Hmm . . . Do I give a hint?

New puzzle cache, been live since the weekend, no FTF yet, people appear to be having some difficulty with the puzzle (which was, of course, the whole point in making it a puzzle cache in the first place ::o).

Now I could make life easy for people and give them a hint/tell them how to solve it . . . but imagining some of the annoying sods who get the FTFs on *everything* struggling with it is *fun* (ok, that probably makes me an evil git. ::o)

I'm not going to give a hint *yet*, because there's one bod who reckons he's sussed how it works and if he has then he deserves a chance at the FTF, but if no FTF is forthcoming, how long do I leave it?

New puzzle cache, been live since the weekend, no FTF yet, people appear to be having some difficulty with the puzzle (which was, of course, the whole point in making it a puzzle cache in the first place :<_<).

Now I could make life easy for people and give them a hint/tell them how to solve it . . . but imagining some of the annoying sods who get the FTFs on *everything* struggling with it is *fun* (ok, that probably makes me an evil git. ::))

I'm not going to give a hint *yet*, because there's one bod who reckons he's sussed how it works and if he has then he deserves a chance at the FTF, but if no FTF is forthcoming, how long do I leave it?

Leave it as it is. Make them really suffer over Christmas and New Year. If no one has found it by Easter then you might want to reconsider...

MrsB :):D;)

No-one can answer that except you! It depends on how long you want the cache to remain unfound, and/or how many finds you want per year. Give the answer away in the hint if you like...or leave it difficult if you prefer. You can make the cache virtually impossible to find if you want.

Exactly!

What DO you want?

(A number of cachers I know filter out and disregard "puzzle caches")

Edited by Lost in Space

Make them really suffer over Christmas and New Year.

Sounds as though it is the placer that is "suffering"...........

Nah, he's not suffering... he's just starting to suffering a few guilt twinges. Be strong! :)

Seriously though, Mr Squid, you wanted it to be difficult and presumably you set the difficulty rating accordingly? (I haven't bothered to look on your profile for the cache as yet - too busy making mince pies) Plenty of cachers will relish something a bit challenging over the holiday period so I'd leave it for a couple of weeks at least.

Merry crimbo <_<

MrsB

New puzzle cache, been live since the weekend, no FTF yet, people appear to be having some difficulty with the puzzle (which was, of course, the whole point in making it a puzzle cache in the first place :<_<).

Now I could make life easy for people and give them a hint/tell them how to solve it . . . but imagining some of the annoying sods who get the FTFs on *everything* struggling with it is *fun* (ok, that probably makes me an evil git. ::))

As long as it takes... MWHAHAHAHA

No-one can answer that except you! It depends on how long you want the cache to remain unfound, and/or how many finds you want per year. Give the answer away in the hint if you like...or leave it difficult if you prefer. You can make the cache virtually impossible to find if you want.

Exactly!

What DO you want?

(A number of cachers I know filter out and disregard "puzzle caches")

Yep!

I just looked and decided that someone has been either peeling labels from a Rubic's Cube, or had a massive blow-out playing Tetris!!

Anything like this is only going to be attempted by those that seriously like puzzles.

A couple of days without a FTF?... You'll be lucky if it's not weeks. Surely you realised that when you devised it?

Edited by careygang

Double post ..Dohh Thats what happens if your connection drops in mid posting!

11 minutes apart! -Time zones?

Nice theory :shocked:

My connection dropped as I hit 'Add Reply' and then when it came back I assumed that it hadn't gone as I was still on the compose message screen, so I hit 'Add Reply' again... Next time I'll look at the posting to see if it got through :shocked: