how long is to long to hold a coin?

cb12374

I started my first coin on it way about 2 weeks ago and someone grabbed it the first day and replaced the next. since then someone has grabbed it and has had it for a week now but the thing that concerns me is that on his profile page it shows that he has gotten about 40 caches since grabbing my coin 19 just today also he is placing coins that he grabbed after mine. so how long should I wait before I say something to him?

Edited by cb12374

I wouldn't say anything yet.

Could be those caches were micros and no coin fitted in.

Could be he will be in a different area in a short while, and can get the coin a bit closer to it's goal. (If there is one.)

Could be that he was afraid to leave a coin in those caches, as they seemed to be in danger of muggling. I never put coins in a cache, which to me seems to be an easy find and could easily be muggled.

Could be he left the coin in a different bag and didn't have it on him that day.

Could be he dropped it, but forgot to log it.

When someone is holding on longer than 14 days, and is out and about caching in the meantime, I would wonder, but not to quickly.

I used to wait a month and now i wait 6 months to a year before i get worried.

Make sure you are nice when you do contact them and i would wait longer so you do not get them upset by replying to fast.

I hope you the best of luck on your new item out there and i would suggest releasing more so when one is stuck you will have others moving.

If it does stop and you get no replys do not give up on your item as i have had some missing for over a year then they come back.

Good luck.