City Navigator V8 - Need copy of install DVD

ShugZero

I'm having to send my unit in for replacement, and as a result I will lose my installed maps. Unfortunately, I no longer have the install CD to re-install them (it was stolen).

Anyone willing to burn me a copy of the DVD or send me an .ISO file of the image of it? Garmin said this would be OK, as they do not have older versions available, and the software is worthless without an unlock code, which they will send me for the new unit.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

I'm having to send my unit in for replacement, and as a result I will lose my installed maps. Unfortunately, I no longer have the install CD to re-install them (it was stolen).

Anyone willing to burn me a copy of the DVD or send me an .ISO file of the image of it? Garmin said this would be OK, as they do not have older versions available, and the software is worthless without an unlock code, which they will send me for the new unit.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

NT, non-NT ...? Full version, upgrade version?

Edited by nicolo

It was non-NT, full version. Thanks!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

It was non-NT, full version. Thanks!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

I can get an ISO generated for you, I'll PM you with download info once finished.

Regardless of your good reasons, and the good intentions of anyone offering to help, this thread solicits illegal software sharing and violates the forum rules.

OP states : "Garmin said this would be OK, as they do not have older versions available, and the software is worthless without an unlock code, which they will send me for the new unit.". Do you have reason to dispute this?

Regardless of your good reasons, and the good intentions of anyone offering to help, this thread solicits illegal software sharing and violates the forum rules.

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

I will be happy to work on this issue with you and I am sorry that you have had your software stolen. Unfortunately we would have no ability to replace the version 8 disk for you as that is several versions old.

If you can find a copy of v8, that will be fine in order for you to re-install the software back onto your computer. If you have any other questions please contact Garmin.

That was my reply after I inquired about getting a copy, or copying the v8 DVD. If you want me to forward you the original email with the Garmin CS person's contact information, just let me know...

I think the Garmin policy on the CD's is pretty lax. My friend bought a used Garmin Quest and they were willing to send him the 2009 DVD for $5 shipping. It's the unlock codes they care about.

And why would they care? Most people would rather use google earth than mapsource. It's once you interface the maps with a GPS that they become useful at all.