Garmin GPSMap 60CSx for $159.99 at Amazon

just checked and it came up the sell price, went to check out and it changed. called amazon and they said they can change prices at any time. oh well.

I think they did a couple of times today...I was fortunate and got the $159.99 price. "Super Saver" shipping was not offered at that price though, so the total with shipping came to $174.60. Still and outstanding deal.

If you're really interested it might pay to hit that link from time to time to see if you can catch it at the lower price.

Bill

Yes, the 60CSx is being discontinued next year. Grab them while you can, they won't be available for much longer.

(sorry, just adding to the hysteria)

Personally, I think Garmin will keep this one around for awhile since it's so popular. I think the deep discounts are just a way for the retailers to move some merchandise very quickly, considering the lackluster season.

Just ordered myself one. I had the Venture on my wishlist but for this price I had to get the 60CSx

I'm so excited I just had to share.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPSMap-60CSx-...id=9EJCSLP5MJK#

Sorry, just checked again, and they sold out

Congrats! I have been using a 60csx for almost 2 years and it is the best unit I have ever owned! I use it for everything: geocaching, car navigation, trip planning. There are lots of tips and tricks that you can use with this unit, just do a search on the internet. And, Garmin customer support is world class, I will never own another brand.

Tool_Man

Just ordered myself one. I had the Venture on my wishlist but for this price I had to get the 60CSx

ARGH!!! I bought one from Amazon right before this price drop!!! I wonder if they have one of those "if the price drops we'll match it......" deals

ARGH!!! I bought one from Amazon right before this price drop!!! I wonder if they have one of those "if the price drops we'll match it......" deals

They used to have a price guarantee, but got rid of that policy around September of last year. Unfortunate.

Checked Amazon this morning and it was $280ish. Over to the right side, it listed other places to purchase but the listing for Target did not have a price until you add to cart. Added to cart and it was $159.99 +shipping +tax, so I bought it. Checked Target website and it was $159.99 with free shipping. Canceled Amazon order and went back to Target site only to find it was out of stock. Went back to Amazon and the Target link was gone. Ooops, tried to save $7 and ended up with nothing.

After calling Amazon to see if I could get my order back, they said that they were sorry (since Target was out of stock) but I could buy from Amazon (at the higher price). Called Target and they said they were sorry and that it would be back in stock in a few weeks (but not necessarily at same price). Can't blame anyone but myself.

Hmmm, I wondered whether my canceled order would be returned to stock and that the unit is just stuck in the ether? Checked Amazon and Target 10 minutes later and saw that the Target link had reappeared on the Amazon page (again, no price). I added it to the cart and it was $159.99 +shipping +tax. Bought it again from Amazon (if you can't learn from your mistakes...). Didn't check the Target site; already been down that road.

Hope this is helpful.

Well the Legend Hcx is now 169 if anyone is interested.

http://www.target.com/eTrex-Legend-HCx-Per...rmin&page=2

Or the eTrex Vista HCx for $165 is an even better deal!

LINK

Its a good deal but I dont think its a better deal than the 60csx @$159. :angry:

I meant better than the Legend HCx for 169, that's why i quoted him. Of course the 60CSx is the best deal at 159.

Well, I just checked and the price is back up to $270. Consider yourself lucky to have gotten in on that deal. As short lived as it was.

They seem to do that. Knock a price down, then back up. About the only way to track it is to put everthing you would ever want to buy in your shopping cart. Then check your cart. Price updates are displayed in a table.

THE Incredible deal appear and quickly disappear last night at about 11:33 PM , But in that slice of time, I order one with $159.99! Great JOY, although I got a Vista HCx @ $165.99, but this one seems need more lucky to grasp.

Yes, I saw it too but it was too late. Still checking the site....

I'm going to try to get this deal.

Just to clarify on how to do this, I go to the 60csx link provided above for the Amazon page, and refresh frequently until the price listed at the top center of the page says "click here to see price" (typically it says something like $298.00), and then at that point I go for it? Is that all there is? Someone said put it in my shopping cart, and then do I refresh that link to get the Target deal?

Thanks!!!

"I go to the 60csx link provided above for the Amazon page, and refresh frequently until the price listed at the top center of the page says "click here to see price" (typically it says something like $298.00), and then at that point I go for it?"

Yes.

"Is that all there is? Someone said put it in my shopping cart"

Yes - add to shopping cart. You will then see the actual price which hopefully will be $159.99. If you don't like the price, remove it from your cart. If you like the price, continue to checkout.

I bought one from one of the online companies back in December. I got my unit fast, and in good shape. Could not be happier. I got the same $159 price too. It was Target.com in my case. I think it was an overstock problem that they needed to correct. Those companies pay inventory tax on all this stuff this time of year, so it's a great time to snatch a deal.

For those looking to get a good deal like this ($159.00) try using www.pricespider.com . That is how I got mine. It is a website that runs a "spider" program which searches the net 24/7 till it finds the deal you are looking for. It costs nothing to use by the way. Good hunting!

did the lucky people that bought at this price receive their units? Just wondering cause yesterday there was a great discount on the colorado and everyone that ordered it is being contacted now with the fact that it was a mistaken price....