Viewing a Cache Page brings the GC.com error page up.

sawblade5

The problem is only occurring with my IE 6 Browser. I am not sure if its going on with IE 7 and I refuse to install it because I am now using FireFox instead and a new IE would just make my computer slower because the way MS installs stuff (I recently had to degrade my windows for that reason). I would quit using IE6 for a browser if GSAK would use FF instead but by default and I can't seem to change that I can't make it do that.

Now that why I should upgrade my IE stuff has been commented on, and I wont keep getting quoted on get IE upgraded now.

The error I am having to deal with is only occurring when I try to view a cache WebPage while logged out form gc.com. For Example I am trying to view theCache Here in IE-6 I get the error box saying to submit what I have been doing to cause the error, while on the other hand on FireFox 3 I get the regular Cache Page which the message that is saying Please Log In. I used to actually get that same page that I am currently getting on FF3 on my IE6 but for some reason in the last few weeks it has changed to that error page. Now when I am logged in I get the basic cache page on both browsers so its not happing there and it does not matter rather I found the cache or not I get the same error page and BTW these are happening with both subscriber and non subscriber caches too.

This problem is currently more less a nusense, but it will get worse if I start getting the same error page when I am logged on those same cache pages. Please post if your having the same problem outside IE6 or any other browser or post if the problem has been fixed.

If you are logged in under your account using Firefox on the website, it's not unexpected that you'd get an error message when trying to call up a cache page in GSAK's split screen. You need to login again under Internet Explorer from within GSAK.

To do that, click on the GC.com logo to be taken to the GC.com homepage, and login as you normally would.

I had the same problem a long time ago. I am strictly using Firefox and my GSAK opens in firefox. In the FireFox settings or internet options you need to make Firefox the defaault browser or something like that so that all of the things you want to open up for the internet open in firefox.

I am not at my computer so I can't remember how to do it off the top of my head. Once you figure out that setting GSAK will open up in Firefox.

When I get home later tonight I will check the forums to see if you have figured it out. If you haven't, I will try and see what the setting should be.

I had the same problem a long time ago. I am strictly using Firefox and my GSAK opens in firefox. In the FireFox settings or internet options you need to make Firefox the defaault browser or something like that so that all of the things you want to open up for the internet open in firefox.

That works for opening full web pages, but GSAK can't load Firefox in the split screen view.