Access Field Notes From BlackBerry 8330

Pokedad59

This has worked in the past but today when posting a field note "Found" from Geocache Navigator on my BlackBerry Curve 8330, I went to access my field notes while logged into geocaching.com and I couldn't access. It would display that I needed to be logged in even though I was logged in.

Sorry I can't answer any high tech questions, but I have a few. One is, I was thinking of getting a Blackberry and I was wondering how I could use it as far as Geocacheing. Do you use it as a GPS or can you download to your GPS? I know probably a dumb question, but can You help?

Owen

Sorry I can't answer any high tech questions, but I have a few. One is, I was thinking of getting a Blackberry and I was wondering how I could use it as far as Geocacheing. Do you use it as a GPS or can you download to your GPS? I know probably a dumb question, but can You help?

Owen

There's software called CacheBerry. But I'd recommend you ask in the GPS and Technology forum.

I like my Blackberry and finds it does well caching using the GPS. I travel a lot to visit relatives and using Geocache Navigator and the Blackberry makes "opportunistic" caching fantastic since most of the area I travel to are to urban cities where 1 PQ would barely cover a few miles. You can download Geocache Navigator from Handmark for about $40 and it is good for a full year. (Much better than the $7 per month with my old phone!)

It is really nice that I can be almost anywhere and decide to pull up caches around me. The GPS is pretty darn accurate for most uses. I wouldn't cache in the woods with it but for nice urban/suburban caching it works great.

LSUMonica

I was hoping the responses would be related to my original post.

I take it you are using Geocaching Navigator. You never did say whether the field notes don't appear or whether the issue was that you can't access from GN.

Double check to make sure your phone is linked to your account. Mine came unlinked at one time and once I was able to link it again, all of the caches that I posted field notes appeared.

Edited by LSUMonica

As originally stated, the feature has worked for quite a while in the past. I can certainly post my finds in field notes via Geocache Navigator. That is not the issue. I posted this problem in the geocaching.com section but this discussion thread has gone down a different tangent. Let me reiterate the problem: When I log into geocaching.com from my Blackberry Curve 8330, I cannot access my field notes (remember...as stated in the beginning of this response...THIS HAS WORKED FLAWLESSLY FOR QUITE A WHILE!) Even though I am logged on to geocaching.com when I click on the "Access My Field Notes" link it won't take me there and displays that I need to log in first. I try logging in again and still nothing. I am able to access field notes from my PC without a problem but why can't I do it from my Blackberry now when I never had a problem before?

Still not working today... how frustrating. It used to work and now it doesn't. When I post my find from GeocacheNavigator I used to be able to access my field notes via my BlackBerry Curve 8330 and post the find so that next time I searched the area, the found cache would not be displayed. Am I the only person in the world with this problem?

Still not working today... how frustrating. It used to work and now it doesn't. When I post my find from GeocacheNavigator I used to be able to access my field notes via my BlackBerry Curve 8330 and post the find so that next time I searched the area, the found cache would not be displayed. Am I the only person in the world with this problem?

I had a problem with my data service (Verizon) for the past few days and when I called Verizon to get it fixed they told me that Blackberry did some messing around with their server; Verizon ended up having to push the browser service back into my phone; after that I have network access again. If you are also missing the browser, then I would suggest calling your wireless data service provider to get your service fully restored.

No problem with the browser; in fact, I'm accessing right now through my BlackBerry. I can also access geocaching.com through the browser on my BlackBerry and log in; however, when I click on "access field notes" it doesn't take me there, rather it tells me I need to log in even though I'm already freekin logged in!

Pokedad59

I've have this problem with my 8310 for about a month and posted a question about it about a month ago after the last website change, wondering if that had something to do with it, but I got no responses.

Sorry to see that you're having troubles too, but I'm glad to see that it's not just me having the problem.

The problem occurs whether I'm using the Media Net browser, which I have set to display CSS, Javascript and everything or the BlackBerry browsers, which I have setup to not load all the extra stuff.

It's a pain because there's no way to double check to make sure you've logged a cache as found.