new caches alert Question

dillboy

I think I am hooked on FTF .... what time will I get my E-mail notification about new caches??? are new caches published at a certain time each day??? :rolleyes: Thank you!

New caches are published whenever your local reviewer wants to publish them, at any time of day, and since it looks like you're a premium member, you'll get your notification as soon as each new cache is published. Now, how frequent that is depends entirely on your area.

I think I am hooked on FTF .... what time will I get my E-mail notification about new caches??? are new caches published at a certain time each day??? :rolleyes: Thank you!

The reviewers are just normal people like us and have other lives. So they'll publish when they get the chance. You'll probably be able to establish a pattern to when your local reviewer posts them. I know the one in our area often posts early in the morning (7:30 to 8:00) and also in the evening at 8:30pm and later. But listings can show up any time of day. Good luck on your FTF's. We have several local folks who are FTF seekers (I'm one when I can), and the competition is a lot of fun. It adds a new new dimension to the fun of a find when you open that cache and see if you have a clean sheet to sign!

If you have a phone with Internet access, it's even better. There are a couple of FTF hounds in my area that have iPhones, and man, are they fast. They get the notifcation on their phone, go to the cache page to get the coordinates, and often grab the FTF before anyone else has even checked their email. Now that's fast. Ha.

I have signed up for the service, but dislike it VERY much. New caches pop up all the time, but I receive the alerts maybe 1 in 20 times.

Bergie Bunch, I have been signed up for instant notifications for over a year and as far as I know I have never missed getting one. Please go over your settings for your notifications.

Make sure you have all the notifications set for all the different types of caches. If you only have a notification set for a Traditional Cache, and a Multi-cache is published, you will not get a notification for the Multi-cache.

Another thing. When you set up a notification for a certain kind of cache be sure you have the correct millage set for that kind of cache. If you tell it to notify you for all the caches within 10 miles of your point of origin for

your subscription? (like your home coordsnances) and a new cache is published 20 miles from your point of origin you will not get a notification. Hope this helps.