COINTEST: Win a geocoin!

wavector

If you are interested in geocoins and you have a geocaching bag then you can win a new uanctivated Albertosaurus geocoin here. The Albertosaurus geocoin contest has no restrictions on entries, you just need to post a picture of your geocaching bag and list the contents, the draw will be held on January 1st, 2009.

Another opportunity exists here and this is open to new geocaching.com accounts created between October 1st, 2008 and December 26th, 2008.

Have fun!!!

A neat cointest and thank you. Here is my Geobag - GEDC0022.jpg It was sold by a local outfitting company. On the front you see a small number of my "special" pins. Some came from Missions :blink: ~ those are very special.

What is in my bag (no particular order): spare mini-pencils and mini-pens, spare micro and nano logs, geostickers for logs, Geotype business cards with my contact info, a plastic card to measure on maps, tweezers (to extract nano logs), small scissors in a mini leatherman tool, my inhaler, spare set of batteries, Geo-U brochures about geocaching, a small notebook for notes, swag (this is an ever changing assortment), a compass, tissues, individually packed insect wipes, hand cleaner, tylenol, lip balm and usually some sort of snack. I carry water separately.

Again - thanks for the cointest and Happy New Year!

Pictures need to be posted in the My Geocaching Bag thread to be eligible for the contest. Thanks very much for posting pictures of your geocaching bags and the items in them. I used to carry some pins on my geocaching bag but the ones that mattered to me all got moved to my geocaching vest.

If you don't have a goecaching bag then post a picture of the geocaching stuff that you have lying around in your car or your truck, vehicle pictures are not acceptable contest entries! (But I appreciate the thought.) I may expand this contest with further geocoins at any time, so get your entries posted.

Let the new geocachers see the stuff that goes geocaching with you, however you get there and however you carry it.

If you know a new geocacher anywhere in the world then you might want to point them to the "Getting Started" forum where they can solve the Christmas Puzzle Cache to win one of those nineteen trackables.

Merry Christmas Everyone

Edited by wavector

I am beginning to suspect that people who love geocoins may not have geocaching bags!!! :santa:

If you want to win a brand new unactivated Albertosaurus geocoin then the only thing you need to do is to take a picture of your geocaching bag and post it in the My Geocaching Bag thread in the Geocaching Topics forum.

Not only will you be getting a chance to win a nice geocoin you will be hleping new geocachers by letting them see what type of equipment and swag you take out on the trails. If you have already entered then thank you.

We are a diverse community with many different interests emphasized. PFF has found almost 1300 Benchmarks and is going to be find his 5th geocache someday I am sure. :D

Someone actually asked me what these names have to with geocaching - Jon, Dave, Marianne, Mark and Frank.

I bet more than one person in this forum would say - What :laughing: How could anyone not know that?

Thank you all for playing.

I may add further geocoins to the My Geocaching Bag contest at any time, in fact I can tell you that I will do that I am just not sure which geocoin(s) they will be or when I will add them.

I am beginning to suspect that people who love geocoins may not have geocaching bags!!! :santa:

If you want to win a brand new unactivated Albertosaurus geocoin then the only thing you need to do is to take a picture of your geocaching bag and post it in the My Geocaching Bag thread in the Geocaching Topics forum.

Not only will you be getting a chance to win a nice geocoin you will be hleping new geocachers by letting them see what type of equipment and swag you take out on the trails. If you have already entered then thank you.

We are a diverse community with many different interests emphasized. PFF has found almost 1300 Benchmarks and is going to be find his 5th geocache someday I am sure. :D

Someone actually asked me what these names have to with geocaching - Jon, Dave, Marianne, Mark and Frank.

I bet more than one person in this forum would say - What :laughing: How could anyone not know that?

Thank you all for playing.

I may add further geocoins to the My Geocaching Bag contest at any time, in fact I can tell you that I will do that I am just not sure which geocoin(s) they will be or when I will add them.

Well, thanks to a friend I got the news I needed to post my entry elsewhere. Agreed about the diverse community. Sharing is a wonderful thing.

Cache on - Cache happy!

