

A 2006 Utah

A Alan and Elli Jeep

A February 2007 GCC Club.

Albertosaurus geocoins (a few)

2 tsun Earth Turtles being awarded in the "Nice spot here for a bit of butty munching." That is right, two, on old one and one from last year.

I may add a few more here, depends.

Thanks for the patience and sorry for the wait, free stuff is worth waitting for I hope.