printing PDF format from Firefox

tomtwogates

:) This has probably been covered, but please bear with me. I have seen the light and changed to Firefox as my internet browser and am extremely happy - no more "can't display" or frozen screens!

<_<Now however when I try to use the 5 log option to print the cache page, which used to format it one one page in landscape format, now with Firefox it goes portrait and over two pages - now i am all for saving the forests and appeal for help with this printing.

:) thanks in anticipation and hope you all have a great Christmas and a great caching 2009!

Now however when I try to use the 5 log option to print the cache page, which used to format it one one page in landscape format, now with Firefox it goes portrait and over two pages - now i am all for saving the forests and appeal for help with this printing.

I have never before printed from IE, and had a look on my machine. In IE i get the "----- fold here ---" line, but FireFox it does not come up at all. I tried to manipulate the PDF file from FireFox, but was unable to even set up the printer to print 2 pages per sheet.

I suppose Groundspeak might have two different PDF file formats.

Go paperless. Once you have tried it you never go back.

I had an old Palm Pilot, which was stolen (sight seeing), and then bought a colour Palm Pilot on bidorbuy for R300.00 and use the cachmate software ($5.00 i think it was). Best way to cache.

Only time I use paper is with a puzzle cache.

I use Firefox extensively, but I've never tried outputting a PDF so I can't help.

But, as another alternative, I download GPX files to my cellphone, and use "SmartGPX" (available for free).

Needs a phone which handles Symbian software (I use a Nokia N70), and works like a dream.

We haven't printed a listing for ages. <_<

<_< I know that I should be saving the trees - my cellphone is the simplest there is and it is only a phone - I am what can be described technically challenged and do hope I can get the printing solved - the way I can do it is to cut and paste the web address into IE and then print it from there, but that is what I want to avoid. :)

I would love the answer to this problem too...printing from IE explorer and when the PDF opens it prints landscape...but it appears it was formatted for portait with the ----fold here---- line and the punch hole guides on the left....

I have tried setting print options and preferences, etc...but I can't get it to print in portrait format....