My geocaching bag is nothing special (a camera backpack with a GPS in the side pcket :lol: )

That is a nice geocoin bag, I wonder if AtlantaGal could fit her collection in there. :lol:

If you want to take a picture of your geocaching bag and post it in this thread then make a list of the contents then you could win a new geocoin for your geocaching bag!

Many geocoin enthusiasts might be aware that there is a Christmas Caching Puzzle for new geocachers and this is the time of year when new geocachers arrive on these forums.

By posting your picture you are assisting the new geocachers, they get a chance to see what the experienced geocachers carry out onto the trails.

Your picture will bump the My Geocaching Bag thread as well and that makes that thread easy to access for people just learning how the forums work!!

Thanks Everyone.

I will start mailing prizes tomorrow. Watch this thread for new geocoins to be added to the My Geocaching Bag contest. If you have a picture posted over there already you will eligible for any new geocoins added to the contest.

I want to take the time to thank Frank for his generous gift of a new Geobone Ver II, I have #201. At the same time Frank gave me one of his 2007 personal geocoins!!! Thanks Frank.

OK, here is our geobag....I like to put pins on it, there is a spare pen clipped on so we won't ever be caught without one. For swag we have a baggie with dice and rules for dice games, various pins...we carry spare log books and small lock N locks, we often have TB's or geocoins with us to drop and we always carry a flashlight! (the camera would have been in the picture but I was using that! :lol: )

62115e08-a00a-47c1-90de-b8c937ddaa5d.jpg

OK, here is our geobag....I like to put pins on it, there is a spare pen clipped on so we won't ever be caught without one. For swag we have a baggie with dice and rules for dice games, various pins...we carry spare log books and small lock N locks, we often have TB's or geocoins with us to drop and we always carry a flashlight! (the camera would have been in the picture but I was using that! :lol: )

Thanks for posting a picture of your geocaching bag usyoopers.

Now all you need to do is repost it over here and you are in like Flynn.

Since I am already here I will post this pic, this is one of the highpoints of all the fun I have had geocaching. When I was at the first GeocoinFest in Temecula, California I had the signal honour of meeting Jon (Moun10Bike) and I got another geocacher to snap this pic.

db2db9b0-6849-4039-9715-f7ad546e0212.jpg

I hope all the geocoiners know that I am also posting to help new geocachers figure out the Christmas Caching Puzzle. The Christmas Caching Puzzle has officiially been upgraded to 4 Stars.

Get your pictures posted over in the My Geocaching Bag forum in Geocaching Topics or you will be gnashing your teeth for sure later on.

Edited by wavector

Hello all you geocoin lovers.

I am going to add another geocoin to the contest that is currently running in the My Geocaching Bag thread. I am going downstairs to look right now and I will tell you what I come up with. OK, here it is, it is a Landsharkz Personal Geocoin, the blue and green one. This is a beautiful geocoin. It is new and unactivated and it is one of the nicest geocoins the Landsharkz have ever made (that is my opinion and I am sticking to it). Chris and Helen don't know that they donated this geocoin prize to the contest but they did!! If you love geocoins then I don't have to tell you the the Landsharkz website is the source for truly unique and beautiful Canadian made geocoins.

Remember there is already an Albertosaurus geocoin being given away to one of the people who posts a snapshot of their geocaching bag and add a list of contents. This is a really simple contest and it will be really easy to win. One Albertosaurus geocoin has already been given away and there is still another one available. This contest is open to everyone. The Christmas Caching Puzzle contest is only open to new geocachers so if you are a new geocacher then you might want to check that out.

If you have already posted a picture of your geocaching bag in the My Geocaching Bag thread then watch that thread to see if you won this beautiful Landsharkz personal geocoin. Only pictures already posted will be eligible to win this geocoin. If you haven't posted a picture of your geocaching bag yet then you might want to consider doing that so that you will have a chance to win the Albertosaurus geocoin. I may add more geocoins to this contest so enter now or you will be kicking yourself later. Did I say that already?

I am hoping to see your entries over there. Good Luck.

SharkzSide1.jpg

Edited by wavector

Hello all you geocoin lovers.

I am going to add another geocoin to the contest that is currently running in the My Geocaching Bag thread. I am going downstairs to look right now and I will tell you what I come up with. OK, here it is, it is a Landsharkz Personal Geocoin, the blue and green one. This is a beautiful geocoin. It is new and unactivated and it is one of the nicest geocoins the Landsharkz have ever made (that is my opinion and I am sticking to it). Chris and Helen don't know that they donated this geocoin prize to the contest but they did!! If you love geocoins then I don't have to tell you the the Landsharkz website is the source for truly unique and beautiful Canadian made geocoins.

Remember there is already an Albertosaurus geocoin being given away to one of the people who posts a snapshot of their geocaching bag and add a list of contents. This is a really simple contest and it will be really easy to win. One Albertosaurus geocoin has already been given away and there is still another one available. This contest is open to everyone. The Christmas Caching Puzzle contest is only open to new geocachers so if you are a new geocacher then you might want to check that out.

If you have already posted a picture of your geocaching bag in the My Geocaching Bag thread then watch that thread to see if you won this beautiful Landsharkz personal geocoin. Only pictures already posted will be eligible to win this geocoin. If you haven't posted a picture of your geocaching bag yet then you might want to consider doing that so that you will have a chance to win the Albertosaurus geocoin. I may add more geocoins to this contest so enter now or you will be kicking yourself later. Did I say that already?

I am hoping to see your entries over there. Good Luck.

SharkzSide1.jpg

WOW!!!! That's a beautiful coin!!!!!!! I love sarks!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

Congratulations to usyoopers who has won the Landsharkz Personal Geocoin simply by posting a picture of his geocaching bag in the My Geocaching Bag thread in the Geocaching Topics forum.

I have some very nice geocoins to give away. If you don't post your picture and a list of what you carry you cannot win these nice goecoins. When you see some of the nice geocoins I have to give away you will be kicking yourself for not taking the time to take a snapshot and post it over there on that thread.

I mean I have some really nice geocoins.

Did I mention I have some really really nice geocoins? Ones you don't have.

OK, maybe Marianne has them. <- maybe? ;)

Thanks and congratulaitons to usyoopers for winning the Landsharkz personal and to Kit Fox. Kit Fox won an Albertosaurus geocoin. Your picture at any time will get you an entry for an Albertosaurus but post now so you don't go OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE, I SHOULD HAVE POSTED A PICTURE.

Thanks Everyone

So do we post another photo or are we still in the running for the next draw if we did not win? Thanks for the cointest and congrats to the winners!

You are in every draw from now on hollora.

When I announce a new prize here your picture is already in the thread and you can win any geocoin announced here.

So if I said, the next geocoin up for grabs is.....<put name of very desirable geocoin here> then you know you are eligible because you have posted a picture already.

You would be smiling and happy and could safely ignore the other geocoin collectors who could only gnash their teeth.

The key is in having your entry already over there and posted so that you are eligible for the geocoins as they are announced.

Did I mention that I have some really really nice geocoins?

Geocoin collectors tend to be very focused on geocoins and many of them don't even have geocaching bags. This contest is designed to encourage geocoin collectors to get geocaching bags so they can actually try out geocaching. I have found geocoins in geocaches on many occasions. :D;)

Congratulations to usyoopers who has won the Landsharkz Personal Geocoin simply by posting a picture of his geocaching bag in the My Geocaching Bag thread in the Geocaching Topics forum.

Thanks and congratulaitons to usyoopers for winning the Landsharkz personal and to Kit Fox. Kit Fox won an Albertosaurus geocoin. Your picture at any time will get you an entry for an Albertosaurus but post now so you don't go OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE, I SHOULD HAVE POSTED A PICTURE.

Thanks Everyone

WOW!! We won a really cool shark! Thank you so much wavector for the cointest and congrats to Kit Fox for winning the Albertosaurus coin!! ;):D:D

So do we post another photo or are we still in the running for the next draw if we did not win? Thanks for the cointest and congrats to the winners!

You are in every draw from now on hollora.

When I announce a new prize here your picture is already in the thread and you can win any geocoin announced here.

So if I said, the next geocoin up for grabs is.....<put name of very desirable geocoin here> then you know you are eligible because you have posted a picture already.

