COINTEST: Interesting reading

DresselDragons

I read something rather interesting this morning. Apparently, a geocoin was found in lizard vomit. Ew! No, I have not been sampling the eggnog this morning...I did actually read this...somewhere. I do not know the specifics of this discovery (nor will I divuldge the little information that I know, yet), only that this story has been around for a couple of years. One of our new DresselDragon eye geocoins will be mailed to the person that can tell me exactly where I read this (not where I was when I read it - I am looking for the source of this information, preferably with a link).

No rules other than only 1 guess per hour. We'll post hint later, if needed. Good luck!

I read something rather interesting this morning. Apparently, a geocoin was found in lizard vomit. Ew! No, I have not been sampling the eggnog this morning...I did actually read this...somewhere. I do not know the specifics of this discovery (nor will I divuldge the little information that I know, yet), only that this story has been around for a couple of years. One of our new DresselDragon eye geocoins will be mailed to the person that can tell me exactly where I read this (not where I was when I read it - I am looking for the source of this information, preferably with a link).

No rules other than only 1 guess per hour. We'll post hint later, if needed. Good luck!

I gave short look and came across something call the neverending story,(not the movie), oh my its crazy.

Sorry guys...it is not the neverending story. I'll have to check it out too.

The neverending story is a thread on NELAGEO forums, where you add 5 words to keep the thread going, I thought it was pretty funny to do a search this morning on lizard vomit and that thread, with my name in it, came up!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb...

A another term for "lizard vomit" would be "dragon's puke". Ironically enough, when you rearrange the letters in "dragon's puke" it spells Groundspeak. There is a fairly recent geocoin edition called Dragon's Puke as seen here...

67f023d8-bd90-44f6-a648-75769ae7871c.jpg

or here which is a link to Palmetto's coin. Palmetto is in Florida where the coords you listed as hint also places you.

How's that?

A another term for "lizard vomit" would be "dragon's puke". Ironically enough, when you rearrange the letters in "dragon's puke" it spells Groundspeak. There is a fairly recent geocoin edition called Dragon's Puke as seen here...

or here which is a link to Palmetto's coin. Palmetto is in Florida where the coords you listed as hint also places you.

How's that?

LMAO I bet that's it!!!!!

How's that?

Wow! Now that is pretty cool...how do I get one of those coins?! Brenda would love that coin (it is her kind of humor). Unfortunately, that was not what I saw this morning. Maybe now is a good time to mention that I was looking online for a Christmas gift for my mom (a non-cacher) this morning. I got frustrated looking for a gift for her and started goofing around with my searches when I came across the story.

I'm trying to get this one, and you wouldn't want to know what I've found Googling the possibilities! It's pretty funny!

It might be what I found out earlier about lizard vomit but shall not be said here.....

So, I just had to google to see what you guys found...pretty sure I found it. :laughing: Maybe I should mention that my search was for only 1 word (so "lizard vomit" is out)...you just gotta find the right site to do the search. <_<

I'm trying to get this one, and you wouldn't want to know what I've found Googling the possibilities! It's pretty funny!

It might be what I found out earlier about lizard vomit but shall not be said here.....

So, I just had to google to see what you guys found...pretty sure I found it. :laughing: Maybe I should mention that my search was for only 1 word (so "lizard vomit" is out)...you just gotta find the right site to do the search. <_<

Well, without knowing exactly what you searched for, and where, that makes it difficult (though I do appreciate the clues). On the other hand, logically speaking the story should have the words "vomit" or "puke", "lizard" and "coin" or "geocoin" (and perhaps "geocaching") in it. If it's several years old, searches for those terms should find the article -- without having to replicate the exact search you did.

(Note also that many search engines, like Google, have indices that are not always 100% in synch across the thousands of servers that the engines have in place. So even if, say, you and I inputted the exact same search phrase, we may not see the same results in the same order. This is especially true for people in different countries.)

Edited by Jackalgirl

Well, without knowing exactly what you searched for, and where, that makes it difficult (though I do appreciate the clues). On the other hand, logically speaking the story should have the words "vomit" or "puke", "lizard" and "coin" or "geocoin" (and perhaps "geocaching") in it. If it's several years old, searches for those terms should find the article -- without having to replicate the exact search you did.

(Note also that many search engines, like Google, have indices that are not always 100% in synch across the thousands of servers that the engines have in place. So even if, say, you and I inputted the exact same search phrase, we may not see the same results in the same order. This is especially true for people in different countries.)

This is a good point you make. The possibilities are astronomical, that is why I should be declared the winner.

Is anyone making any progress on this? I'm beginning to think it needs to be a group effort! Oy!

I'll happily put out there what I've found: I've searched CSI, CSI Miami, CSI Miami music, CSI Miami Soundtrack. I can't for the life of me figure out what site would need one word and lead you to lizard vomit and geocaching!

Edited by surteb

Is anyone making any progress on this? I'm beginning to think it needs to be a group effort! Oy!

Believe me, I've tried some crazy connections...and based on the "clues" I have some ideas, but I can't get them to give me anything in a web search...OY!

OY is right... I've made little to no progress on this thing.

I'll happily put out there what I've found: I've searched CSI, CSI Miami, CSI Miami music, CSI Miami Soundtrack. I can't for the life of me figure out what site would need one word and lead you to lizard vomit and geocaching!

Nope no progress here. I've read some very interesting things today though and learned more about vomit than I ever wanted to know! LOL

I never intended for this to be easy, if it is over in a flash, what fun is that :huh: . I can tell you that every post that I made in this thread (except post 4 and this one) has a hint...some are obvious, some are not. I will tell you that you probably will not be able to find the right awswer using a search engine. Remember, I was looking for a gift for my mom when I found this story.

Woo Hoo! Found it! Look here:

Lizard Vomit

Edited to add: The link will take you to the general location. If you enter a search for geocoin, you can fin the exact location: Page 248 of "CSI: Miami: Harm for the Holidays Misgivings." I didn't know the link wouldn't take you to page 248.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been working on this for SEVERAL hours!!LOL

We had the CSI part but not at Amazon :laughing:

Oh well Yahoo sure got a workout tonight.

Woo Hoo! Found it! Look here:

Lizard Vomit

Edited to add: The link will take you to the general location. If you enter a search for geocoin, you can fin the exact location: Page 248 of "CSI: Miami: Harm for the Holidays Misgivings." I didn't know the link wouldn't take you to page 248.

HERE!

CSI Miami book says geocoin right on it! Amazon.com!

Harm for the Holidays: Misgivings Pt. 1 (CSI: Miami) [iMPORT] (Paperback)

by Donn Cortez (Author)

This is exactly where I saw it! I was searching on Amazon for CDs for my mom, and on a whim, I typed in geocoin. I was shocked when I actually received 3 pages of results. I clicked on the exerpt from the CSI Miami book, and ended up reading 3 pages from the book. If you guys did not read more than page 248...when the Horatio goes online to log the coin, there is a message on the coin's page from the killer (I am assuming that the criminal is a killer). This story was published in 2006...it was never a tv episode.

Since it is the holidays, and surteb and NeverSummer posted within 3 minutes of each other, I declare both the winners. Please drop me an email or PM with your addresses.

This is exactly where I saw it! I was searching on Amazon for CDs for my mom, and on a whim, I typed in geocoin. I was shocked when I actually received 3 pages of results. I clicked on the exerpt from the CSI Miami book, and ended up reading 3 pages from the book. If you guys did not read more than page 248...when the Horatio goes online to log the coin, there is a message on the coin's page from the killer (I am assuming that the criminal is a killer). This story was published in 2006...it was never a tv episode.

Since it is the holidays, and surteb and NeverSummer posted within 3 minutes of each other, I declare both the winners. Please drop me an email or PM with your addresses.

How funny that you found that on a whim. I was about to go crazy until it clicked! Thanks for the cointest, and for the generous declaration of a tie! PM on the way!