PMO cache Audit Logs and mobile device accesses

team_goobie

Q to TPTB - when someone accesses a PMO cache from the Geocaching iPhone app, does that access reflect in the audit logs? Has anyone tested this or have the answer? Thanks!

I don't think it does, since I know it doesn't when you access it from wap.geocaching.com.

It also doesn't in any of the thousands of PQ's that may include a PMO cache.

Q to TPTB - when someone accesses a PMO cache from the Geocaching iPhone app, does that access reflect in the audit logs? Has anyone tested this or have the answer? Thanks!

I don't think it does, since I know it doesn't when you access it from wap.geocaching.com.

Thanks TL - yes you're right, it does not. Thanks all. Interesting ommision!

Tony

Thanks TL - yes you're right, it does not. Thanks all. Interesting ommision!

Tony

If the question is"Does it appear in the audit logs", yes it does when you access from the wap site. It may not go out to watchers but it does go to the owner of the cache. The log also does show in the PQ's, just not the Notify emails. iPhone may differ, however I would be surprised.

If the question is"Does it appear in the audit logs", yes it does when you access from the wap site. It may not go out to watchers but it does go to the owner of the cache. The log also does show in the PQ's, just not the Notify emails. iPhone may differ, however I would be surprised.

Hrrm, how would you look at the audit logs from the WAP site? There is no option to see them - regular logs yes, but the audit log, no. Can I craft a URL to get to it? Are we talking about the same thing here?

But, did confirm that an access from the iPhone app did not generate a visit that recorded on the the audit log viewable from geocaching.com. If you have an iPhone and the app, give it a try on a PMO cache. If you have to make one to try it you don't have to publish it, just go to the audit log page and note how many visits, then access from the iPhone app, go back to the audit log page, and reload. No change. It appears to be true if I access wap.geocaching.com from Safari on the iPhone as well.

After trying this, just for sheets and giggles, I accessed the same PMO from the regular (WWW) site and the next reload of the audit page showed one uptick on the log.

Given that it's a good bet that the iPhone app is using data from the WAP server to generate cache pages, there must be an inherent barrier to merging the site stats from WAP and WWW. I can understand that now, that I know about the WAP site (I'm pretty green here!)

Thanks again for your help -

No, it doesn't. I think you're misinterpreting the question. The AUDIT LOG is only available to the owner, and shows the name of everyone who has viewed the cache page. It does not include those who view it via the WAP site.