Are there any free magellan maps?

blb9556

Maps4me is no longer free. However, the member price is only $7.50US and you get a year subscription and unlimited downloads. The selection is limited, but you can't beat the price. And the maps are pretty darn good I think. Of course, I have nothing to compare them to.

That's as close to free as you're going to get! Pretty good deal too.

Does anyone know if the maps on maps4me work for an old Magellan Meridian Gold? Thanks. I just bought a Meridian Gold still in original packaging, never opened on a garage sale for $10. I could not pass it up. I have the old mapsend software but I thought the Maps4me maps may be better.

Does anyone know if the maps on maps4me work for an old Magellan Meridian Gold? Thanks. I just bought a Meridian Gold still in original packaging, never opened on a garage sale for $10. I could not pass it up. I have the old mapsend software but I thought the Maps4me maps may be better.

Thats a great deal on the Gold which is a fine caching GPS..........you may need to upgrade the firmware.

If you do you can load all 48 states on a 2G card ( or 1 G )....I travel all around the country and still use the old Mapsend maps with no problems....they compare favorably with the maps on a new 60 CSx.

For the Tritons and I believe most Explorist and even the Crossover you can use Mapsend Topo 3D to set your main and on top of them make some maps out of Mobile Atlas Creator -Google Earth, and Terrain, what ever you like for what ever areas you need and they are free. Triton RMP also lets you use paper map scans to make RMP maps that can also be used. The RMP's can't be used on the Crossover, just the MapSend ones can. With most magellans getting your maps for free are very easy except for MapSend. You have to buy that. The only thing I'm missing is a good contour map that is better than Google terrain. Those maps just don't show too well outdoors.