COINTEST OVER: GeoResolutions

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

OK, the year is coming to a close, and it's time to start thinking of setting some goals to reach in the new year. I will award some Coin Prizes by random draw for all posts in this thread.

The Prize Coins are still undetermined.

The number of prizes is still undetermined(more than 5).

You may post as often as you like(but not twice in a row).

Entries end at Midnight on December 31(according to the time in my forum clock).

Any resolutions in this thread should relate to GeoCaching/GeoCoins.

Drawings will be sometime in January.

That's pretty simple. In keeping with the old "Mail Order" Disclaimer...Please allow 6-8 weeks for shipping. Just so that no one gets upset that their prize hasn't arrived quiclky enough. Thanks for playing, let's have some fun. Your resolutions can be serious or silly, but should be clean and fun.

My GeoResolution for 2009 is to reach a total find count of 1000 Geocaches!

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Funny! Ive been tellin folks my resolution this year will be to be a better geocacher! :) Place "stash notes" in all my caches, Identify my earlier caches with no lables. Make caches more creative, better camo, new sigs, carry extra baggies N such...Ya know, strive to be that cacher whos caches you want to find! ...:) ~ :cry:

Just picked up a slew of different sized "Polycarbonate" (oooooh) lock N Locks tonight! Gots around 12-15 Ammocans waitin fer me to somethin with em! Got a container of containers, Some stickers, "good" log books, baggies, a ton of good swag, some collected theme swag too! :anicute: Got paint of every which color with plastic primer, metal primer, camo tape, epoxy...Basically anything I may need to make, build, construct or simply place a cache~ IM READY! kinda

Other than that... I gotta make more money this year... so I can be a better geocacher! :) ~ :blink:

:wub:

I resolve to get a new Stargate cache set up here in Misawa early next year. : )

stargate cache???? ,,,please explain this, im very courious!

my resolution, is to try to mint a few coins,, and trade my a** off, and be in the position this time next year to do some huge geo-gifting!!! :D

Check out this cache for a description of how it works -- it's pretty cool! And I understand exactly what you mean about your resolution -- that's exactly what I'm trying to do too. : )

I resolve to get a new Stargate cache set up here in Misawa early next year. : )

stargate cache???? ,,,please explain this, im very courious!

my resolution, is to try to mint a few coins,, and trade my a** off, and be in the position this time next year to do some huge geo-gifting!!! :blink:

Check out this cache for a description of how it works -- it's pretty cool! And I understand exactly what you mean about your resolution -- that's exactly what I'm trying to do too. : )

now that awsome!!! :) pm sent

I resolve to up the number of Earth caches in Western Australia. Right now, I think there is one :)

Yahoo - I will have to return there! Was so disappointed by the number of Earthcaches -hardly any in all of OZ! Making it so hard to upgrade my Earthcaching status from Silver. (Geared for cacher who are able to drive to another state!)

I do hope you can achieve your goal.

Edit - to add my resolution, and to not break the rules of two posts in a row (at time of edit, there was not rule about edits - hee hee)

Simple resolution - to up my number of terrain 2.5 and above caches.

Harder resolution - put out some more challenging caches.

Happy New Year, to you all!

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Well... I have some geocaching things I want to do in the new year!!!

One of my goals is to finally meet an other geocacher!!!!!!

I haven't meet anyone yet! I may have seen some but I didn;t know what to tell them!

what I mean... I have seen some people near the cache and looked like they wanted something there! I was with my father but I didn't know what to tell them, becasue I was thinking that they may be muggles! Most probably (if they were geocachers) they were thinking the same thing for me too! :blink:

This year I was very close to meet an other greek geocacher, but unfortunatelly he never came in Rhodes! :)

I feel lonely here!

Wow, what to do what to do??? I know....I want to place 100 caches (won't be too hard on this one :) ) Find 1000 (now, since I've not cached in nearly forever, this might be tougher, but I'm only 35 away), find caches in a new state, climb another mountain for a cache, ride my motorcycle at least 500 miles (one way) while on a cache trip...all while riding or driving SAFELY and RESPONSIBLY!!