You would be smiling and happy and could safely ignore the other geocoin collectors who could only gnash their teeth.

The key is in having your entry already over there and posted so that you are eligible for the geocoins as they are announced.

Did I mention that I have some really really nice geocoins?

Geocoin collectors tend to be very focused on geocoins and many of them don't even have geocaching bags. This contest is designed to encourage geocoin collectors to get geocaching bags so they can actually try out geocaching. I have found geocoins in geocaches on many occasions. :):rolleyes:

This is very nice my friend - thank you for the cointest.

2007EarthTurtle.jpg

This beautiful geocoin was donated by Arizona cacher nicolo. Richard was a pillar of the Calgary caching community and his generous contributions enriched everyone's caching adventures. Now he has moved to Arizona and we will miss him in Alberta. Thanks for the geocoin Richard.

If you see a geocoin posted here then it is going to be given away as part of the Christmas Caching Puzzle contest. The contest that you see in that thread is actually occurring elsewhere as well. By posting pictures in the My Geocaching Bag contest you are assisting the new geocachers who are trying to solve the Christmas Caching Puzzle. Your pictures send the My Geocaching Bag thread to the top of the fast moving Geocaching Topics thread every time you post.

The Christmas Caching Puzzle does have an embedded contest currently running but that contest the "subtext contest" is only open to new Alberta geocachers. If you like Puzzles then you might be interested in the post that contains the "subtext contest", there is a challenging mystery there.

Thanks for playing and thanks for helping out the new geocachers everyone.

I didn't say anything, yet. When I post a new geocoin in the My Geocaching Bag contest you have to have a picture of your geocaching bag and a list of the contents already posted in the thread or you won't be eligible, did I mention you won't be eligible for that geocoin if your picture isn't posted.

That is a 2007 Silver Earth Turtle if I am not mistaken, apparently they are not available anymore, who knew. Kind of looks like Squirtle doesn't it?

:rolleyes:

If you like Mystery/Puzzle caches then keep your eye on the Christmas Caching Puzzle for "micro contest challenges" that might appeal to more advanced geocachers.

GeocoinPrizeOtherSide.jpg

I didn't say anything...yet. Not one thing.

Where is the next GeocoinFest, does anyone know?

Hello wavector,

I know :D it will be:

Geocoinfest 2009 in Salt Lake City

Additional detail:

October 10th (possibly 9th or 11th too.)

Salt Lake City Marriott City Center

Great Cointest, both of my kids submitted caching bag pictures, and list of contents.

Wavector,

Dad(The Finding Irish 4), always tells me to RTFQ Read The Full Question.

I do not think he did here, as you said you have to already posted the bag picture, and listed to contents, which I have.

So the answer is:

GeoCoinfest 2009 will be in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Queenie-Boo-Bay :D

OK so I am a bit of a dumbo and cannot get my picture to appear?

The Picture should be here he sobs

I have one of those red round the waist large bum bags that holds my Garmin trusty old gps unit with a leatherman (never leave home without it) a compass, some small goodies to leave in caches, small maglite torch, some pencils (ikea of course) some small notepads for when a log book is full and a range of plastic bags etc and strong tape for those quick cache repairs.

Good luck to everyone and of course happy new year to all.

Edited by pyramides

OK so I am a bit of a dumbo and cannot get my picture to appear?

The Picture should be here he sobs

I have one of those red round the waist large bum bags that holds my Garmin trusty old gps unit with a leatherman (never leave home without it) a compass, some small goodies to leave in caches, small maglite torch, some pencils (ikea of course) some small notepads for when a log book is full and a range of plastic bags etc and strong tape for those quick cache repairs.

Good luck to everyone and of course happy new year to all.

Hello pyramides

You need to post your picture over here in the My Geocaching Bag thread to be eligible to win geocoins in this contest. It is really easy to get a picture to appear in these forums.

When you are posting look at the icons on the bar immediately above the white text area. You can see a row of icons starting with the B for Bold and to the right of that there is a picture of a lttle tree, that is a button that inserts the

[img= ] 

tags for you.

You need the URL for the picture (the picture must be posted somewhere already, I use photobucket.com myself) and then you need to add that URL to you message and bracket it with the the tags.

