Knock Knock, Who's There? Nova Scotia Cointest II

The Skylark Four

The prize is a new 2008 Lunenburg County Cachers geocoin. These coins were only sold to cachers from Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada.

To enter, post a message containing the following two parts.

Part 1: Tell us a fact about Nova Scotia.

Part 2: Tell us a clean knock-knock joke.

There will be two winners.

One coin will go to a randomly chosen "Nova Scotia fact" entry.

Another coin to whoever posts the funniest joke.

Winner chosen by the youngest members of the Skylark Four, a 6 & 8 yr old.

Contest starts now and ends sometime on Sunday.

You can enter two times a day for each day of the contest.

Good luck

Nova Scotia Fact:

8a91b747-b0bd-4fbe-8f98-2e68c4d33261.jpg

The flag of Nova Scotia was the first flag in the Commonwealth to be authorized by Royal Charter in 1625.

The flag displays the province's Shield of Arms with the cross of Saint Andrew.

It is flown on provincial buildings and on public and private flagpoles throughout the province.

During the Age of Sail, the flag flew at the masthead of many Nova Scotia merchant ships.

Knock Knock Joke:

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Who

Who who?

Is there an Owl in here? :rolleyes:

Goog cointest I am 8 and love Knock Knock Jokes.

Answer number two for today:

Part 1: There are 3000 lakes in the province of Nova Scotia

Part 2:

Will you remember me in an hour?

Yes.

Will you remember me in a day?

Yes.

Will you remember me in a week?

Yes.

Will you remember me in a month?

Yes.

Will you remember me in a year?

Yes.

I think you won't.

Yes, I will.

Knock, knock!

Who's there?

See? You've forgotten me already!

Novia Scotia Fact:

6e9b8b49-6b94-4342-bc4a-8b64f2d17663.jpg

The Shield of Arms represents a unique union of the Royal and National Arms of Scotland.

Granted in 1625, it includes a blue cross - the cross of Saint Andrew from the National Arms, but with the colours reversed - on a white or silver background.

In the centre is the royal lion inside a double red border, on a yellow or gold background

Knock Knock Jokes:

Knock Knock

Whos there?

A herd

A herd who?

A herd you like knock-knock jokes. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the fun!!!!

Fact:

Climate

Nova Scotia’s daily temperatures vary, depending on the season.

The averages are:

Spring from 2° to 9° C

Summer from 16° to 24° C

Fall about 18° C

Winter about -3° C

In Nova Scotia all types of weather are seen, including rain, snow, hail and their specialty...freezing rain.

On an annual basis Nova Scotia receives an average of 1,178.1 millimetres of rainfall (a little less inland).

Joke:

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

Police.

Police who?

Police stop telling these awful knock, knock jokes! :rolleyes:

Fact:

Geography

Nova Scotia is 55,000 square kilometres in size.

The province of Nova Scotia is connected to the province of New Brunswick and the rest of Canada, by the 28 kilometre Isthmus of Chignecto.

The Canso Causeway joins Cape Breton Island with mainland Nova Scotia.

Nova Scotia’s coastline, if you stretched it out as far as it would go, is 7,400 kilometres in length. But the overall length of the province is actually only 575 kilometres.

The average width is 130 kilometres.

The highest point in Nova Scotia is at White Hill Lake in Victoria County, and is part of the Cape Breton Highlands National Park. It stands 530 metres above sea level.

The major rivers of Nova Scotia are the Annapolis, St. Mary’s, Medway, Mersey, Shubenacadie and Margaree. Shubenacadie is actually the longest river!

The largest lake in Nova Scotia is the Bras d’Or Lake in Cape Breton.

Joke:

Knock, knock

Who's there?

Police

Police who?

Police let us in; it's cold out here. :rolleyes:

Nova Scotian's are proudly called "Bluenoses" or "Bluenosers" since the 1700's. Reason: Planting and exporting of Irish Bluenose Potatoes, blue marks on the noses of fishermen left by blue mitts, and the nickname given to the Nova Scotia British troops which occupied New York City and Boston during the American Revolution.

Knock Knock

Who's there !

Ice cream !

Ice cream who ?

Ice cream if you don't let me in !

Binrat

On December 6, 1917 the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia was devastated by an explosion when a French cargo ship laden with ammunition collided with a Belgian relief ship. The detonation flattened much of the city and killed almost 2000 people. The explosion was felt and heard up to 360 km away.

It is estimated that the explosion was roughly equivalent to 3 kilotons of TNT, or about 1/4 the force of the Hiroshima atomic bomb. It still stands as the largest and most devastating non-nuclear man-made explosion of all time.

On a lighter note, here is my 3-year old son's favourite knock-knock joke:

Knock knock

Who's there?

At

At who?

Bless you!

FACTOIDS: Nova Scotia is the newest part of Canada, hence the Nova part of the name, which is Latin for new. The Scotia part comes from the many Scotians who settled there after they were driven out of their homeland by football hooligans following their defeat by Manchester United 7 - 0 during the English Civil War. The rest of English-speaking Canada just calls the area New Scotia, because they aren't as pretentious as the Scotians like to be. Almost all citizens of Nova Scotia are conscripted into the provincial fishing fleet at the age of 4 where they remain until death. [citation needed]

Joke:

(knock*2) + ? = (answer / 2)

(answer / 2) + (answer / 2) = answer + funny = HAHAHA!

Nova Scotia:

With direct air connections to Halifax Airport for all major cities including Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, New York, Boston, Washington, Frankfurt and London, easy highway access, and convenient fast ferries, Nova Scotia is a lot easier to get to than you might think.

