Question about Cachemata & GSAK

CachinSpree

I am getting a new computer and would to know if I will have to purchase Cachemate and GSAK again for it. Also, I am going to have my old one restored to original and have the same question about it? Will I have to purchased them again? Thanks for your help - CachinSpree

You shouldn't have to. Just make sure you still have the registration code you got when you paid for your GSAK (assuming that you did) and re-enter the code after installing the software. Cachmate runs on your PDA. There again you need to save any registration information that was e-mailed to you when you purchased your copy of cachemate.

To add to the GSAK discussion, GSAK is licensed to the USER, not the COMPUTER. As such you can legally have GSAK on your desktop, laptop or any other computer you use just as long as your the ONLY user of GSAK. If there are multiple users you need multiple licenses.

As for 64 bit Vista, yes hot sync will not work. However if your Palm PDA has a SD card you can use GSAK to export the palm files directly to the card (Palm->Launcher directory) and cachemate will pick the file up from there. You can also install cachemate by putting the .prc files on the Palm in the above directory. The sticky comes when you want to import back into GSAK. Cachemate when it gets the file on the SD card installs it on the handheld. Any changes to the database, like logs, happens on the handheld not the SD card. Palm software does not have means of moving the database file to the SD card. Here you can use fileman to copy the cachemate file from the handheld to the SD card. Then when you import to GSAK just point it at the SD card file instead of the normal palm backup directory file like you would have with hot sync. THere is a trial period on fileman so you can try it out before you spend the $12 on a license.

Jim