[img=http://URL Here] 

and the picture will appear in your post.

Post it on the My Geocaching bag thread in the Geocaching Topics forum and you are in the contest.

Good of you to host a cointest, my friend, well done! THANKS for spreading a bit of fun!

And your entry?

I am waiting!!! :D

Remember everyone, if you love geocoins and you see a geocoin appear that you really really want then it is going to be too late to enter.

I have started mailing geocoins already. If you see your ZIP or Postal Code here then your prize is already on the way.

L9T 4C8

Going out today

Good Luck Everyone.

I took the time to read about your friend Tod and I want to say you are offering a very special tribute, I am sure the ride is wild but if your efforts make a difference for one person then it matters.

My best to you.

David aka wavector

Good of you to host a cointest, my friend, well done! THANKS for spreading a bit of fun!

And your entry?

I am waiting!!! :D

Remember everyone, if you love geocoins and you see a geocoin appear that you really really want then it is going to be too late to enter.

I have started mailing geocoins already. If you see your ZIP or Postal Code here then your prize is already on the way.

L9T 4C8

Going out today

Good Luck Everyone.

I took the time to read about your friend Tod and I want to say you are offering a very special tribute, I am sure the ride is wild but if your efforts make a difference for one person then it matters.

My best to you.

David aka wavector

I appreciate the offer Dave, but am content watching the fun! THANKS though! Good luck on your cointests! Thanks also for the kind words, people have emailed me telling of how they have driven safer or other ways this has touched them, so the difference is being made and I am grateful for that!

Take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and all!!

Just a reprise

Mailed

L9T 4C8

Still up -

2006 Utah

2007 Earth Turtle

2008 Saskatchewan

Every geocoin I have given away in this contest so far has been a geocoin that was always intended to be given away. None of these geocoins are from my collection of geocoins. :wub:

I have won some, found some, purchased some, been gifted with many.

It is good to use them.

I hope you are enjoying the puzzles. It really is free geocoins.

The Christmas Caching Puzzle should help new geocachers find their way with trackable items and geocoins but it is tough sometimes. I posted a note over here in the Geocaching.com Web Site where I was trying to help a geocacher identify a geocoin. What do you think, did I do the right thing? Can you figure out which geocoin it is? Do you think it was supposed to be activated? What would your advice be?

TheFirstGeocacheinCanadaSide2.jpg

Please note that if you see a geocoin in this thread it is going to be given away as part of the Christmas Caching Puzzle contest. Post a picture of your geocaching bag and list the contents in My Geocaching Bag and take a good look at the top post in the thread. Enter "what contest?" Win free geocoins and trackable items. If you are a new Alberta geocacher who is eligible for the Christmas Caching Puzzle contest then you are eligible to win a prize in the "*sub-text contest" part of the mysterious coincidental (or not) post 11.

Edited by wavector

This thread moves down the list pretty quick!

Aren't you glad this isn't a picture of a geocoin that you really really want!

If I put the picture of the earth Turtle in the My Geocaching Bag thread and you don't have a picture posted over there youare gpoing to be kicking yourself.

Anyone would llike the FTF prize in "what contest?" but geocachers who like trackable items will really really like that FTF prize!

OK, if you want chance to win that 2007 Silver Earth Turtle then you have to have a picture of your geocaching bag posted in the My Geocaching Bag thread. It isn't how you win the earth turtle but by not posting you ensure that you won't win it.

You can wait and watch the developments here but make sure you post a picture of your geocaching bag in the My Geocaching Bag thread.

Thanks for playing everyone. Watch for new geocoins being added here.

I have started mailing prizes already. If you see your ZIP or Postal Code here then your prize is already on the way.

L9T 4C8

Can anyone help BexyBear? Coming up....

The Mystery of TheMysteryLocation.jpg

Edited by wavector

Here is another geocoin that will be given away in the Christmas Caching Puzzle contest.

You can win some nice geocoins and you can win them in a few different ways.

One way is just by putting a picture of your geocaching bag and listing the contents in the thread entitled My Geocaching Bag. That is very easy and remember, every geocoin you see here will be given away in one the contests associated with the Christmas Caching Puzzle.

Once a geocoin appears here it will be given away, once it appears in a subsidiary contest thread it is going to be given away in that contest.

To be eligible for the 2007 Silver Earth Turtle prize you must have an entry in the My Geocaching Bag thread.

To learn about trackable items try this easy contest in the Geocoin Discussion forum, it is called a "Nice spot here for a bit of butty munching". I don't know what that means but it is OK to say it in the location that the contest explores. To be eligible contestants in both of the above contests must have found at least one geocache.

Please go ahead and enter any contest for which you are eligible.

The 2006 First Geocache in Canada geocoin is the prize in Stage One of the

Mystery of

TheMysteryLocation-1.jpg

Currently on the table;

2006 Utah

2007 Silver Earth Turtle

2008 Saskatchewan

and I am adding

A rare White THX4TC Jeep Geocoin from Alan and Elli. This is a new unactivated geocoin and this entire series is now retired. Special thanks go out to Richard for this very cool geocoin, a real beauty, thanks nicolo.

What if I had placed this geocoin picture in the My Geocaching Bag thread and you discovered you couldn't win it because you had no entry over there. :unsure:

AllanandEllisTHX4TC.jpg

Edited by wavector

wow nice coins, so are they all for the christmas contest? or for both contests?

The Christmas Caching Puzzle and the related contests, yes.

The main puzzle itself has a separate supply of nineteen nice trackable items and they will all be given away to new geocaching.com accounts that were created between September 1st, 2008 and December 26th, 2008. (inclusive) Even if you are not eligible for those trackable items you can figure out the puzzle to be ready for any associated puzzles that might appear.

The "what contest?" has very nice First to Find prize and is designed to challenge geocachers who are familiar with the geocaching.com and forums.Groundspeak.com websites.

The contest that is designed around trackable items has a bit of a strange name, it is called "Nice spot here for a bit of butty munching" but it is fine, a butty is a sandwich! Who knew?

You have already won a nice prize in the My Geocaching Bag thread. Geocachers must have a picture posted if they are to have any chance of winning the 2007 Earth Turtle geocoin seen in this thread. Entries already posted will be eligible for any prize that appears on that thread and there is an Albertosaurus up for grabs already (or more than one!)

Every geocoin seen in this thread will be given away in one of the contests. Additionally, any geocoins which appear in the "My Geocaching Bag" thread will be given to someone who has already posted a picture in that thread. If I was to move the White Jeep over to that thread then only those already entered would be eligible to win the White Jeep. There are only 177 of these White Jeeps and it has been retired for awhile.

The last contest is only open to new Alberta geocachers and it has a separate set of prizes as well.

It is called the "subtext contest" and new Alberta geocachers have to know the meaning of this line "Is she the daughter of James?" :lol::)

By providing a link to the correct profile they can win a nice prize.

So, if you want a chance to win some nice geocoins then enter!! (not you specifically mm, I am just exhorting everyone to enter!) :)

Any geocacher who has found at least one geocache can enter the "My Geocaching Bag" and the "Nice spot here for a bit of butty munching." contests. Any geocacher can enter the "what contest?". If you haven't entered then please do.

Thanks Everyone

WOW!! We won a really cool shark! Thank you so much wavector for the cointest and congrats to Kit Fox for winning the Albertosaurus coin!! :lol::):)

Our shark swam in with this mornings mail, very cool coin. Thanks so much for having this cointest!!

No geocoins added this morning!!! Whew.

If you haven't placed a picture and list in the My Geocaching Bag thread in the geocaching Topics forum then please do. You must have a picture there to be eligible to win the 2007 Earth Turtle, it isn't how you win the Earth Turtle but you will ensure that you don't win it if you don't post a picture. Only pictures already posted will be eligible for new geocoins posted to that thread.

I am glad you liked that geocoin usyoopers. When we held the GeocoinFest Multi Event in Alberta we had a lot of people show up and we had a ton of fun. The GeocoinFest geocachers are really tremendous organizers and we got a lot of good stuff. Mark, avroair, sent us like a whole bunch of t-shirts!!

The geocoin that you have won was sent as an extra in the box by the Landsharkz, one of the premiere geocoin makers in the world today, you can see why, it was a very beautiful and unexpected extra.

