Awesome Geocoin Packages

Degai

Have you ever received a package in the mail from a trade or a mission that you thought was awesome? The obvious is that you have received a coin you wanted and of course you love it. But, I am talking about those “coiners” that go beyond the call of duty. You know who I am talking about-those packages that you are just amazed by their contents or those that make you laugh when you open them.

I haven’t noticed any posts concerning this topic in particular, so I wanted to start this post for those of you who feel inclined to share with others the creativity, cleverness, inventiveness, and generosity of those who always go way beyond the 110%. Please feel free to post anything here that you receive now or anything you have received from the past.

Since I just received a package from DaFunkyFrogs yesterday, I will give you an example:

First, their return address is themed with their name-there’s a frog on a branch; on the back of the envelope is a note that says, “Shake me 2 empty” (with a smiley face). . .huummm, what’s this?

You open the package, and out jumps many tiny little green frogs! I just had to laugh at this.

Then, they include a beautifully handcrafted clip with an adorable little ceramic frog on a pink and green macramé. Sooo adorable!

And of course, the Pièce de résistance -their beautiful and well detailed coin where glitter and translucences abound!

DaFunkyFrogspersonalhandmadeitem5.jpgDaFunkyFrogs2.jpg

Briarpatch sends out packages completely out of the blue that I think fit the bill! Here are two that I have received as Thank You gifts for my Cointest Games.

A few days ago...

3aa43c22-985c-4553-b487-51c386e90ca9.jpg

A while before that...

51597eaa-8c58-4eb1-a351-0277aa831918.jpg

These were completely unexpected, and a lot of work has been put into the Replicoin Cards! Thank You Wes!!

WELL DESERVED ROBERT!!! YOUVE DONE A HECK OFA JOB SCENCE I BEEN AROUND AND WHO KNOWS HOW LONG B-4 THAT. YOUR ONE OF THOSE GUYS THAT WE ALL KNOW CAN AND WILL STEP UP TO THE PLATE!!! AND FOR THAT I THANK YOU AS WELL!!!

Someone who for me went beyond the 'call of duty' was CLAMM. She sent me the Witch's coin mission along with a coin that I have been looking for a long time now, the Swabian Alb. After that, she also offered up a Stonehenge Ultimate Mystery coin for trade. These two coins have been on the top of my list, well ever since I made a list and I don't think it would've been possible to find them without her.

Thanks Lisa!

I don't wish to appear as a party pooper on this - but - the mission threads are there for sharing what has been received, to single out people, however generous they may be, could make some people uncomfortable. There are plenty of people out there that might not enter a mission now because they do not have the resources to gift such spectacular packages. Appreciation can and should be given in the relevant mission thread, details can also be given in the mailbag thread, I really don't think it appropriate to open another one, it diminishes the effort put in by everyone else who has participated in missions, and I am sure that the majority of participants do so to the very best of their ability. Let's keep it about the giving and receiving - not who did best.