Garmin Venture Unit w/ direct Download Issues

49rFan

I have a Garmin Venture HC and I'm having some difficulty loading caches directly to the unit. It did it once, then said it was not detecting a unit. I downloaded the requisite plug-ins and even tested it on the test plug-in...It said it's working fine, but then it doesn't recognize the unit when I try to direct load.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Here is something you can check quickly:

Right click on :My Computer

click Manage

click Device Manager

click Ports (Com & LPT1)

Look for any yellow highlighted items

--------

Sometimes you can click the offending line and it will take you to a screen where you will be walked through reinstalling driver software.

As an alternative you may want to back out of this area and simply retry the driver install.

---------

Remember that the modem speed should in device manager should match your software. (usually 9600)

---------

Also, if GSAK or other software shows more than one port available try the other one.

Hope this helps.

I have a Garmin Venture HC and I'm having some difficulty loading caches directly to the unit. It did it once, then said it was not detecting a unit. I downloaded the requisite plug-ins and even tested it on the test plug-in...It said it's working fine, but then it doesn't recognize the unit when I try to direct load.

Any ideas?

I am guessing you are trying to send to GPS from Geocaching.com website. Try to close the browser window, unplug the USB cable from the GPS, and make sure the GPS is on. Plug the GPS back into the computer and look at the display to see if it is using computer power. If so, start the browser and log into your account; then try again. You might get a pop up window asking if it is ok; click yes and it should start working. If this does not work, install Garmin's web updater software and try this. Maybe your GPS software is out of date.

Let us know,

Joe