Pocket Queries

tomwilson74

I signed up as a premium member and also to get pocket queries. I picked thursday as a day for notification. I still haven't heard anything in my email about the PQ's. Can someone explain just exactly what they are and how it works. I don't really understand much about them since it is a new thing with me. thanks

Pocket querries can take a bit to get used to. you got to make sure you checked a day for it to run. Remember that if today is monday the quickest you can run one is tuesday. If you check monday it will be next monday before you get anything.

Always preview your search after you submit it to make sure you are going to get what you want. After you do it a few times you'll get it.

Pocket querries can take a bit to get used to. you got to make sure you checked a day for it to run. Remember that if today is monday the quickest you can run one is tuesday. If you check monday it will be next monday before you get anything.

Always preview your search after you submit it to make sure you are going to get what you want. After you do it a few times you'll get it.

Did this just change in the past few weeks? When I first signed up I created a few new queries, checked the current day and they ran almost instantly.

Not True!!! - I often will get a new PQ within 5 minutes after setting it up and asking it run. Same day!

Actually, that's not true. If today is Monday and you check Monday, it will run shortly after you submit it.

But do preview your search before checking a day to run, to verify that the results are what you intended.

Yeah, I checked Mon and Tue. And my headache is finally over!! Finally figured how to load the caches into my Magellan explorist 500. I posted several topics here and emailed several people and they helped me figure it out. I want to thank them very much. Plus the 30 or so people who posted a reply on my questions. Now that I know how, I wonder what the big deal was, it seems so easy now. I'll admit that it is easier to load them into my Garmin but I like the color on the Magellan. Thanks again!!