Magellan explorist 500 Car charger w/factory connector

fivecoolcats

Even better, look for any cig-lighter power adapter that lets you plug in a USB cable. Easy and more generally useful - power your GPS or charge your iPod, Blackberry, etc...

This kit http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39 includes a wall wart AND a car charger for any usb device ... plus an iPod usb charging cable that you may or may not need ... for under $6 delivered.

Even better, look for any cig-lighter power adapter that lets you plug in a USB cable. Easy and more generally useful - power your GPS or charge your iPod, Blackberry, etc...

This kit http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39 includes a wall wart AND a car charger for any usb device ... plus an iPod usb charging cable that you may or may not need ... for under $6 delivered.

Wal mart carries the 12 volt usb plug also I use it for my exp 500 to power and charge,

and power my triton 400 not at the same time though.

All super idea's excpet i already have the USB charger...

My application is as follows..

Explorist in a leather cell phone case with male swivel metal mount on back

Female metal belt mount on the handle bars of my snowmobile

I want a nice short cord running from that to my 12v acces plug only.

I only need about 18" of cable..

I currently use the usb cable into a pin type car charger....but the total cable length is excessive and not very clean looking.

I want to be able to run the back light on all the time, hence the 12v constant connection...and drop down to the Li-On battery when i turn the sled off..

Even the $9 ones on ebay come with a 6.5' cord..

I tried the Ram mount and my explorist kept bouncing out and I had to keep it teathered...

My current set up requires the gps to be pivoted 180 degrees and pulled upwards to release it from the handle bars...

I guess I could cut..solder/splice and heat shrink the ebay cable...

Edited by fivecoolcats