Geocaching with map compass and altimeter only

Groleau

Here is a cache that I put together, Chievres then had to put up for adoption when I moved. A Gps was needed to get you to the starting area but then it wasn't needed till after the last clue was found. Another of my caches that is now arcived used a GPS for the first point, then all distance and direction, and intersections with a compass for the final parts

Cabear

Any folks out there trying to find caches without a gps ( I have one). It adds a new level of difficulty to the game

I use the satellite image, and a compass if necessary. Don't own an altimeter or GPS. I guess it would be harder for most people but I've been using a map compass for Orienteering for years so it's probably easier for me than figuring out how the gps works. ;)

Any folks out there trying to find caches without a gps ( I have one). It adds a new level of difficulty to the game

I use the satellite image, and a compass if necessary. Don't own an altimeter or GPS. I guess it would be harder for most people but I've been using a map compass for Orienteering for years so it's probably easier for me than figuring out how the gps works. ;)

Edscott, I'am impressed with your technique sans gps. Keep up the good work. Some day I hope to have as many finds without the gps. Thanks, Groleau