Selling Coins

CJPJ

As you are not listed on geocoincollection I'd suggest posting a list or a link to a list here as you'd probably find buyers. As far as market stalls go, some people will buy your stuff and others won't. To improve sales, place the coins on a silk cloth and place an A4 size piece of paper in a polished silver frame next to the coins with a printed description done in a nice font explaining Geocoins. If your coins are limited edition you should mention the numbers and their matching colour. Once people start matching the colours to the numbers their brains will move from Alpha into Beta which helps with sales. Disco flashing lights will move them into theta which is even better but you would need to be subtle and place the stobe light under the stand (set to about 144 BPM). Id also splash some expensive perfume on your cloth so people will subconsciously associate the coins with value. Music is also important. Ask your lady friends what they think is the sexiest music and play that (but at a low volume).

Edited by haysonics

Anyone out there that has minted coins have any experience with selling then to the general public? I've got a surplus of coins and was asked if I would be interested in selling them at a local artist store.

I've never sold any in a 'store' but I do have people here locally (non-cachers/non-coiners) that are interested in my designs for jewelry purposes (branching out into that in the near future ;)). Have you seen the wire wrappings the 0R0B0RUS does? Makes for great pendants and you might want to have a couple done like that to inspire non-cachers/non-coiners to buy. My opinion is if there is a small market for your coins, give it a try and see what happens. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-Wayne Gretzky :D

Anyone out there that has minted coins have any experience with selling then to the general public? I've got a surplus of coins and was asked if I would be interested in selling them at a local artist store.

What are the trackable coins you have for sale? You have given no details. Some of my coins were left after our event and I posted the sale to these forums and they went quickly.

You need a photo and details of what you are selling, how much, shipping info, order info, payment info..........

Agree with other posters - a local Artist Store probably would not have a lot of customers to buy trackable geocoins - they wouldn't even know what they are.........

Details - devil is in the details!

I've never sold any in a 'store' but I do have people here locally (non-cachers/non-coiners) that are interested in my designs for jewelry purposes (branching out into that in the near future ;)). Have you seen the wire wrappings the 0R0B0RUS does? Makes for great pendants and you might want to have a couple done like that to inspire non-cachers/non-coiners to buy. My opinion is if there is a small market for your coins, give it a try and see what happens. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-Wayne Gretzky :D

I havent checked out that thread yet, but I'll be sure to do so. Thanks!

As for what coin - I created the Sylvan Seekers line (Trickel & Miisha) which is going to be linked to a childrens book released in the near future.

Having an issue loading up the pics though - photobucket is not being friendly to me currently...

Edited by CJPJ

You do not need photo bucket, upload the images to an unpublished cache page and use that link to imbed the image file to your post, much more reliable than flickr or photobucket.

I would support a coin with a childrens theme, I support anything that encourages children to get out into the fresh air and discover natures treasures, if a coin works as an incentive to do that so be it. Looking forward to seeing your design.

You do not need photo bucket, upload the images to an unpublished cache page and use that link to imbed the image file to your post, much more reliable than flickr or photobucket.

I would support a coin with a childrens theme, I support anything that encourages children to get out into the fresh air and discover natures treasures, if a coin works as an incentive to do that so be it. Looking forward to seeing your design.

How does one create or find an unpublished cache page?

Pretend you are setting up a cache (I see on your profile that you currently have a couple already, so I won't go into how to set one up), but make sure that the box saying to send to the reviewer is NOT checked. This then is like a rough draft cache page that has not yet been published and never will if you haven't sent it to review.