We did give away most of the stuff at the Geocoinfest Multi Event as prizes but some items were inadvertantly left behind in different cities, some didn't make it until after the event had happened.

Regardless, all the geocoins that are being given away in this contest are geocoins that have been included as extras, have been specifically donated or were intended originally as giveaways and just never got given away.

I should mention that the Albertosaurus geocoins that are being given away as prizes are all the polished nickel version of the geocoin. The black nickle Albertosaurus geocoins were available at The Geocoin Store and the polished nickle version was never offered for sale.

I am updating the mail list today.

Mailed already.

L9T 4C8

Going out today

K7N 1M5

RG10 9PT

Thanks to everyone who is entering the contests.

This is a 2007 Saskatchewan.

A very nice set of Saskatchewan geocoins!!! I wonder what contest is getting that nice prize.

2007Saskatchewan.jpg

A very special thank you going out to Saskatchewan geocacher bobbarley

Thanks Bob, I hope you are watching!

wavector

Medicine Hat, Alberta

For the hamsters among us.

Hamstercaching is a new contest in which you have to Find another player but you do not know the name. This is like the Christmas Caching Puzzle in which you have to do the same thing, albeit that name is hidden not missing like the one in the Hamstercaching Contest.

In Hamstercaching you have to know your stuff, I thought Isonzo or webscouter would have had that answer by now. Ha ha ha ha hamster. :unsure:

Edited by wavector

I am going to have to supply a Hint Thread I think.

No winners for the "what contest?" which is all about geocaching really. If you saw the picture then tried to find out where I was you have to go look at the geocaching landscape in my area, after that it should all become apparent, it should.

The "what contest?" is about looking at the geocaching landscape in areas where you do not live. The skills you need to do that are straightforward and there is a really nice FTF prize for the person who figures out that puzzle.

The "hamstercaching contest" is rather disappointing, it seems like the hamstercachers talk a good show but they reallly don't know things as well as they should. Caches "hidden by elves" is a dead giveaway to most hamsters and if they read mysterious Post 11 then it should be a hop skip and a jump over to the caches that Mark has hidden and then the mystery geocacher is right there.

Please post a picture of your geocaching bag and list the contents in the My Geocaching Bag thread to make sure you are eligible for new geocoins that might be posted there and to make sure you have a chance to win the 2007 Earth Turtle posted in this thread.

Good Luck and thanks for all the entries.

Edited by wavector

Great fun reading these- just wish I'd joined the site a few days earlier :ninja:

Hello BoatBird.

You can try "what contest?" and you have enough posts to be eligible for the "hamstercaching contest". I know you entered Stage One of the "Nice spot here for a bit of butty munching" contest so I am sure you will enjoy Stage Two when it is posted, it will take a bit longer I think.

I am glad you are enjoying the contests. Unfortunately the Christmas Caching Puzzle eligibility dates will not be extended forward, they may be extended backwards though or it may be a next Christmas before the prizes are all awarded!

Edited by wavector

An Update for the Christmas Caching Puzzle winners!

If you would like to adopt the nice trackable item that yuou won in the contest then you certainly can, if you check you will see one adoption has already been processed.

It is not necessary to adopt, the item you have won is clearly marked as yours but if you would like to have the item appear on the right side of your profile then send an adoption request to the owning account.

As soon as your adoption request is received an adoption form will be sent to your account.

An update on mailed prizes is below;

Mailed

L9T 4C8

K7N 1M5

RG10 9PT

WAITING FOR ONE ZIP CODE

Congratualtions to everyone who has won so far and keep watching as there are many more prizes to be won. If you haven't entered then you should so you have a chance.

The geocaching Bag contest is on going for awhile I think, just post a picture of your bag and contents .....

"What contest" is still on ...

and I think the "hampster contest" is still on ...

The christmas puzzle is over , I think

I agree on the confusion. Wavector's cointests make one think and research all the threads and logs. But The prizes are FABULOUS HARD TO FIND GEOCOINS so I don't blame them for not making it easy. I start searching for answers and get lost, too much for me.

I'm the plain and simple cointest lover!!!!

Hope this helps,

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns