30 cal ammo cans

I have not shipped ammo cans before but since they weigh about 4 pounds a piece you can go to the USPS web site and see what the cost would be depending on what shipping choice you made (i.e. Priority (2-3 days) or Parcel Post longer but not sure how much longer) Add about 2.50 per can for packaging and handling. If you decide that this works for you let me know.

I know getting the cans shipped to you gets pricy but thats the cost of USPS. or any other shipper. I have seen lots of ammo cans on e-bay that arent bid on simply because the seller needs to recover their costs.

I know getting the cans shipped to you gets pricy but thats the cost of USPS. or any other shipper.

I wonder how many 30 cal would fit in a large flat rate box.....(thinking out loud)

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll try it & post back. Might make it easier to sell them.

I know getting the cans shipped to you gets pricy but thats the cost of USPS. or any other shipper.

I wonder how many 30 cal would fit in a large flat rate box.....(thinking out loud)

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll try it & post back. Might make it easier to sell them.

Any update on how may fit in the flat rate box?

Any update on how may fit in the flat rate box?

I'd almost forgot about this, Thanks for the reminder.

I had a flat-rate box here but don't know if it's the largest or not. Anyway, only one would fit but only misses fitting two by an inch or so. Even if they have a "slightly larger" box I can't see getting more than two in & at $9.80 that still wouldn't be much of a bargain.

Oh well, we tried......

Not sure if this is specific to one store or not, but the Gander Mountain in Watertown, NY. has 50cal ammo boxes in a bin for sale at 5.99/each.

You gotta watch where you pick them up as far as price, IMO. I have an Army/Navy Store 20 miles west of me that sells 20, 30, 50mm and the most you pay for a 50 is $6.99. I have a couple 30s that I picked up for $3.99. This store has all the rust removed, painted over and in pretty good shape. If I go to the store that is about 25 miles east of me, everything they have is rusted, dinged, broken hinges, bent lids, etc... and they cost double.

Shipping is the killer for buying online, but if you aren't in a hurry for them and pick a low rate shipping cost, it might be worth it.