Plucker error with Vista

Crpnter1

I was using plucker just fine with windows xp, but now I cannot get it to run on Vista. the error I got the first time was.......D:\wx242\src\common\file.cpp(356):assert"Is Opened"()"failed.

once I somehow got past that warning and it appeared that I had plucker all set up and ready to go, I click "finish" with the "launch plucker desktop" bix checked, and the folliwing comes up at the same time as the desktop app........Cant remove file'C:\Program files\plucker\plucker.ini'(error 5:access is denied).

Anyone know what can be done about this? I already tried the compatibility check in the control panel. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Go back to xp. If I did my pda, camera, scanner and printer would work again. Along with cachemate and my explorist 600. etc. etc. etc........

I'd love to, but my new laptop came with vista. I'm hoping that someone has found a way around this. Sounds like there are many of us who are facing this dilemma.

I don't use Plucker, so am not familiar with it. Have you tried running Plucker in Administrator mode? When clicking the shortcut for the program, right click instead of left click, then choose "Run as Administrator". That solves a lot of problems with programs in Vista, but won't solve your problem if the program is not compatible with Vista.

Edited by vwaldoguy

I have the same issue, the only thing i can find to make it work is that once you close the program this error starts. What I do is I have the original installation file saved on my desktop and I just re-install it each time I use it. Doing this works fine (although a little annoying) as long as the program is running, once you close the program you will have to re-install it. Re-installing DOES NOT erase the old data so you will not lose the channels that you already have.

I don't use Plucker, so am not familiar with it. Have you tried running Plucker in Administrator mode? When clicking the shortcut for the program, right click instead of left click, then choose "Run as Administrator". That solves a lot of problems with programs in Vista, but won't solve your problem if the program is not compatible with Vista.

Mission accomplished! That was the trick alright....so glad that I dont have to start carrying around cache printouts again! Thanks so much! Happy caching!

Mission accomplished! That was the trick alright....so glad that I dont have to start carrying around cache printouts again! Thanks so much! Happy caching!

I will look into that. Thanks again!

Dump the Plucker Distiller. Eventually it will hit a cache page with some strange character in it, and it will choke, and you'll waste an entire day trying to figure out which one is the culprit

Take the opportunity to switch over to Sunrise XP. Works just as well, if not better than Plucker Distiller, and it won't crash like Plucker does.