maps topo and city

Just a note on the "FREE" part. I know how much time and resources are involved in producing maps like these and most of these map makers provide a way to make donations. If you can part with a few bucks as a donation, PLEASE, I know these guys appreciate it and it will help them cover some of the tangible and intangible costs of producing these excellent maps for all to use. :D

Edited by yogazoo

[rant mode on]

These forums are a great place to find the information you need.

In many cases you do not have to ask.

Just do a search on these forums, or scan the topics right here.

I see within the last 50 topics, 2 other requests for 'free' maps, and both of those have had the very same answers as your question. Both of those topics are from within the last 2 days. And if one pages to the next 50 topics, there are just about a dozen duplicated, redundant, requests for free maps from dozens of people who just don't want to spend the time to read the pinned topic or scan the forums.

Please do not add to the clutter...

[/rant mode off]

[rant mode on]

These forums are a great place to find the information you need.

In many cases you do not have to ask.

Just do a search on these forums, or scan the topics right here.

I see within the last 50 topics, 2 other requests for 'free' maps, and both of those have had the very same answers as your question. Both of those topics are from within the last 2 days. And if one pages to the next 50 topics, there are just about a dozen duplicated, redundant, requests for free maps from dozens of people who just don't want to spend the time to read the pinned topic or scan the forums.

Please do not add to the clutter...

[/rant mode]

[smartass mode]

You mean clutter like wasting a post to tell someone not to clutter up the forum? How's the view from up there on your high horse?

p.s. - with formatting tags, it's [tag] for "on", and [/tag] for "off". [/tag off] is redundant. :D

[/smartass mode]

Edited by JSWilson64

p.s. - with formatting tags, it's [tag] for "on", and [/tag] for "off". [/tag off] is redundant. :)

Don't get your baud rate in an uproar. I intentionally was being extra superflously repeatatively redundant to make a point.

But yes, cluttering up the threads is one thing, cuuttering up one topic is another. One you have to wade through to see other topics, the other one you only see if you are reading that one and only topic.

Read his very first sentence. He had a link to free maps and he wanted to know where to get free maps! DUH! Or perhaps he really meant did anyone have experinece with the many free maps that are available and are talked about in these forums every day?

Edited by trainlove