And probably one of the harder ones...

release (or help to) another 200 coins into the Todie's Wild Ride cointest!!

THANKS for another great cointest WSR and THANKS for giving me reason to aim high with my resolutions.

btw, this is not an entry into the cointest, I have won and been gifted sooo many coins through generous and caring souls this year, I want others to enjoy the fun!!

Lastly, this year was a very trying year, I hope to make next year a BETTER year and will try to work on my positive attitude!

Okay, so my other resolution is like DJ's -- I want to build up a bunch of coins so that I can participate in the missions and run some cointests. I'm actually in the process of doing so, too, hopefully, thanks to Mike Atwell and MotoCycleBoi (skippity skippity).

Oh, and by the way, thank you VERY MUCH for the cointest! : )

My Georesolution is not to forget to take a picture of every trackable I retrieve from or discover in a Cache!

Last time I moved a TB from one Cache to another during the same tour, I forgot to take a picture, and I was so sorry, because there was no picture at all on it's page!

Our resolution for the new Year'09 would be to not get so far behind on activating our coins as we receive them in the mail. We take alot of pride in our coins and activate every one of them and upload pictures to their pages and bring them to every event we attend, to share them with everyone. We also have a spread sheet of every coin we own, including our untrackable geocoins, total all pretty close to 1,500 coins :D

Another New Years resolution came to our minds is that we have placed a bunch of Official Wisconsin Spirit Quest Cemetary Caches just like Indiana has, and we like to place more in the upcomming new Year. We have had alot of fun doing placing these caches and learned alot on the history we didnt even know in our own County we live in. It never seems to amaze us on how much we learn just being in the sport of geocaching. We would never give it up for the world. We have placed 37 Wisconsin Spirit Quest Cemetary Caches and hope to bring more out in the upcomming new Year.

Well... I have some geocaching things I want to do in the new year!!!

One of my goals is to finally meet an other geocacher!!!!!!

I haven't meet anyone yet! I may have seen some but I didn;t know what to tell them!

what I mean... I have seen some people near the cache and looked like they wanted something there! I was with my father but I didn't know what to tell them, becasue I was thinking that they may be muggles! Most probably (if they were geocachers) they were thinking the same thing for me too! :D

This year I was very close to meet an other greek geocacher, but unfortunatelly he never came in Rhodes! :D

I feel lonely here!

Ask them politely if they have lost something.

Make a joke that a GPS might help them find it.... if they stare blankly, then you know it is a muggle and just laugh.

Otherwise

To find an event.

Good luck.

My Quick resolve, that will take most of 2009 to achieve.

Convince my life & caching partner that we really should go to the Mega Event being planned for Easter 2010 on the large island west of New Zealand.

AIr tickets, holiday applications at work, caching plans, accomodation, rental cars and snake education all required.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Another New Years resolution came to our minds is that we have placed a bunch of Official Wisconsin Spirit Quest Cemetary Caches just like Indiana has, and we like to place more in the upcomming new Year. We have had alot of fun doing placing these caches and learned alot on the history we didnt even know in our own County we live in. It never seems to amaze us on how much we learn just being in the sport of geocaching. We would never give it up for the world. We have placed 37 Wisconsin Spirit Quest Cemetary Caches and hope to bring more out in the upcomming new Year.

COOL, We did our first find in the dark,,of the colorado spirit quests last week!!! love um!!!

we need to place at least 1 cache this year and see if we cant go to a few local events here too,mabie try to get to 500 finds as a big goal for the year

I resolve to stop making and collecting geocoins.
Hope you will still continue to keep in touch with us Jim, you are a dear friend of ours. We hope to still see you in the forums from time to time to time even to say Hi. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years '09 to You and Your Wife. :D

well hope you dont keep that one,as ive seem some of the coins and they are good so for the collectors sake i hope you keep making them,,then youll practicly have no choice but to keep collecting,,he he he :D