garmin etrex

PatriotARK

Picked up a garmin etrex just to try this game out. How do you enter the coordinates for the cache that you want to look for? I have read the book front to back and haven't got a clue how to enter a coordinate. If someone could email me some directions,I'd surely appreciate it. Thanks, Ny email addy: PatriotARK@aol.com

Hey,

Always glad to help... Email me your address and the model type of Etrex you have and I will give you the step by step directions. I just want to make sure I match what you have.

I really should do a GeoSnippit on this because you are not the first to ask.

-HHH

headhardhat@gmail.com

Hey PatriotARK,

Welcome to caching, first must admit I only started 4 months ago myself so where I went for some grat info was http://www.geocacher-u.com/ take geocaching 101 & 102 both will get you well underway. OBTW I started with the yellow Etrex, Santa was real good and purchased a Colorado, though I'm not too know.

Have fun and search the web, there's video and audio lessons and great ideas on what you can do.

Edited by kini_ont

Picked up a garmin etrex just to try this game out. How do you enter the coordinates for the cache that you want to look for? I have read the book front to back and haven't got a clue how to enter a coordinate. If someone could email me some directions,I'd surely appreciate it. Thanks, Ny email addy: PatriotARK@aol.com

Its not terrible intuitive but on most Garmin units you first "mark" where you are currently and then edit those coordinates to be where you want to go. Then select that point you edited and "goto" it.

A compass screen will come up show the direction to the cache and a coutdown distance to the cache. All you need to get there. :blink: