Managing geocaches with MapSource...how?

redcoyote12

I just received a Garmin Legend HCX to replace my old Magellan Explorist 210. I've used garmin.com to upload geocaches with the Firefox plugin and it's working great.

My question is.... how do I manage the list of caches from week to week so I know which caches may be deactivated? With the Explorist system, I would download a pocket query and replace the old geocache file on the unit with the new one using Magellan's software. What's the best way to update the cache list? With Mapsource? If I just do a new search and load them to the unit, it won't erase deactivated caches, will it? I read everything I could find in the help pages but I didn't find anything. Should I use pocket queries again? Thanks for any help.

You could do the same as you did with the Magellen and just delete all caches on the gps and then replace them with the new PQ ones. Or you could get GSAK and let that programs filters take care of it for you. This way if you have solved any puzzle caches and corrected the coords, you will not have to write them down someplace to keep the answers.

Edited by IBcrashen