Joke:

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Kay.

Kay who?

Kay,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z!

I like Canada a lot :rolleyes: Thx for the cointest :unsure: And Merry Christmas!

Well seeing that the prize is a 2008 Lunenburg County Cachers geocoin, let’s start there.

Old Town Lunenburg was first designated as a National Historic District by the Canadian Federal government in 1992; in 1995 it was name to the World Heritage List for its outstanding universal value and only the second urban community in Continental North America to be included. The honour is immortalized in an eight-foot granite and bronze monument cast at Lunenburg Foundry.

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Thisle

Thisle who?

Thisle have to hold you.

Knock-Knock

Who's There

Mary

Mary who?

Mary-Christmas!

language in nova scotia

Rank Language Respondants Percentage

1. English 832,105 92.53%

2. French 32,540 3.62%

3. Arabic 4,425 0.49%

4. Mi'kmaq 4,060 0.45%

5. German 4,045 0.45%

6. Chinese 3,370 0.37%

7. Dutch 2,440 0.27%

8. Polish 1,570 0.17%

9. Spanish 1,305 0.15%

10. Greek 1,035 0.12%

11. Italian 905 0.10%

12. Korean 860 0.10%

13. Gaelic 799 0.10%

Thanks for the cointest :rolleyes:

Well, being I like 'em a lot -- Nova Scotia's lobsters are apparently eaten all over Canada. What I like more would be going up the US northern coast and eating lobster and continuing into Canada and eating more lobster. Therefore, Nova Scotia is a good fact place for me, as long as there's lobster!

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Darwin.

Darwin who?

I'll be Darwin you open the door.

Nove Scotia!!!! :rolleyes:

Paleo-Indians camped at locations in present-day Nova Scotia approximately 11,000 years ago. Archaic Indians are believed to have been present in the area between 1,000 and 5,000 years ago. Mi'kmaq, the First Nations of the province and region, are their direct descendants.

Some believe that the Vikings may have settled in Nova Scotia at some time, though there is little evidence of this, and the claim is disputed by historians. The only authenticated Viking settlement in North America is L'Anse aux Meadows, which establishes the fact that Vikings explored the continent 500 years before Christopher Columbus.

Knock knock!

Who is there?

Love!

Love who???

Just love me my dear!!! :unsure:

Nova Scotia Fact:

More Gaelic is spoken in Nova Scotia than in Scotland.

North America's only Gaelic College is at St. Ann's, Nova Scotia.

The Antigonish Highland Games are the oldest in North America.

Knock-Knock Joke:

Knock Knock

Who's there?

GHOST

GHOST who?

GHOST to show you, nobody remembers my name! :blink:

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

Nova Scotia Fact:

There is no place in Nova Scotia

where you are more than 56 kilometers (35 miles) from the sea.

The province is twice the size of

Massachusetts, just a bit smaller than Ireland.

Knock-Knock Joke:

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Irish

Irish Who?

Irish I could visit Nova Scotia.

Edited by IBcrashen

In 1998, the Nova Scotia Legistlature unanimously adopted a resolution in celebration of the 600th anniversary of the legendary landing of Prince Henry Sinclair (a Scots noble who became a prince in Denmark) in Guysborough...

...located on the west side of the Strait of Canso, which separates the Nova Scotia mainland from Cape Breton Island.

Born in Scotland in about 1345 A.D. Henry Sinclair became Earl of Rosslyn and the surrounding lands as well as Prince of Orkney, Duke of Oldenburg (Denmark), and Premier Earl of Norway. In 1398 he led an expedition to explore Nova Scotia and Massachusetts. This was 90 years before Columbus 'discovered America'! Prince Henry Sinclair was the subject of historian Frederick J. Pohl's Atlantic Crossings Before Columbus, which was published in 1961. Not all historians agreed with Pohl, but he made a highly convincing case that this blond, sea-going Scot, born at Rosslyn Castle near Edinburgh in 1345, not only wandered about mainland Nova Scotia in 1398, but also lived among the Micmacs long enough to be remembered through centuries as the man-god Glooscap...

source

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

A little girl.

A little girl who?

A little girl who can't reach the doorbell!

Edited by Jackalgirl

Nova Soctia Fact:

0e3f5a1d-a279-4f23-8ab5-b9f9d03fda70.jpg

Hylonomus lyelli was declared the Provincial Fossil of Nova Scotia in 2002.

Hylonomus lyelli is the oldest known reptile in the world, dating back 315 million years.

It is the ancestor of subsequent reptiles, including dinosaurs and, much later, mammals.

Nova Scotia–born geologist Sir William Dawson first discovered Hylonomus lyelli in the mid-1800s.

It had a very slender body and reached 20 centimetres in length, including the tail.

Hylonomus lyelli was an insectivore and used its small, sharp teeth to feed on millipedes and insects.

Knock Knock Joke:

Knock, knock

Who's There?

Ivan.

Ivan who?

Ivan to suck your blood!!

:blink::):D:):D

Nova Scotia Fact:

b07e575b-c9aa-4a50-800f-c4fc30759a38.jpg

The mace is the ancient symbol of Royal authority, originally used as a battle weapon carried by the royal bodyguard.

When the House of Assembly is in session, the mace is the symbol of the Speaker's authority to conduct the business of the House.

The mace is always in the care of the Sergeant-at-Arms of the House of Assembly.

Knock Knock Joke:

Knock knock

Who's there?

Omelet

Omelet who?

Omelet smarter than I look!

:blink::):D:):D:cool::cool: