First To Find Question

frankgh

Good luck with that FTF. Be prepared to head out as soon as the posting comes up. I placed a cache yesterday, it was published late last night, and there was an attempt to find it at 2 a.m. this morning. Unfortunately for the cacher, there is a club very nearby so there were many people out and about. Still not logged as of 4:54 pm today, MST. :laughing:

If you use the By STate search you will see them ost recently published caches first at the top of the page. You can see which of those have already been found and which are not.

People can bypass that by making a fake arbitrary cache creation date, but I think the reviewers won't let that happen.

90% of the time, caches are released within a few days of being hidden, but I've seen some come out 3 months after the date hidden. That sometimes happens for events where someone places the cache months early and doesn't finalize the submission until a few days before the event and forgets to change the date. If they're outside your notification range, then you may not even know about them for awhile.

If you use the By STate search you will see them ost recently published caches first at the top of the page. You can see which of those have already been found and which are not.

People can bypass that by making a fake arbitrary cache creation date, but I think the reviewers won't let that happen.

We have notifications set up "close to home" and "close to work". The close to home is set for a 20 or 25 mile range but the close to work is 2 miles. Why two miles? I can get there and back at lunch on my bike. :blink: Or if I have the car - go out for an "errand" during the workday. :blink:

BTW I'm pretty sure fake cache dates are just fine with reviewers, they can be very useful on Puzzle caches -as hints or red herrings.

Good luck on those FTFs! We have only two, and that first one is pretty sweet!