Cointest - What do you do for Christmas Eve and Christmas?

hollora

Merry Christmas one and all! We are up and ready to go enjoy Francis Family and their tree. I took a moment of quiet to use the random number generator and select our winner...................

who is........................

Erica-opoly!

The real winner was all of us who got to read the beautiful storeis of everyone's tradition. Thank you one and all for sharing!

Merry Christmas to Hollera and all the other cachers/coin collectors here. Thank you for hosting the cointest and thanks to everyone who participated. It's great to read about how everyone spends their holidays. We had our get-together last night and it was awesome. With the pitter pat of grandchildren's feet running around my parent's house, Christmas cheer filled the air for the next generation to enjoy and the adults got recharged as well. Hope you were all good boys and girls and that Santa put coins in all your stockings.

Our "old school" Christmas traditions are all in the closet right now until we retire in a few years. Here's why. We live and work in California and all of our family is either in Canada or in the mid-west (closest relative 1300 miles) so to make a long story short we now choose different people at work who have close family or children and offer to work for them during the Christmas and New Years holidays so they can enjoy the time to visit with their loved ones instead of being stuck at work on the holidays. So, I suppose this is our "newest" holiday tradition to take the place of family gatherings and dinner parties on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

Our "old school" Christmas traditions are all in the closet right now until we retire in a few years. Here's why. We live and work in California and all of our family is either in Canada or in the mid-west (closest relative 1300 miles) so to make a long story short we now choose different people at work who have close family or children and offer to work for them during the Christmas and New Years holidays so they can enjoy the time to visit with their loved ones instead of being stuck at work on the holidays. So, I suppose this is our "newest" holiday tradition to take the place of family gatherings and dinner parties on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

Gawd, I just adore this man!!

Jim, you and Gayle are just special, special people! I'm blessed to be able to call you friend!

Naomi :laughing: