Is this wrong?

shootingstar7

Hi, recently I found a GC/TB that had a mission of visiting the Hawaiian Islands and traveling among caches among the islands. I found it while being in Maui and took it all the way to the Caribbean. Is it wrong to take it far away opposite direction 6000 miles to start over again his mission?

It's been done to mine before and I didn't mind as long as it kept traveling. That being said though we make an effort to keep in mind tb/coins can have time-sensitive missions like races and such. <_<

This is an oft-asked question. Something that folks don't mention is; "Was the mission on the traveller?"

If I go to a cache and see a TB without a mission attached, I take it and drop it along at the next cache I find. How was I supposed to know it was only going to caches that have the word "green" in their title?

However, if the TB has a mission attached to it that clearly states it is only supposed to stay in a region, is part of a race, etc - THEN, I decide to take it or leave it based upon whether I can assist in its mission.

I agree that if you knew what the mission was before taking it to the Caribbean, then yes it would be wrong.

If there was no indication on the traveler itself and you didn't find out until you were in the Caribbean then nobody can fault you.

it comes down to:

1) Did you know before moving it what it's mission was?

In the end, as somebody else said, it's up to the owner.

I have a couple of recent examples where I have a coin with a tag attached that clearly states it's mission :To travel to all counties in California. Someone picked it up and moved it to Oregon.

Was I mad? Yep. I made the tag and attached it so everybody would know where it wanted to go.

Did I lose any sleep over it? Nope. In the end, it's a game and it moved (although I'm not sure where it is now....hmmm, need to go check).

One of my first coins was released to travel through Michigan, a tag was attached with instructions for it to stay in Michigan. The first or second person grabbed it and moved it to Florida...his log said he knew and didn't care.

As Kealia said, I was mad, but I didn't lose sleep either. I never even bothered contacting the person (what good would that have done me??). After some traveling around Florida and such, a friendlier cacher grabbed it and brought it back home!!

Do as the mission requests IF you know the mission when grabbing! If people don't tag their travelers, they have no right to whine when it goes in the wrong direction!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy