My Geocaching Bag

wavector

I just grabbed my geocaching bag after a period where I hadn't been very active and I did an inventory. The contents are a snapshot of my geocaching activity. I emptied it right out and made a list. I think it would

be interesting to see inside your geocaching bag. So how about it, post a snapshot of your geocaching bag?

Ready to Go

8505a668-b9fb-49b4-aaa7-c4e05770f721.jpg

My Geocaching Bag

79d1b2c6-f403-4c19-b067-2682b1ecc960.jpg

The contents of my bag with some explanations:

My dog Ana.

Screen Protectors - A package of screen protectors, swag. I use these handy dandy Radio Shack specials on both my GPS and my digital camera.

Rope: This is a bundle I keep in my geocaching bag because rope is handy, I have found stray dogs several times while out caching.

A flashlight, swag and handy to have if I need it for something else.

A "Cat in the Hat Came Back" book and a "Cat in the Hat" Game CD. I am collecting these "Cat in the Hat" themed items for a cache I am planning, I like starting caches with themed goods.

The box for my Oregon 400T, my wife actually put it in the bag because I had it sitting out and she knows exactly why I bought it. ;)

Night-glo creatures, more themed swag for Esplanight.

A piece of bark, the raw materials for a "clue" rebuild, collected a while ago.

A Leathermen Fuse.

A Colorado pin.

Spare note books.

Other geocachers signature items, my favourite thing to find in a cache, I found item's from these geocachers in my bag; DMVC, The Ski Bum, OU8Alizzard, Dr Webe and a card from the GeoCache Junkies(Jezebel1967, Joxer and MaggieL).

A cache "Finders Card" for local cacher marmelkascar's cache "Drive You Nuts".

A 9-11 Commemorative dollar given to me by a fellow geocacher at the first Geocoinfest in Temecula where I had the extraordinary pleasure of meeting geocachers/geocoiners like Moun10Bike, Cornerstone4 and AtlantaGal just to name a few, I put a lot of pictures in my log for that cache. I met many other wonderful geocachers but unfortunately I haven't yet met avroair who managed to miss his flight, which is particularly ironic given that his geocaching handle makes me think he owns a private jet. :D

I found four Travel bugs.

A trackable "Unite for Diabetes" geocoin.

A trackable Celtic Cross geocoin making it's first journey, just released by a new geocacher.

An empty shell casing picked up while "Benchmarking" near Havre, Montana.

A musket ball found in the Cypress Hills on a geocaching adventure.

A Rendez-vous 2008 geocoin.

An Arctic Nomads personal geocoin.

A Def-con geocoin.

Notebooks.

Mini-bic pencils.

A compass.

A camera.

My Oregon 400T.

Normally I don't carry the items in the bottom right of the picture.

19 Alberta Wild Rose geocoins that belong to the AGWG, these beautifiul geocoins were manufactured by my friend Mike at The Geocoinstore, the same place you go to buy Signal Geocoins. The design was created by Alberta geocacher and artist, peanutbutterbreadandjam with help from a group of Alberta geocachers. These 19 Wild Rose coins are part of a series. Right beside those Wild Rose geocoins are nineteen of the metal "I am a traveller, Don't Keep Me" geotags that are made by Oakcoins and designed to be attached to travelling geocoins.

Well I looked at that thread Kit and there a few photographs but there isn't one from you?

Grab your camera and take a pic so we can see your bag? I hope you actually have one. :(

The Search Feature is handy for sure and truth be told there are a lot more threads than just those two as I discovered when I searched. Thanks for the links but what would be really good would be a picture of your bag taken after you just grab it and empty it out on the floor.

I bet your bag would be one of the really interesting ones.

Edited by wavector

time to get those coins in circulation! How long have you been holding them? :(

I have been holding the Unite for Diabetes geocoin since the Rendez-vous Mega Event cache in Quebec, I found out I was holding it just last week. :D

The Celtic Star geocoin is a trackable and I have had it for about 10 days or so, I picked it up in a cache just recently.

The DefCon geocoin, the Rendez-vous geocoin and the Arctic Nomads geocoins are all new unactivated geocoins - The Rendez-vous geocoin is intended as a gift and will be given away this weekend. The DefCon geocoin is a donation to a geocaching event to be used as a prize. The Arctic Nomads geocoin was obtained in a face to face trade at the Rendez-vous and it will be a keeper. When I get a chance to drop it in my keeper box I will do that.

The nineteen other geocoins shown in the picture will be given away, after all it is Christmas. When and how they will be given away may have been determined. :P

Well I looked at that thread Kit and there a few photographs but there isn't one from you?

Grab your camera and take a pic so we can see your bag? I hope you actually have one. :(

The Search Feature is handy for sure and truth be told there are a lot more threads than just those two as I discovered when I searched. Thanks for the links but what would be really good would be a picture of your bag taken after you just grab it and empty it out on the floor.

I bet your bag would be one of the really interesting ones.

I posted mine.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=3753130

th_Gear.jpg

Added to my kit but not pictured:

MSR Pocket Rocket Stove + Titanium Kettle

1 Mountain House dehydrated dinner

Katadyn Vario Water Filtration System

Bear Spray + homebrew holster

1 small roll of double sided velcro

1 5'x7' tarp

Carbon fiber trekking poles (retired the old ones)

3 pack of dry sacks (water proof storage bags)

20' 6mm rope

1 additional firestarting rod/magnesium stick.

1 set of boot gaiters.

1 medium weight set of thermal long underwear

1 watchcap

1 set of Superfeet Green insoles.

Badlands 2200 Backpack

8f4673ab-271b-4e7e-a2ac-4da6ddb14ad4.jpg

I took some new pictures today. Excluded are my water bladders, two knives, and my REI trekking poles.

th_Gear-2.jpg

th_Gear--bag.jpg

Cool.

Your kit is full on survival mode, trying to survive on my kit would be difficult, but I have some nice swag!

Thanks for posting the pictures Kit, I like the look of your kit. <_< Unintended word play there.

I tried the backpack when I first started but I found it was little hard to get on and off when I reached the cache site so I went looking for the messenger bag.

We do carry some similar items and I think your gear would be ideal for a couple of backcountry caches I own.

I am not going to ask you what you carry when you go for the park and grabs. :ph34r:

Cool.

Your kit is full on survival mode, trying to survive on my kit would be difficult, but I have some nice swag!

Thanks for posting the pictures Kit, I like the look of your kit. <_< Unintended word play there.

I tried the backpack when I first started but I found it was little hard to get on and off when I reached the cache site so I went looking for the messenger bag.

We do carry some similar items and I think your gear would be ideal for a couple of backcountry caches I own.

I am not going to ask you what you carry when you go for the park and grabs. :huh:

When I find the occasional P & G, the bag usually sits in my vehicle. :ph34r:

This is the type of terrain I hike in.

th_chuteuphill.jpg

th_Mt-Williamson.jpg

th_C-119-Debris-field.jpg

th_C46-Tail.jpg

Edited by Kit Fox

When I find the occasional P & G, the bag usually sits in my vehicle. <_<

th_Mt-Williamson.jpg

This is a nice picture and reminiscent of some of my back country caches.

If you ever get up to the Hat to go geocaching drop me a line and I will give you a list of caches in places you will like. I like the back country caches but I also like almost any well designed cache or even just a nice container sometimes.

If you have a geocaching bag folks it would be really cool to just empty it out and take a picture.

Let us see the inside of your geocaching bag - :ph34r:

Do you cache with a GPS and a pen - You will be surprised to see what some people carry?

Do you carry a complete kit? Spot anything that you don't carry, do carry?

Place a picture of your geocaching bag here so we can see. Thanks for sharing.

Basic kit: (click it for more)

3060901812_efcab49bc2_m.jpg

I don't have a pic of my full-on kit as I'm playing with a VOMP. It's taking a bit to get used it. I might do a combination of VOMP and pack/pouch. I like the access to pockets, but prefer everything being out of the way on my back. I'm also interested in a sling-type pouch like a versipack.

I had to google VOMP. That looks like my geocaching event vest but mine was made by Columbia.

I never actually tried my vest on the trails. We went to an event in Great Falls and when my wife saw how many cachers had that type of vest she got me one for my birthday. I tihnk she was expecting I would cache in it. :):) (Well I wear it to events and that counts.)

The versipack looks cool, I like my messenger bag because it is carried on the side and I see the versipack can be carried that way as well. The side carry packs are easy to put down and pick up, mine carries a lot of stuff and I can reach in and grab items with no problems.

Thanks for sharing CR, you travel very light.

If you are a geocacher who has a geocaching bag then maybe you could empyt it out and snap a pic for this thread, I would liek that and I bet other readers would as well. Thanks

If you are a geocacher who has a geocaching bag then maybe you could empyt it out and snap a pic for this thread, I would liek that and I bet other readers would as well. Thanks

Sorry, posted a photo of our geocaching bags, but was a bit embarrassed to empty them out because as of right now they are a mess! Perhaps this thread will get me in gear to organize. I'm sure my husband would also appreciate it. <_<

When I find the occasional P & G, the bag usually sits in my vehicle. <_<

th_Mt-Williamson.jpg

If you ever get up to the Hat to go geocaching drop me a line and I will give you a list of caches in places you will like. I like the back country caches but I also like almost any well designed cache or even just a nice container sometimes.

Thanks for the offer, I hope to visit Canada once in my life.

I had to summit that mountain for the second time because my C-46 Crash Site Cache was reported missing. The uphill part isn't too bad, but descending the scree slope for several miles hurts the knees.

th_Trip-Topo.jpg

Edited by Kit Fox
I had to google VOMP. That looks like my geocaching event vest but mine was made by Columbia.

VOMP = Vest Of Many Pockets.

Mines made by Royal Robbins. I wanted one that is light weight. Sissy bought one last year and I was impressed with the quality. Modern light weight materials can be pretty darn tough. I've been buying pants and shorts made of this stuff and I'm starting to prefer it over the cotton/canvas stuff.

What I don't like about a VOMP is putting so much stuff in the front pockets that it bangs and flops around. I don't know, I'll probably get used to it.

Thanks for sharing CR, you travel very light.

You're welcome. It's simply the minimum kit we grab if we have to walk more than a few feet from the truck. It's a convenience thing. It's like saying, "If I walk over there, what would I reasonably need to find the cache? What is more inconvenient to carry if I don't need it versus the convenience of not having to walk back to the truck?" I then base my total kit I carry on that. Being modular helps.

As a tadpole and newbie ...thanks for the pics and notes on geocaching "kits" ... I'll have some things to look for besides caches. With 8,000+ caches around the GTA I might get by with the basic kit ...tho I could use an Ana to keep me company

Welcome to the geocaching forums ImaMystic. The best geocachers are four legged! If you geocache with a dog like I do then you will discover that your dog really prefers certain caches. My dog actually knows where most of my caches are hidden and she gets really excited when I park in certain places. She really likes a nice walk in the park.

You can't have my Ana!! <_<

She is a first generation cockapoo and she is the second dog of this type that I have owned. First generation cockapoos are robust, friendly and very smart, I think they are the perfect dog.

Thanks for posting, let us know what type of geocaching bag you get by posting a pic here.

Sorry, posted a photo of our geocaching bags, but was a bit embarrassed to empty them out because as of right now they are a mess! Perhaps this thread will get me in gear to organize. I'm sure my husband would also appreciate it. :)

I wasn't trying to embarass you and I appreciate your posting a pic of your bag. The contents just provide other people with some insight into your geocaching. Geocachers carry such a wide range of goods for geocaching, it is very surprising to see what comes out of geocaching bags. It is great to see the wide variety of approaches, every person finds their own fun in this activity.

So don't worry about the contents, I don't want to see how neat you are. <_<

So if you are reading maybe you could just empty out your bag and take snapshot, it would be appreciated and maybe a new geocacher can get some valuable ideas.

When I find the occasional P & G, the bag usually sits in my vehicle. :)

th_Mt-Williamson.jpg

Thanks for the offer, I hope to visit Canada once in my life.

I had to summit that mountain for the second time because my C-46 Crash Site Cache was reported missing. The uphill part isn't too bad, but descending the scree slope for several miles hurts the knees.

th_Trip-Topo.jpg

That looks like a "high adventure factor" cache for sure. I am amazed you went up there and didn't take a replacement cache.

I understand why you carry a meal pack in your kit. <_<

I would like to see that site even if there isn't a cache there, very cool.

I wasn't trying to embarass you and I appreciate your posting a pic of your bag. The contents just provide other people with some insight into your geocaching. Geocachers carry such a wide range of goods for geocaching, it is very surprising to see what comes out of geocaching bags. It is great to see the wide variety of approaches, every person finds their own fun in this activity.

So don't worry about the contents, I don't want to see how neat you are. <_<

So if you are reading maybe you could just empty out your bag and take snapshot, it would be appreciated and maybe a new geocacher can get some valuable ideas.

That's the truth!

When making the decisions on what to take it pays to consider what you bring back with you. Consider the ickiness that you trade out of a wet and slimy cache. Do you really want to be putting that back in your bag to CITO without some sort of bio-hazard protection?

Maybe a thread for "Photos of Your Caching Kit AFTER the Trip!"

To tell you the truth I see little in the way of packing out of trash. I usually put empty snack wrappers in my pocket, but icky, slimy stuff? Sometimes we forget a plastic bag.

That looks like a "high adventure factor" cache for sure. I am amazed you went up there and didn't take a replacement cache.

I understand why you carry a meal pack in your kit. <_<

I would like to see that site even if there isn't a cache there, very cool.

I did but it hasn't been published yet. The replacement involves three stages, and four plane wrecks. I have to finish the first stage. :)

Note the camouflaged ammo can. That was the last time I overloaded my Alpine Explorer pack. I retired the old pack, and purchased the Badlands 2200.

th_Start.jpg

Here are the photo albums from my wreck site caches.

C-46

C-130

F-105

Edited by Kit Fox

Maybe a thread for "Photos of Your Caching Kit AFTER the Trip!"

To tell you the truth I see little in the way of packing out of trash. I usually put empty snack wrappers in my pocket, but icky, slimy stuff? Sometimes we forget a plastic bag.

That would make a good thread actually. <_<

I have traded the contents of a few caches completely out. New geocachers should know that the best way to get good stuff into a cache and stuff you don't like out of a cache is to trade it out. I trade out every "business card" I find, without fail. I leave a variety of items that I think kids or geocachers might like and thereby secure the valuable "business cards" for other uses.

I did keep and laminate a "business card" left by a Provincial Park ranger who visited one of my caches, I thought that was cool. The cache was in a Provincial Park, we can still do that in Alberta.

I did but it hasn't been published yet. The replacement involves three stages, and four plane wrecks. I have to finish the first stage. ;)

Note the camouflaged ammo can. That was the last time I overloaded my Alpine Explorer pack. I retired the old pack, and purchased the Badlands 2200.

When you publish I am going to put on my watchlist. :)

That looks like an absolutely excellent cache adventure.

You would never guess it but my side slung messenger bag can actually hold a .50 cal ammo can.

I fit one in there before I took it back out and gave to my oldest son to put in his backpack, kids are one the handiest things you can take caching. <_<

how long were you not caching? i'm surprised Ana survived in your bag that long! :)

reminds me i should go get mine out of my trunk and check on it.

thanks for the reminder.

I actually pondered whether or not I would become active again at all. A lot of people walk away from this activity for a variety of reasons, I almost did.

Ana will always be a geocacher at heart but she would survive without geocaching. She has been geocaching for her entire life. ;)

I think you should go get your bag out of the trunk and check on it, then maybe take a snapshot and post it up here so that we can see inside your geocaching bag! <_<

For new geocachers the geocaching bags offer a glimpse into the many many approaches that people take to this activity. I will be watching for your pic Smokey Bear Collector.

Well, all the new GPS owners are arriving at geocaching.com and many may become geocachers!

Now would be a good time to post a picture of your geocaching bag so that people interested in geocaching can see what we carry!

If you want to contribute then just take a snapshot and list what is in there.

If you post your picture here then I will hold a drawing for a brand new unactivated Albertosaurus geocoin to be given to one of the posters who posts a picture of their geocaching bag and it's contents. I will make the draw on New Year's day using a random number generator.

Actually, I will give away two Albertosaurus geocoins. One geocoin will be given to one of the geocachers who has already posted a picture of their bag on this thread. the other will be drawn and given to someone who posts after this message.

I will announce the winners here. I used the random number generator found here and I have the the first winner....

The winner of the first Albertosaurus geocoin is Post #7 which is mfamilee. Send me your snail mail mfamilee and I wil mail you a new unactivated Albertosaurus Geocoin. This geocoin is trackable on geocaching.com and has a custom icon, thanks for posting a picture of your geocaching bags mfamilee.

medicinehat-front_01-01.jpg

medicinehat-front-01.jpg

Edited by wavector

Okay, here is our Geocaching Bag:

Swag.jpg

Lots of swag, but there is more....

BandaidesandFlashlight.jpg

Band Aids, a flashlight and some replacement bags for travelers or log books.....

And....

BatteriesCompassandCalculater.jpg

A compass, a calculator and spare AA batteries......

And....

ReplacementsandPhone-A-Friendlist.jpg

Replacement log book, 35 MM cache container, and a Phone-A-Friend list (hey, you never know!!!!)

We carry our GPS unit, so it's not in the bag!

3.jpg

I use a backpack as my bag.

It contains:

2 GPS units 1 for me and 1 for my kids

Spare batteries

Cell phone is added at last minute

Flashlight

A small assortment of swag

A couple of coins and a TB

A replacement cache container with

Ziplock bags

Log books

several pencils

A replacement cache note

Pocketknife with a few odd blades

A trash bag

Lip balm

Small first aid box

Spare inhaler for my daughter

Epi pen for myself (as a result of 76 stings at one cache but I got FTF)

Last minute I always add water, snacks and extra bandaids

I also leave a note on my front window telling where we’re going.

Well, all the new GPS owners are arriving at geocaching.com and many may become geocachers!

Now would be a good time to post a picture of your geocaching bag so that people interested in geocaching can see what we carry!

If you want to contribute then just take a snapshot and list what is in there.

If you post your picture here then I will hold a drawing for a brand new unactivated Albertosaurus geocoin to be given to one of the posters who posts a picture of their geocaching bag and it's contents. I will make the draw on New Year's day using a random number generator.

Actually, I will give away two Albertosaurus geocoins. One geocoin will be given to one of the geocachers who has already posted a picture of their bag on this thread. the other will be drawn and given to someone who posts after this message.

I will announce the winners here. I used the random number generator found here and I have the the first winner....

The winner of the first Albertosaurus geocoin is Post #7 which is mfamilee. Send me your snail mail mfamilee and I wil mail you a new unactivated Albertosaurus Geocoin. This geocoin is trackable on geocaching.com and has a custom icon, thanks for posting a picture of your geocaching bags mfamilee.

medicinehat-front_01-01.jpg

medicinehat-front-01.jpg

Wow, thank you very much wavector! This was a very nice surprise especially since we weren't even aware there was a geocoin prize for posting. Sending our address to you... thanks a bunch! :blink:

gcbag.jpg

In my bag is:

GPS-Garmin Venture HC

2 notebooks

wind up flashlight

1 pair gardening gloves

swag

2 pens

2 pencils

wet wipes

extra batteries

small first aid kit

any trackables I have

In the car I try to keep an extra towel for muddy feet.

Will be interesting to see what else others carry.

Edited by kmmlynch

We use a large tote. It holds replacement caches, ammo cans, lock and lock, bottles, plastic bags, micros so when we are going around checking on our caches we can replace it is needed. Never know when we are going to find another perfect spot for a new cache. Also if we find a cache that needs fixing we help out. Then there is a manila envelope that holds log books, sheets, pen, pencils and extra this is a geocache information sheet with our names all ready on them. Then the large black bag has swag for filling up our caches and leaving at the caches we find. The book bag has our GPS, first aid kit because one of us is always getting hurt, extra batteries, TB's and coins we need to drop off, swag for leaving in the caches that day, notebook for keeping track of what we did that day, a trash bag for CITO. Then we have a cooler for drinks and snacks. We keep the tote in the back of our truck and take out the backpack to use for the day.

cd444073-ba9c-4997-927c-2fb5b81c8462.jpg

Hello!

Well, I have a small banana bag (is that the correct titile of the bag? I am talking about the small bag for the waist!), and a normal bag!

I am choosing what to use according to what I am carrying! If I have to climp or to go in a difficult place, or with difficult weather... I am taking the big one!

untitled1-1.jpg

Now, what I put inside.... I will place a list but as you can understand, it is according to the size of the bag!!!

Of course the list changes according to the weather, the situation etc! Except that, my sister and my brother in law have their own bags, so if for example my sister carries something, I do not take the same thing with me! :D

So.... you can see in my bag:

A hat for the sun, plastic bags just in case a cache needs one (good for water and moisture), maps, micro cache boxes just in case, log books, cards that I put in caches (they are discount cards), stickers, toys for the caches, key chains, wet handkerchiefs, jewells (earrings, broochs etc ) for trade in caches (some are silver!), a flash light, my eyeglass box with the cleaning handkerchief,, normal handkerchiefs, a lighter, pens to log or to place in caches, banknotes as a trade, coins as a trade too, my folding knife, military patches for trade, phonecards for the caches, plastic zip bags, my mobile case, sometimes an umbrella, my comb, tapes to fix caches and log books, sometimes alcohol for injuries, water, sanwiches and fruits, if the weather is cold: gloves etc,, an ointment for my back pain, sticking plasters, and of course if I have, tb's, geocoins etc, to drop, and of course, some other goodies for the caches!!

As I said, we mostly seperate them in our bags! :laughing:

If the bag is small, I just take the things I need mostly! :santa:

picture00042.jpg

picture00043.jpg

Posted this on another page but I guess it needs to go here. Yes, I do carry a caching bag........and I have used a vest but the bag wins out.

A neat cointest and thank you. Hope I don't need to unload the bag to win. Here is my Geobag - GEDC0022.jpg It was sold by a local outfitting company. On the front you see a small number of my "special" pins. Some came from Missions ~ those are very special.

What is in my bag (no particular order): spare mini-pencils and mini-pens, spare micro and nano logs, geostickers for logs, Geotype business cards with my contact info, a plastic card to measure on maps, tweezers (to extract nano logs), small scissors in a mini leatherman tool, my inhaler, spare set of batteries, Geo-U brochures about geocaching, a small notebook for notes, swag (this is an ever changing assortment), a compass, tissues, individually packed insect wipes, hand cleaner, tylenol, lip balm and usually some sort of snack. I carry water separately and of course my PDA and GPSr.

Again - thanks for the cointest and Happy New Year!

134439.jpg

I cache with a large fanny pack. There are 6 compartments with zippers and one open spot that was designed to hold a water bottle. I use that spot when I arrive at GZ and need my hands, I put my GPSr in there. The other pockets hold swag, cache repair supplies, extra batteries, cache pages, a snack/water, my keys to the truck, money, driver's license, etc., loonies and toonies for conservation area donations, any TBs or geocoins I want to drop.

If I am going farther, placing a cache or going with a few new geocachers, I take a larger backpack with more essentials.

Edited by ELTADA

P1010009.jpg

Spare batteries, 2 small camo containers, 3 spare sign in log sheets, several smaller zip lock bags, 2 sided tape, magnet, personal pins (kini_ont was here) swag – other various pins, key chains, couple of pencils, spare pen (one on the bag), cache logs and hints (won’t need those Santa was good to me), Colorado, tweezers, a few coins and the camera that took this picture.

And thanks for the cointest those would look out east :lol:

ooops, seemed to have put my picture in the wrong spot, here it is again....

OK, here is our geobag....I like to put pins on it, there is a spare pen clipped on so we won't ever be caught without one. For swag we have a baggie with dice and rules for dice games, various pins...we carry spare log books and small lock N locks, we often have TB's or geocoins with us to drop and we always carry a flashlight! (the camera would have been in the picture but I was using that! )

62115e08-a00a-47c1-90de-b8c937ddaa5d.jpg

I just changed computers, and can't upload pics yet but here's what's in my bag.., Not nearly as interesting as you all...

A notebook with a bunch of local caches since my printer insists on dying every other day

My Garmin80 MIL

My Camera

A few spare pens

Earrings and various other sparklies for swag

A travel bug whose mission I need to complete.

Of course, I'm just getting started, so it's pretty sparse.

My geocaching pack is nothing special like the rest of yours' are. Mine is just a camera pack with a GPSr in the side pocket. Its a Colorado 400t, so I don't need much else (first aid kit and swag rolls around in the back of the jeep!).

The caching sack of mine that is special is my handmade maille bag. It took me a couple days spending hours out in the garage.

From another thread...

-----------

toiling over hot metal, an anvil, metal cutters, saws and hammers of all shapes and sizes...

The hours turn in to days and your hands cramp from gripping; fingers bleed from shards and sharp edges, a back ache that won't quit because you have to go and wrap another yard of heated steel around an iron rod just so you can perform the steps all over again.

-----------

My handmade bag contains my personal coin gallery (ones I've made and designed for myself). As I come out with more coins I add on to my bag. I've got another couple dozen (at least) on the way (Journey, Tree of Life, and Night&Day)!

As for now:

Handmade 2007 lead

Handmade 2008 copper

Handmade 2008 copper with patina

Handmade 2008 bronze

Handmade 2008 bronze with patina

NAWWAL Tengwar Antique Bronze

NAWWAL Tengwar Antique Silver

NAWWAL Tengwar Red Enamel on Polished Gold

NAWWAL Tengwar Turquoise Enamel on Polished Nickel

NAWWAL Tengwar Orange Enamel on Polished Gold

NAWWAL Tengwar Antique Copper

NAWWAL Tengwar Satin Gold around Satin Silver/Nickel

NAWWAL Tengwar Antique Silver around Antique Bronze Two-Tone

NAWWAL Tengwar Polished Gold around Black Nickel

NAWWAL Tengwar Polished Nickel around Black Nickel

NAWWAL Tengwar Polished Copper

NAWWAL Tengwar .925 Silver Plated (Shiny)

NAWWAL Tengwar Satin Gold filled with dark green

NAWWAL Tengwar Satin Silver filled with dark blue/purple

NAWWAL Tengwar .925 Silver Plated (Satin)

NAWWAL Tengwar 24K Gold Plating (Shiny)

NAWWAL Tengwar 24K Gold Plating (Satin)

NAWWAL Tengwar Peach Enamel on Shiny Copper

NAWWAL Tengwar Polished Nickel filled with bright green

GC_Maille.jpg

I dont have a bag anymore. I had a backpack, then downgraded to a waist pack. Now I have a vest. It is actually a Army Tactical Load Bearing Vest. It is very nice and is pretty comfortable to wear. It has 6 pockets. The one closest to my chin on the left holds my gps. The one next to it still on the left holds swag or TBs. The pocket below those hold my sig cards and stickers for the log book. Pocket on the right next to my chin holds a mini maglite, Leatherman Surge, telescoping magnet, and a small telescoping mirror. The one next to it either holds a bottle of water or more swag, sometimes batteries. The pocket below those holds my camera. I am thinking about making a bag that attaches to the back on the 2 small loops, to hold swag for multiple caches when I can not get back to the vehicle.

4aca7a0b-4b54-4b40-8212-b3efb44a7751.jpg

The winner of the Landsharkz Personal Geocoin is usyoopers.

Thanks for posting a picture of your geocaching bag usyoopers.

I did an additional draw for another Albertosaurus geocoin and the winner of that geocoin is Kit Fox.

All the people who have posted pictures of their geocaching bags on this thread will be eligible for a prize drawing of another Albertosaurus geocoin.

I may add more geocoins to this drawing at any time.

Contest geocoins have started shipping.

So, for a chance to win a really nice geocoin post a picture of your geocaching bag here and make a list of the contents. New geocachers can see what we carry into the field and get some ideas for stocking their own bags.

I am really happy to see so many spare logbooks, backup cache containers and repair supplies.

The Albertosaurus geocoin is trackable and it has a custom icon, it is a very nice geocoin.

If you see that you have won a geocoin then send me a snail mail address using my profile on geocaching.com and you will get your new geocoin very soon.

Thanks to everyone who is posting their pictures. hereis what usyoopers won for posting a picture of a geocaching bag!

SharkzSide1.jpg

42b65664-e422-4d2e-a830-d91abbceffb7.jpg

As you can see I have my Dinosaur, Geocaching bag, this is why I should win the Albertosaurus geocoin.

• GPS
  • Flashlight
  • Three Jeep TB's
  • A Micro
  • Pathtags
  • A Hockey Puck
  • A Bone Shaker Hot Wheel for trade
  • 2 Carbiners
  • Sharpie
  • GCF 2008 nametag
  • GCF 2008 Coin
  • Frozen Buns Geocoin
  • Kachin' Kat Geocoin
  • Caching Log Labels
  • A BIG bag of trade swag

I hope that covers it.

Thanks for the Cointest!!!!!!

577d8059-b78b-40d6-b80a-0a2c8e6dd067.jpg

My Geobag has an Egypt theme, and is from our local Museum.

• GPS DUHHHHH
  • Braclet
  • two Jeep TB's
  • A TY Bear
  • A small plush dog for trade
  • Pathtags
  • GCF 2008 Coin
  • Scooter Coin
  • Mouth of the South Coin
  • Queen of Caching Coin - Can you Guess?
  • Cell Phone Geocoin
  • ACME Bag - From Wyle E Coyetee
  • A large bage of trade swag
  • Flashlight - Missing, guess a Cache got an extra trade item

The Albertosaurus geocoin is quite the cool coin, I would like to win this one for my Brother.

Thank you for the cointest. ;)

I will try to post a photo of my "gear" tomorrow, but to be honest, I don't yet have a bag. Could be because I haven't done 100's of caches (though I've just hit 100!), and could be the caches I've done are relatively easy ones really.

My gear generally stays in the car if we aren't going far, but will join me in either a light jackets front pouch pocket (that act's as a bag tied round my waist if needed!), a backpack, a hydration bag (for a literal caching run), or a pocket/lanyard.

My gear list in a general order of importance (note this is an allergy friendly kit as i need it!):

GPS - Garmin GPSmap 76cx (my new toy only a week in my hands old (second hand))

Ipod - 8gb nano in a case. I use GSAK to put the caches on it.

Lanyard that the ipod and gps carabinas onto.

Pencil - To write on those pen missing/wet paper caches

Hayfever/Allergy pills/sprays/drops (had itchy bites, and very severe (eyes swell shut anyone?) hayfever whilst caching)

Asthma inhaler (had a asthma attack on the hunt!)

Itchy bite cream (Being allergic to grass does NOT work with caching!)

Geocoins that I've picked up recently and I'm needing to move on

Any trade items that I want with me - just in case

Zip lock bag (it's small) to pickup junk out of caches that doesn't deserve to be there.

CITO bags (at times)

Generally it's a mix of what I think would be good at the time. If I'm hiking/tramping it's less trades and more of tents, foods etc. If I'm just going 10 metres, it's often only the GPS, if that even!

Here's my cache bag ... sadly it's still missing the GPS but the Pony and I are on the hunt.

lisasbd026.jpg

Sofar I've included

a log book

a pencil

my puddle dropping camera

a safety kit ...aka...my little green bag...in case I have to hold a safety meeting

chocolates ...a treat

a Klean Kanteen...no plastic water bottles please

nitro...just in case things get exciting

my favourite crystal...it likes to travel

the car keys ...I can't leave those in the car

Edited by ImaMystic