Nature's Night & Day Geocoin

scavok

ha ha ha I was looking at this design and something poped in my head, that was said to me many years ago.

i asked a guy i worked with in a joking manner,, "got any daily words of wisdom??" him being about 35 years older then i ,, he says to me,, ... " Eat s#*t, and bark at the moon"..lol i still chuckle when i think about it,,, wonder if im barking at your moon...lol

In the bright green trees, the color tends to be darker as it nears the raised metal. Particularly in the BN version (the metal is darker). But if you look closely it does it in the other versions as well, just not to quite the extent in these photos.

Edit to add: I went back to look at the coins and it is clearly noticable in all versions other than the copper (still there, but not as defined)...

Edited by scavok

This design definitely came out very interestingly on metal. I have to say that while I like the satin silver and antique copper a lot, the shiny finishes are not as much to my taste. Definitely another excellent coin, Roger!

That's really interesting, for me its the total opposite. My favorites were the two shiny's and the black nickel as no 1 :rolleyes: And that's really saying something from a guy who normally prefers the copper :anicute:

Probably not for a week or so at the minimum. The Tengwar presales are still going on and I want to give a little while to recover from those! :)

I'll send out an email to my newsletter subscribers and post here before the presale for this one starts.

This design definitely came out very interestingly on metal. I have to say that while I like the satin silver and antique copper a lot, the shiny finishes are not as much to my taste. Definitely another excellent coin, Roger!

That's really interesting, for me its the total opposite. My favorites were the two shiny's and the black nickel as no 1 :P And that's really saying something from a guy who normally prefers the copper :D

That is quite interesting. With a coin like this I think it might look quite different in person then on a photograph.

Yea, it certainly does.

This was one I was taking a risk on going ahead with samples, I wasn't sure if I would like it myself. It looked great in the sketchbook and then in my head as a coin, and was really very happy to see it come out almost exactly how I imagined it in physical form.

There are few coins with as many bright colors as this one. In the light the translucents really glow and the shiny metals (even the shiny BN) reflects the light into the enamel that much more compared to the satin ones (which are still bright, but not as 'reflecting' if you understand what I'm trying to say).

I'm glad people are liking it! This thread started as a total question. Its not my normal style, so good to know people actually like it :blink:

This one is in the lead for what I'll offer next. The poll will run until I have all of the Celtic Tree orders finalized and shipped. Then I'll be able to handle another :blink:

Yep, they are a full 2" diameter with heavy-metal cores so it feels good in hand (no zinc for this one!). The enameling isn't particularly complicated (other than the trees), but there are 11 different enamels being applied to this one (including transparent hard, soft, opaque and glow), which is technically over the maximum.

The photos don't really do it justice, the coloring is the coin for this design, and it really shows when you have it in hand :)

Beyond that I don't expect a lot of these to sell, which unfortunately raises the cost per coin on top of the design aspects.

Bought 2 BN, curious why they are $12.99 are they really big or have incredible enameling?

i saw these in hand today ,, I was not real big on the artwork to be honest , i told Scavok that,, but let me say :

WoW! the different metals really give each coin a different feel. i actually can say the pics are no where close to the real thing!!! i really like the copper one it has that sunny side to it because of the metal. I think the coolest thing on this one is instead of scavoks metal detail like on his other designs, this the best details are in the enamel mixs,, it almost looks like the trees were airbrushed due to a fade and like he said 11 enamels and they dont clash at all. the coin has a good feel to it and overall i think when some see it in hand they will wish they bought one!!

An email I sent out today concerning my shopping cart system:

An update on the scavok.com Nature's Night & Day geocoin presale concerning

shipping:

There was a problem with the shipping calculator on some orders containing 4 or more coins. Most errors were for international orders, but some for domestic. If your order was affected I have already issued a partial refund.

If you have not completed your order because of these errors (noticed in the shopping cart), the problem has been fixed, so feel free to try again :).

Thanks you everyone who emailed me about the problem! If there are further changes I won't send out another email, but will update the shipping info page at scavok.com/shop.

Shipping figures are as follows:

Domestic:

Up to 1 item: $2.50

Up to 2 items: $3.25

Up to 10 items: $5.95

Up to 20 items: $7.00

Up to 100 items: $35.00

International:

Up to 1 item: $4.50

Up to 2 items: $5.95

Up to 6 items: $6.25

Up to 20 items: $15.00

Up to 100 items: $35.00

Most orders will be sent first class bubble mailers; larger orders (7+

items) are shipped in boxes at flat rate priority. This is why there is a larger gap in the pricing for international orders. It is risky to put more than 6 coins in a bubble mailer and larger mailers increase the cost due to size. At the 7 coin point it is cheaper (on average) to use a small flat rate box than a large envelope.

Shipping is by default USPS. If you want a private carrier then please select the "Store walk in" shipping (no cost) and complete the order to reserve the item; I will then contact and invoice you for shipping/handling as necessary.

Thanks!

Just a bump and reminder that the presale ends this Sunday at midnight MST.

It looks like total numbers will be just under 300 coins, so its a small minting compared to my others (as expected), but more than enough to justify an icon (especially with the lowered numbers). So that will come as well :rolleyes:

The shipping cost table had another revamp. I added a tier between 2 and 10 coin quantities for domestic shipping ($5.95 shipping for 3 coins was never my intention!). I have been going through all the sales marking fixes. Partial refunds for over charging on shipping will be given once sales close. Sales going through since the fix don't have to worry, but anyone who made an affected purchase before my gross oversight was pointed out to me will be updated!

Thanks everyone, you will love these coins!

Looks like a total of 280 coins will be minted. I'll post the finishes breakdown on the Night & Day's page on my website as soon as everything is finalized with the mint :)

Shipping refunds will be issued tonight.

Thanks all, I love this coin and I'm glad a number of you like it as well. You won't be disappointed when you have it in hand! :blink: