COINTEST OVER: GeoResolutions

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Besides the other one I named earlier;

* Wrap up the Medicine Spirit Series (yes Andrea, Sacred bear, lol).

* Complete the 4 new and all different Earth Turtles designs

* Eat less nutella

* And one huge surprise which will require some serious dedication to complete by end of year.

* Be meaner and less helpful :)

* Stab (not stab, that sounds kinda super mean, what I mean to say is poke gently :wub: ) dorkfish in the leg (not real hard) with my marshmallow stick at Champoeg B)

Surely, you jest ;) All the others ok, especially Karma after I heard her pet name for you.

Been a while since my original entry which was to create an earthcache in Western Australia..well we're going to the location in 2 days so I have to say that was my first months' resolution. Also in January I resove to organize a meet and greet event with Nursegirl.

For Feb...clean up my coin tracking list and tie up all those loose trades that I did before I left Canada..anyone know how to get a hold of S&G Davison??

For March..do at least one cache a week in the intense Aussie heat. Work on puzzle caches in the meantime..

April...find melt proof chocolate and do an outdoor GPS egg hunt with the kids

May..Find the puzzle caches I worked on in March.

June...another event? Indoors at a pub!!

July...go back to Canada for some caching and my sister's wedding.

August...cache in the rain

September..one year anniversary in Perth caching party

October...five caches per week, hike on the weekends

November...organize a flash mob in Perth

December...shower season's greetings to my caching friends spreading peace and goodwill and coins!

my overall goal is to get Perth's caching community TOGETHER.

Congratulations to the following WINNERS!!

Please send me your address, and then wait patiently for your prize to arrive. I can't be sure exactly when it will be sent. Let's go with that famous mail order slogan..."Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery"

At risk of sounding selfish, I would like to increase my personal geocoin collection. I have one in circulation that was adopted to me, but none in my personal collection.

Next year I would like to cache more often and make use of that ammo box I picked up at a yard sale!

Another resolution--I would like to trade more and buy less. Is that possible? LOL

I resolve to have my first coin made, although I'll have to refine my design! At the moment, it would have to be about 4 inches in diameter! I so wanted to show where I come from: the Island, Acadia, the moose, the whales, our family's lobster boat.....

In 2009 our resolution will be to attend more geocaching events and meet more great people who enjoy caching, and discovering geocoins. :rolleyes:

To go out and find all the puzzles I've solved, but haven't looked for yet.

Congratulations to the following WINNERS!!

Please send me your address, and then wait patiently for your prize to arrive. I can't be sure exactly when it will be sent. Let's go with that famous mail order slogan..."Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery"

At risk of sounding selfish, I would like to increase my personal geocoin collection. I have one in circulation that was adopted to me, but none in my personal collection.

Next year I would like to cache more often and make use of that ammo box I picked up at a yard sale!

Another resolution--I would like to trade more and buy less. Is that possible? LOL

I resolve to have my first coin made, although I'll have to refine my design! At the moment, it would have to be about 4 inches in diameter! I so wanted to show where I come from: the Island, Acadia, the moose, the whales, our family's lobster boat.....

In 2009 our resolution will be to attend more geocaching events and meet more great people who enjoy caching, and discovering geocoins. :rolleyes:

To go out and find all the puzzles I've solved, but haven't looked for yet.

congrats all winners and thanks for the cointest WRITE SHOP ROBERT <_<:blink:

Congrats to all the winners and thanks for the cointest WSR. I actually crossed one off my list already. I got TPTB here at home to let me get a new GPSr. I am now caching with an Oregon 300. :laughing:

I'm on the fence about the 300. I've read all the reviews from others. What do you think so far? What did you use before?

As the year is winding toward its conclusion, I thought I'd look abak at this year's geocaching goals and see how I'm doing. It turns out that I'm ok in some areas and woefully lacking in others - as it often goes with resolutions.

1) Reach 3000 geocaches - 87 to go, I might make it

2) Release 500th geocoin into wild - I'm pretty close on this one too

3) Hide more of the caches that are sitting around in my workshop (mostly ammo cans and unusual containers) - failing miserably, only one so far

4) Find 100th cache in SC (so I’ll have 100+ in each state bordering NC) - done early in the year

5) Find a cache in a state that I haven’t cached in previously - Yup, and I hope to add a few more in the next month.

6) Keep up with caching when my son heads off to college (could be the toughest – I’ll miss my caching buddy) - Sadly, I'm falling behind on this. I hope we can make a few caching runs when he is home for Christmas Break.

I'd like to increase my cache finds to 200. Of course, I said that last year, but with the price of gas, an old car and now, great distances to travel for new cache finds, that didn't happen, so I'm looking for a modest 39 new cache finds this year.

Aw come on... go all out and make it 40! <_<

Wow, with a location called Mount Desert Island, it sounds like getting home is a 5/5.

I just Googled some pics and it just became a place I would really like to get to see in person some time.

Happy Holidays!

I accomplished my goal in September. :anibad:

Place a second cache!

Yes, reached this goal 3 weeks ago.

It did take my so long because i wanted it to be a "good" cache.

I hesitated for months, because at first i wanted to place a magnetic nano on an old locomotive. But i hate those things! I like boxes which can contain something. Then I found those nice magnets and had a brainwave to turn my lock & lock box into a locomotive. The cache was published within 45 minutes and it is getting nice logs.

My georesolutions (in no particular order) are:

1) Reach 500 finds (currently at 308)

Currently at 604

2) Finally place the 6 ammo cans I've been saving for a cache series for almost 6 months now.

Eventually used 2 of them for other caches. Never got any further on the series <_<

3) Reach at least the 4/4 level of the Well Rounded Cacher matrix

Not even close :anibad:

4) Place more diabolical puzzle caches

Lots of good (bad?) intentions, but none acted upon :lol:

5) Mint a personal coin

Done! Yay!!

PHD0901_front_thumb.jpgPHD0901_back_thumb.jpg

6) Mint at least one other coin (besides the one already in the works)

Done, done and done! 3 more besides my personal in 2009!

oak_front_thumb.jpgoak_back_thumb.jpg

night_front_thumb.jpgnight_back_thumb.jpg

coin09_front_thumb.jpgcoin09_back_thumb.jpg

7) Knock off at least 2 more of the First Post series before more are archived

Done! Ottawa and St. John's

8) Start buying food for my family instead of geocoins :lol:

I'm trying! I'm trying! :lol:

Hey guys, I'm really glad that this thread didn't get closed. I was recently also thinking of it, and wondering how everyone was doping on their goals...Let's hear it everyone!!

Off the top of my head, I know I have met this one...I released 100 activated coins into the hands of Cachers at Geocoinfest...They are popping up all over the world now!!

Hey guys, I'm really glad that this thread didn't get closed. I was recently also thinking of it, and wondering how everyone was doping on their goals...Let's hear it everyone!!

Off the top of my head, I know I have met this one...I released 100 activated coins into the hands of Cachers at Geocoinfest...They are popping up all over the world now!!

See what Can happen if you "dope" on your goals :blink::blink::laughing::angry::blink:

See what Can happen if you "dope" on your goals :blink::blink::laughing::angry::blink:

Haha, a slip of the fingertips, but I guess...Ordering them all pre activated, and placing them in the hands of Other Cachers to release for me IS a little like putting the goal on steroids??

Our good Georesolution #1: hide more caches than this year!

Accomplished : 3 caches hidden in 2008, 8 in 2009! Who-hoo!

Good Georesolution #2 : design my own Geocoin

Accomplished : the design is ok, but the project had been seriously delayed for unknown reasons. Waiting for samples now.

We'd like to meet more local cachers. It's not a resolution per se, since it does not depend solely on us... there's not many events here. Maybe we should host one, but having never attended one...

Another thing I could do is lurk less here and post more! :blink:

1. Well, yeah, you see. We now have great relationship with a couple of locals, but that's not much. No event for this year, we didn't have the time to plan such a thing. And having never attended one...

2. I think it's done!

Oh yes, one more!

I resolve to get over a personal irritation towards two FTF-hounds skimming all new caches around :blink:

Ok... well, I can't think otherwise of people who will visit a cache only if it's to be FTF. Or visit it a year later. Whatever. There are worse things than that!

I resolve to recruit more people into the caching fraternity. I have only been caching for 4 months, and have gotten only one other person to sign up. I have told a few others about it, and they are interested, but none have started an account yet. (post #58)

I have succeeded at this one, helping several friends and family members join.

At risk of sounding selfish, I would like to increase my personal geocoin collection. I have one in circulation that was adopted to me, but none in my personal collection. (Post #98)

This one I have made significant progress on. I now have about 45 coins (17 in circulation).

I have started a series of caches to promote benchmarking, as well as pay homage to Seinfeld. I have only placed 2 caches in this series thus far, but have gotten some great feedback. In the next year, I hope to expand the series even further. NOTE...if anyone is interested in looking at these caches, search for the keyword "Yadda Yadda Yadda". They are in south-central PA (so far). (post #124)

I have placed a third one in this series, and am scouting a location for the 4th.

In 2009, I resolve to allow my 7-year-old geocaching partner make more of the finds all by himself. See my profile for a pic of me with Jr Mikal #1. Jr Mikal #2 is only 5 months old, so he is not quite ready yet. (post #140)

Doing great on this one. He loves to carry the GPS himself and make the finds.

I started caching on 8/10/08, and am currently sitting at 140 finds (not counting 18 benchmarks). By the time I hit my one year anniversary, I would like to be sitting at 365 finds (including benchmarks, if necessary). In other words, for my first year of searching, I want to average at least one find per day. (post #181)

I made a valiant effort on this one, but didn't quite make it. Find #365 came on 9/7/09, instead of 8/10/09. On 8/10, I made find #344.

No more posting in the geocoin forum with the exception of coin sale announcements :)

Well dang, I wasn't sure I posted in here so I checked. I failed miserablly at mine, lol. I must have been ticked off when I typed that :anibad: BUT I did slow down on posting alot :anibad:

Edited by tsunrisebey

I resolve to keep up with my logs and not get so far behind. Well maybe if I can at least log them within a week of when I find them would be good!! LOL

Well I have to say that I completed all my logs for 2009 in 2009. I typed the last one out on Dec 31 and it was for a cache from Aug 2009. :anibad::anibad: I tried I really did!!

Then New Year's Day I went to an event and now have 40 logs to write. I think I will renew that resolution for 2010

I got the Stargate cache set up (physically) -- the ammo can is camouflaged and appropriately marked (and has a transport chamber inside), etc. Got the cache page set up (on the Misawa Geocachers account, but it hasn't been made available to the reviewers yet). I even have the location picked out. However, I never did actually place it; the end of the year and my PCS (permanent change of station) snuck up on me. So now SlagleRock, the new MiGO person in Misawa, has all of the stuff, including the Stargate setup data. So hopefully when he gets a chance, he and his crew will go place the cache! I'm pretty proud of the cache and its page, so I hope to be able to brag about it if/when it goes public. : )

:) Happy new year my friends!

Hmm.... some resolutions were done, some note, some....

Let's see what I posted and what has happen...

1) My island to have more caches and not less than 20, to find....

* Done! I have 29 finds and I am going for the 30th find, so... more caches have been places! :)

2) Make new geocachers here in Rhodes!

* Nope! :unsure: BUT... I saw that a German (probably) geocacher is in an island in Dodecanese, so At least I am not alone.... even if sea is seperating us! I will comunicate with him soon! :)

3) keep the fun of geocaching in my sister and my brother in law!

* Oh yesm and that's cool!!! :D Ok, they do not want to go to all caches etc, but at least they have fun and like going....

4) find caches in an other country

* No! :D Being without a job isn't helping a lot to travel..... I hope in the future... :)

5) Meet an other geocacher!

* oh Done it!!!! :D I met 4-6 geocachers!!! What a great feeling! :) Ihad the chance to meet a good friend of mine, a geocacher from Germany too!!! :D

6) Place caches in Rhodes or in Leros....

* No! :D Anyway... I was happy to see that Leros had a cache fr a while, but the maintaner there (the caches was very close to his tavern, and probably in his land! Yuo almost had to walk throw his tavern to go...) was not a good one so it was achived! :D

7) Have 100 coins in my collection!

* hmm.. when I first posted that, I had some (I do not remember how many... 40 or 45) but I was counting my travelers too as part of my collection! when I saw that many were going missing, I had to take them out and not counting in my collection! Only if anyone will come to my hands will be a part of it! I actually do not know if I have reached this goal... if not, I am close, very close!! :) ... I have to see! :)

But... if I count my travellers... Oh yes, I reached it and passed it for sure!

8) Go to an event...

* No! :D there was an event here in greece recently but I couldn't go! :( Maybe in the future

So... Total...

3 yes, 3 no and 2 "yes and no" (cachers in rhodes & geocoins)... :D

One of my geocaching resolutions for 2009 is to hit the magical 2000 cache finds by years end. This past year I was averaging about 100 per month. Now that the days are shorter and work is busier than ever I haven't even been hitting 50 per month...

I actually DID complete this one!!! I found my 2000th cache find on December 30th, with only one day left!

Now I have a couple of resolutions for 2010:

1. Quit smoking!

2. Live a healthier lifestyle

3. Get to 3000 cache finds by December 31, 2010

Looking back at what I had posted as georesolutions, I don't appear to have done too bad. ;)

1. Find at least 500 caches - didn't quite find 500 but got pretty close (468).

2. Hold a cointest - yes, to find out how you all occupied yourselves when there was a fire in the building which houses the servers for GC.

3. Attend more geocaching events, meet new geocachers and make some new friends - yes, I attended 9 events and hosted the BrisVegas Meet & Greet for some international visitors - we ended up with at least 5 teams visiting from overseas. I also made some new friends through these events and have had a great time with them. :lol::D

4. Improve my well rounded cacher profile by halving the remaining 23 of 81 diff/ter possibilities. I still have 17 combinations for find, but 14 of those have a difficulty of 4.5 or 5 :blink: but I am happy with this result.