Benchmark Mapping

WVangler

If anyone is taking a tally to see whether anyone else would very much appreciate this feature, count me in.

Finding benchmarks is quite difficult compared to finding geocaches. I really wish they were just treated as a different type of geocache, with the ability to check or uncheck it.

If anyone is taking a tally to see whether anyone else would very much appreciate this feature, count me in.

Finding benchmarks is quite difficult compared to finding geocaches. I really wish they were just treated as a different type of geocache, with the ability to check or uncheck it.

You can count another person in for wanting to see BMs in the Geocaching Maps function. Several of us Utah cachers enjoy finding BMs and having an eazy map funtion ranther than downloading a .loc file and then viewing it in another program would be much better.

I would suggest the icons on the map be reflective of the status of the BM and that the ability to "Create PQ" be an option as well.

I would suggest a new site for Benchmarks...

Why? Just to be sure that we outside U.S. dont find any...

Geoaching is now a global interest but Benchmarking is not...so why is it still on Geocaching?

I´m not saying that i dont whant Benchmarks,i just cant see why ...

Geoaching is now a global interest but Benchmarking is not...so why is it still on Geocaching?

I agree that that benchmarking is not a hiddden cache and should not be counted against the cache finds total. I for one wouldn't want them to count against the finds total, because without a owner too many people would just log finds accross the country just to bump their numbers.

Finding BMs is still fun for many people though. If you have them loaded in the GPSR and they pop up on the screen, you can swing by and find something historical and permanent in the same mannor that you find a cache. All that I am asking for is that in the Benchmarking section of GC.com, they add a BM only map feature to allow a easier search of BMs in that area.

If you don't/can't benchmark, then you likely don't go to the BM tag on the left hand menu and the addition of this feature would go completely unnoticed. It is just like so many other features that GC / GS has in place throughout all their sites, if you don't no about it, or don't want to use it then it has no effect on you one way or another, with the excetion of a bug in the site, but if it is functioning correctly you would never know.

Well, then we have to visit the U.S., if we want to get this icon in our profile too! :)

From my point of view, I had a lot of fun, doing a kind of different search with my GPSr on my holiday on Hawaii. :D

I agree that that benchmarking is not a hiddden cache and should not be counted against the cache finds total. I for one wouldn't want them to count against the finds total, because without a owner too many people would just log finds accross the country just to bump their numbers.

There are lots of possibilities left for those who need to bump their numbers. If we regulate the freedom bit out of this game, less fun is left. :P

If you don't want them to count, then don't log them. :D

Just my $0.02

Roland aka tasdevil13