1st post and saying hello

BBandD

Had to get posting sometime. I have been reading up lately and finally decided to make my presence known. If Santa does not bring me one for X-mas (hey I've been a good boy) then I will pick one up after New Year with the yearly bonus. I think this is something my wife, son and I will enjoy. We do go camping a lot and I have already scoped out the cachs near where we camp, live and her parents.

Now the next decision for me is deciding between the PN-20, Vista HCx or maybe even biting the bullet for something a little better, ah decisions, decisions.

Anyway hi all,

Bill

I've had my Vista HCX for about a month now and I find it very capable for caching more than I need.

On the down side personaly I find that the lay out seems to guided to a left handed person, of which I am one when useing a pen but use my GPS in my right hand. Also there is no key lock so sometimes when I put in my pocket I find that it trys to create a way point that I didn't ask for or the map has scrolled so far off I have to zoom out then back in again to piut it back.

Having said all that they are very basic thing that are just a rather annoying otherwise a very good unit that is accreute - regualy displayed as being in the 9 - 21ft range.

On the down side personaly I find that the lay out seems to guided to a left handed person, of which I am one when useing a pen but use my GPS in my right hand. Also there is no key lock so sometimes when I put in my pocket I find that it trys to create a way point that I didn't ask for or the map has scrolled so far off I have to zoom out then back in again to piut it back.

First, hi, Bill. I'm sure your family will have a great time taking part in this addiction.

Second, funny that Hampshire Hog should mention the left-hand aspect of the Vista. I have a Legend Cx and that has the same layout, I believe. I'm right handed, but right from the start used my left hand to use most functions on the unit. I never even thought about the difference. I'm not sure I could use one that required mostly right-handed useage. Hmmm......