Anybody know this cacher?

xshooter

A once used to was forum rat has one of out TB's in a long unpublished cash. I doubt it'll ever move again.

Say again, please? :)

xshooter, you probably didn't help matters when you changed the name of your Geocoin to have "STOLEN!" in it's name. :)

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

From the Utah area with a screen name of geogleas and the first name on Steve?

...I betcha this is about Childhood Nostalgia TB or Fluffy TB!

Nope. It's about my Iowa coin that he's had since August. He won't reply to emails and won't drop it in a cache to get it moving again.

Again, I think that this thread should be moved to the Utah regional section of the forum.

Next, your choice of words is interesting; you chose to use the term "he won't". The reality is that it may not be as simple and clear-cut, as "he won't", and instead, it may be that this person has left the sport, may no longer be receiving PM/emails from Groundspeak (perhaps because the original email account on record expired), may be overly-busy with more important matters than a small disc of tin, may be ill, or may have passed on.

Nope. It's about my Iowa coin that he's had since August. He won't reply to emails and won't drop it in a cache to get it moving again.

Again, I think that this thread should be moved to the Utah regional section of the forum.

Next, your choice of words is interesting; you chose to use the term "he won't". The reality is that it may not be as simple and clear-cut, as "he won't", and instead, it may be that this person has left the sport, may no longer be receiving PM/emails from Groundspeak (perhaps because the original email account on record expired), may be overly-busy with more important matters than a small disc of tin, may be ill, or may have passed on.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have two TBs from late August that I haven't yet placed into caches. I have simply been way too busy to even think about going geocaching.

Here's a trick that has worked for me: change the title of the coin or bug to "** <insert cacher name here> STOLE THIS COIN / BUG **"

Yes, its not very nice, but the asterisks force the bug to move to the top of the cacher's inventory and the caps stand out. Obviously no one likes to be accused of stealing so maybe it'll get them to move the bug / coin. It has worked for a me a couple of times.

Here's a trick that has worked for me: change the title of the coin or bug to "** <insert cacher name here> STOLE THIS COIN / BUG **"

Yes, its not very nice, but the asterisks force the bug to move to the top of the cacher's inventory and the caps stand out. Obviously no one likes to be accused of stealing so maybe it'll get them to move the bug / coin. It has worked for a me a couple of times.

Well that's one way to do it. If they're not dead, you may just shame them enough to move it on.