Movie Cache

We had only heard of one cache before that you had to watch a specific Movie to get the coords to a final cache. We went ahead a put together a Cache (GC1JMX7) If You Hide It, They Will Come! The Movie is "Field of Dreams" with Kevin Costner. The Cache was found the same day it was published, which was a big surprise that someone actually had the video at home. Then the FTF cacher had a new Movie Cache out within 2 or 3 days Based on "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart (GC1JQ12) Life Is Good. We have a copy of the Movie and watched it carefully for the clues and off we went and were FTF and the prize was a Genuine Jimmy Stewart autograph and an "It's a Wonderful Life" Oregon Lottery Ticket. Has anyone else put together a Movie Cache or seen others?

Steve 'n' Nancy

South Coast Geocachers

Has anyone else put together a Movie Cache or seen others?

Steve 'n' Nancy

South Coast Geocachers

Seen a few others... ;)

I was part of a project with a few other people to do a whole series based on Fight Club, but it was shelved until we could work out some kinks.

I had an idea to do one on The Matrix series called "The Red Pill or the Blue Pill," but I never found a good spot for the Blue Pill and the Red pill became another cache after it sat in the woods for a couple years.

I will put our video cache up against anyone's. Check out the cache page for:

McGuffin's Bluff

or if you want to link directly to the video we created for the cache, which is crucial to solving the puzzle check out:

The Civil War: McGuffin's Bluff

The night of the first interactive presentation of this cache we also showed this trailer for our Key to the Cryptonomicon cache:

The Key to the Cryptonomicon Teaser

Star Wars Trivia. There is a series of these.

Be Cool HoneyBunnies is a tribute to a local team.

Camelback Cinema | Espagueti Occidentales. Good luck!

Camelback Cinema | The Passings of Mr Pink is much easier than the last one, and quite humerous.

Bear Bear goes to the Movies is another movie puzzle.

Some of these can be solved without waching the movie(s). These are fun when the weather just isn't agreeable to caching.

The night of the first interactive presentation of this cache we also showed this trailer for our Key to the Cryptonomicon cache:

I've solved the puzzle for that one but never did look in the teaser to see if there were any clues. I'm not sure that I've seen any other caches based on a book, at least not to the degree that Key to the Cryptonomicon does.

Here's another movie based cache that is based on a really appropriate movie for geocaching.

GCX30K

Obtaining the coordinates requires a viewing of "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World", which for those that may not have seen it is strikingly similar to a FTF race to a geocache.

There was an entire series of geocache puzzles based on movies hidden by a Portland area cacher named lobotomy. Alas, they are all archived. There was another by someone else that I wanted to get where you had to watch the movie "Contact" to find a cache of the same name-also stolen/archived.

You don't have to watch the movie "Ring of Fire" to find the cache of the same name in Washington state, but you can see the terrain you have to go through if you do watch the movie.

McGuffin's Bluff

or if you want to link directly to the video we created for the cache, which is crucial to solving the puzzle check out:

Incidentally, these caches are a stone's throw from GW7, and are on my to-do list ;)

Yes, I have cache called The Force GC1EFWN. It is a puzzle-multi-letterbox, based on the Star Wars movie series. The cache takes you through a maze of granite spires which you can see rock climbers scaling the peaks, then on to a dense forest with a nearby stream and a climb to a summit with a breathtaking view. I handcarved letterbox stamps pertaining to Star Wars and stocked the cache with Star Wars goodies and other general swag. Also I included one of my handmade woodcarvings as a FTF prize. So far I have received pretty good reviews on it. ;)

McGuffin's Bluff

Incidentally, these caches are a stone's throw from GW7, and are on my to-do list <_<

If you haven't solved the puzzle yet for Cryptonomicon you probably should start on it soon. It took me over a month to solve it and I know others that spent considerably longer on it.

I solved it before I heard where GW7 was going to be held and will definitely try to find the cache if I attend the event. I should probably take a look at McGuffins's Bluff again too.